Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 738 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 238638688728736737738739740748788838 ... LastLast
Results 7,371 to 7,380 of 10862

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    ^Even before don't have Vcore and LLC (according to Manual).
    Yes, that's true. But I never lost the hope :D

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

Board hardware did not support such functions.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Are there no Beta BIOSes for GA-Q77M-D2H? (don't find any in the lists)

Thanks
    Mike

WillG027 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by macnb View Post
    Yes but even with Haswell, you will always be on Beta BIOS with Gigabyte because, by the time Haswell boards come out, the next Intel chip will be coming out and of course gigabyte will only focus on that new chip and would not bother with fixing any Haswell board bios's. And so the cycle will continue. It's their business model.
    Agreed. Have a Z77 SniperM3 here and have had numerous issues with the BIOS. (NOT user error) Gigabyte need to shift focus back onto QUALITY - most particularily reliability. I've had a few Giganyte MOBO's and graphics card recently and they are just not up to snuff. I'll be avoiding Gigabyte in the future, until they start putting out a better quality, more reliable product & probably most importantly - show some better support for existing customers. (BIOS updates etc.)

MrT0ad is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by WillG027 View Post
    Agreed. Have a Z77 SniperM3 here and have had numerous issues with the BIOS. (NOT user error) Gigabyte need to shift focus back onto QUALITY - most particularily reliability. I've had a few Giganyte MOBO's and graphics card recently and they are just not up to snuff. I'll be avoiding Gigabyte in the future, until they start putting out a better quality, more reliable product & probably most importantly - show some better support for existing customers. (BIOS updates etc.)
    How perception varies from one person to another is quite bizarre...

I actually chose GB's offering over a competitor's due to this user forum, Stasio and him making beta BIOSes and modified BIOSes available. I have used the competitor's products for years and despite their Tier 1 status I found their BIOS support, even in high end boards, rather lacklustre.

pitroy is offline Junior Member

What's new in this bios, stasio???

GA-Z77X-D3H - F18d

Gbmaryland is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrT0ad View Post
    How perception varies from one person to another is quite bizarre...

I actually chose GB's offering over a competitor's due to this user forum, Stasio and him making beta BIOSes and modified BIOSes available. I have used the competitor's products for years and despite their Tier 1 status I found their BIOS support, even in high end boards, rather lacklustre.
    Frankly, the latest G1.Assassin2 BIOS, F12r, is pretty unstable unless it's been mod'ed. Now, the fact the Intel has had the code out for a long time now, to fix many of the issues with the X79 OROMs, is a pretty clear indication of lack of support for a platform. Without the updated OROM I cannot get RAID 0 to work between two SSD on the Assassin2... Gigabyte knows about this issue, and has done nothing to fix it. I suspect this thread exists BECAUSE they want someone else to solve their issues, and, lucky for us, that's actually happened. Seriously, I've had an unstable platform for OVER A YEAR. If other manufacturers weren't having similar issues with the X79 platform, this email would have ended up with a YouTube link to a squad of Marines shooting an Assassin2 at 1000m being filmed via high speed camera.

MrT0ad is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gbmaryland View Post
    Frankly, the latest G1.Assassin2 BIOS, F12r, is pretty unstable unless it's been mod'ed. Now, the fact the Intel has had the code out for a long time now, to fix many of the issues with the X79 OROMs, is a pretty clear indication of lack of support for a platform. Without the updated OROM I cannot get RAID 0 to work between two SSD on the Assassin2... Gigabyte knows about this issue, and has done nothing to fix it. I suspect this thread exists BECAUSE they want someone else to solve their issues, and, lucky for us, that's actually happened. Seriously, I've had an unstable platform for OVER A YEAR. If other manufacturers weren't having similar issues with the X79 platform, this email would have ended up with a YouTube link to a squad of Marines shooting an Assassin2 at 1000m being filmed via high speed camera.
    I have not owned an X79 board, but for what I've read in diverse forums lack of support is something that has plagued every manufacturer...

However I do understand that not supporting a product because the competition is doing pretty much the same is a very poor excuse, and I am generally irritated by the fact that we need to resort to support from third parties to get fixes implemented, but I am at the same time very grateful that we have this board and fellow members like Stasio doing it :)

On a completely different note, maybe the guys @ RatedRR would like to pass a 50cal round through the board? I've just watched them smoke a Samsung Galaxy S4 with one :D I must admit I find pleasure (of the morally reprehensible and guilt-worthy persuasion) in watching large guns destroy various electronic contraptions :D :D :D

Gbmaryland is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrT0ad View Post
    I have not owned an X79 board, but for what I've read in diverse forums lack of support is something that has plagued every manufacturer... However I do understand that not supporting a product because the competition is doing pretty much the same is a very poor excuse, and I am generally irritated by the fact that we need to resort to support from third parties to get fixes implemented, but I am at the same time very grateful that we have this board and fellow members like Stasio doing it :) On a completely different note, maybe the guys @ RatedRR would like to pass a 50cal round through the board? I've just watched them smoke a Samsung Galaxy S4 with one :D I must admit I find pleasure (of the morally reprehensible and guilt-worthy persuasion) in watching large guns destroy various electronic contraptions :D :D :D
    Yepper, I do wonder what will happen when the new i7-hexacore LGA2011's come out... I guess we'll see what the BIOS updates, if they happen, support. That shouldn't be a massive endeavor to get the microcode for the newer CPUs updated. On the other note: Being an evil American, I've got a ton of rifles, and a pair of them are TRG-42's in 300WM and 338LM. The 50s are nice, but 1000m is not a serious challenge for them. Use a 300WM for that...Of course, I prefer skeet, but I cant think of a good way to launch a G1.Assassin2 from the high house to blast it out of the sky! -smile-

arrow0309 is offline Junior Member

There's definitely need of a new bios for our Z77X-UP5 TH mobos in order to support better the ram like my 2x4Gb Tactical Tracer 1866
    If I was "boot loop" unstable before at 2133 (now it seems stable but only with the Xmp) I cannot change the ram freq. anymore, tried all the combinations for the 2133 or 2200 up to 1.65v, the bios will make it run at 1866 c9 exactly as the xmp profile, changing the dram volt. only
    Wtf, I thought I was buying a nice, low profile ram kit wit lot of oc capability but I was wrong, this mainboard won't digest it so well
    Gonna try to sell it and switch to a F3-2400C10D-8GTX or F3-2400C9D-8GTXD kit
    GIGABYTE Z77X-UP5 TH, I7 3770K @ 4.6GHz
    G.SKILL TridentX 2400 cl9 F3-2400C9D-8GTXD
    GIGABYTE HD7950 WF3 GHz Editon
    Ocz Vector 128GB, Ocz Vertex 2E 120GB
    Seagate Barracuda XT 3TB
    NH-D14 @ HighGT AP-29 / TY-143 / SST-FHP141 (Liquid Ultra)
    Cooler Master Silent Pro M 850W
    Windows 7 x64 SP1

Thread Information