Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 761 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 261661711751759760761762763771811861 ... LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,610 of 10847

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

boondocks is offline Senior Member

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

I can OC just fine with F6k, but I have a ton of video problems. But I agree with 1000moths, there is none as stable as F5 for me.
    Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
    Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
    PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
    Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
    Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
    HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/4.8@1.38 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
    SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

I upgraded my X79-UP4 Gigabyte motherboard BIOS to F3t Beta from F3p Beta as Gigabyte GGTS tech support told me ...
    ..and I reported them back that the random freezing bug under Windows 7 x64 SP1 with Intel CPU Core i7-3930K Stepping C2 is still there, it's not fixed at all. Freezing with Kernel-Power ID 41 error.

I told them that with F2 BIOS the system was freezing on average every 4-6 hours... then with F3p Beta the freezing happens every 10-12 hours on average. F3t Beta is the same or worse, the freezing happens every 9-13 hours uptime.

I told them that the major upgrade from F2 BIOS to F3p BIOS was the Intel Management Engine Firmware that they upgraded from version 7.x to a now old version 8.x and the F3t didn't have any new ME Firmware update, and the freezing rate lowered a lot since then although it's not fixed.. so the freezing can be caused by known Intel errata.

I told them multiple times that I read of people on other forums telling that they were experiencing the same freezing bug on their ASUS and other brands X79 motherboards and they couldn't fix it until the manufacturers released new BIOSes that fixed the issue.

All Gigabyte BIOS versions still have Microcode Update 70B for the i7-3930K C2 although most manufacturers upgraded it to 70C and Intel recently released the new 70E revision to OEMs.

I asked them to please release a new BIOS with the latest Intel official updates, Microcode and ME firmware, because the obvious common factor for the same freezing bug with different manufacturers must be related to Intel errata that got fixed BUT it's the OEM that has to release and test the Intel updates on their hardware in order to support its customers.

Well, GGTS latest answer has been more than discouraging and far from helpful.

Now they just told me that they have never seen such a freezing (and they are telling me that now after over 2 months that I contacted them and they asked me to upgrade to Beta BIOSes... so they obviously knew about the freezing bug!) and that it's my own problem and that even sending the motherboard back to Amazon could be an issue due to RMA requiring examination... like telling "you are screwed paying customer, we don't give a damn!".

I am outraged now.

How can a customer ever keep trusting Gigabyte anymore ?

In the past 10-15 years that I have been buying and installing Gigabyte motherboards for myself, my friends and small businesses I have never experienced anything like this with Gigabyte, ever.
    I switched from ASUS due to their lack of quality support at the time .. BUT now I will have to reconsider because Gigabyte management and support seem really out-of-quality. It just seems that Gigabyte doesn't give a damn about quality and customers support.

I told GGTS once again that all the hardware in this PC was perfectly working on my old Gigabyte EP45-DS5 with Intel Q9650. The 32GB Dominator DDR3 1600MHz RAM on the X79-UP4 passes MemTest86 3.5b over and over with no errors.
    So obviously the only real cause for the freeze can be the motherboard itself. And all components in my system run between 40C and 50C on average. The temperature is not the issue either.

And being this freezing bug the same that happened to other users on other brands X79 motherboards there must be a common factor. And by simple logic, with Gigabyte behind in providing latest Intel updates to customers and with the fact that the Intel ME Firmware 7.x to an old 8.x upgrade lowered the freezing rate... that is I'd say 95-99% probability the culprit.

I am going to contact Intel asking them what I should do with OEM Gigabyte refusing to provide proper support and Intel updates to its customers....

What else should I do ?

I doubt Amazon would refuse me to return the board under warranty .. however the fact is that this board might not be defective with other CPUs ..because it's more than likely a BIOS bug. So yes the RMA could fail, Gigabyte could easily tell that the board is fine although it obviously isn't.

But all this situation it's beyond absurd. What is Gigabyte support and management doing ? Instead of providing proper support they just negate the reported issues and tell customers that the RMA couldn't work either...

I can't use this PC properly with the random freezing bug, I spent a lot of money to upgrade it.. I could try re-selling the X79-UP4 and switch to an ASUS to cover for the price but that would still mean wasting a lot of time for something that could be easily fixed by the OEM if only Gigabyte gave a damn about its customers!

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

@zerowing

It is discouraging that Gigabyte tech support isn't willing to create a special bios for you to test with.

Go to all social networking sites where Gigabyte is present and post a copy of the above information.
    The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
    Last edited by profJim; 06-26-2013 at 07:12 PM.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Quote Originally Posted by profJim View Post
    @zerowing

It is discouraging that Gigabyte tech support isn't willing to create a special bios for you to test with.

Go to all social networking sites where Gigabyte is present and post a copy of the above information.
    The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
    Is you reply for real or are you trying to make a fun of me, perhaps ?

boondocks is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by zerowing View Post
    He's serious. You have to keep getting the message out every chance you get or nothing will get done, most likely.
    Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
    Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
    PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
    Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
    Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
    HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/4.8@1.38 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
    SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

boe323 is offline Member

I upgraded my X79-UP4 Gigabyte motherboard BIOS to F3t Beta from F3p Beta as Gigabyte GGTS tech support told me ...
    ..and I reported them back that the random freezing bug under Windows 7 x64 SP1 with Intel CPU Core i7-3930K Stepping C2 is still there, it's not fixed at all. Freezing with Kernel-Power ID 41 error.

I told them that with F2 BIOS the system was freezing on average every 4-6 hours... then with F3p Beta the freezing happens every 10-12 hours on average. F3t Beta is the same or worse, the freezing happens every 9-13 hours uptime.

I told them that the major upgrade from F2 BIOS to F3p BIOS was the Intel Management Engine Firmware that they upgraded from version 7.x to a now old version 8.x and the F3t didn't have any new ME Firmware update, and the freezing rate lowered a lot since then although it's not fixed.. so the freezing can be caused by known Intel errata.

I told them multiple times that I read of people on other forums telling that they were experiencing the same freezing bug on their ASUS and other brands X79 motherboards and they couldn't fix it until the manufacturers released new BIOSes that fixed the issue.

All Gigabyte BIOS versions still have Microcode Update 70B for the i7-3930K C2 although most manufacturers upgraded it to 70C and Intel recently released the new 70E revision to OEMs.

I asked them to please release a new BIOS with the latest Intel official updates, Microcode and ME firmware, because the obvious common factor for the same freezing bug with different manufacturers must be related to Intel errata that got fixed BUT it's the OEM that has to release and test the Intel updates on their hardware in order to support its customers.

Well, GGTS latest answer has been more than discouraging and far from helpful.

Now they just told me that they have never seen such a freezing (and they are telling me that now after over 2 months that I contacted them and they asked me to upgrade to Beta BIOSes... so they obviously knew about the freezing bug!) and that it's my own problem and that even sending the motherboard back to Amazon could be an issue due to RMA requiring examination... like telling "you are screwed paying customer, we don't give a damn!".

I am outraged now.

How can a customer ever keep trusting Gigabyte anymore ?

In the past 10-15 years that I have been buying and installing Gigabyte motherboards for myself, my friends and small businesses I have never experienced anything like this with Gigabyte, ever.
    I switched from ASUS due to their lack of quality support at the time .. BUT now I will have to reconsider because Gigabyte management and support seem really out-of-quality. It just seems that Gigabyte doesn't give a damn about quality and customers support.

I told GGTS once again that all the hardware in this PC was perfectly working on my old Gigabyte EP45-DS5 with Intel Q9650. The 32GB Dominator DDR3 1600MHz RAM on the X79-UP4 passes MemTest86 3.5b over and over with no errors.
    So obviously the only real cause for the freeze can be the motherboard itself. And all components in my system run between 40C and 50C on average. The temperature is not the issue either.

And being this freezing bug the same that happened to other users on other brands X79 motherboards there must be a common factor. And by simple logic, with Gigabyte behind in providing latest Intel updates to customers and with the fact that the Intel ME Firmware 7.x to an old 8.x upgrade lowered the freezing rate... that is I'd say 95-99% probability the culprit.

I am going to contact Intel asking them what I should do with OEM Gigabyte refusing to provide proper support and Intel updates to its customers....

What else should I do ?

I doubt Amazon would refuse me to return the board under warranty .. however the fact is that this board might not be defective with other CPUs ..because it's more than likely a BIOS bug. So yes the RMA could fail, Gigabyte could easily tell that the board is fine although it obviously isn't.

But all this situation it's beyond absurd. What is Gigabyte support and management doing ? Instead of providing proper support they just negate the reported issues and tell customers that the RMA couldn't work either...

I can't use this PC properly with the random freezing bug, I spent a lot of money to upgrade it.. I could try re-selling the X79-UP4 and switch to an ASUS to cover for the price but that would still mean wasting a lot of time for something that could be easily fixed by the OEM if only Gigabyte gave a damn about its customers!
    Why don't you ask Stasio to mod a bios for you, if you think that what you say is the problem, im sure Stasio can update the microcode and firmware and even more stuff.
    A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Quote Originally Posted by boe323 View Post
    Why don't you ask Statio to mod a bios for you, if you think that what you say is the problem, im sure Statio can update the microcode and firmware and even more stuff.
    Although the modules can be updated in a non-official way, any major BIOS settings couldn't be reprogrammed/changed if needed. Only the OEM has access to many technical documents to know what should be changed in their BIOS code to comply with any changes in the Intel updated modules.
    So yes it might be a simple fix, although other manufacturers BIOSes should be checked to see who released the 70E latest CPU Microcode update just to extract it, or it might be something more complex.

Also with manual updates of Intel ME Firmware the warranty for the board could be affected, I doubt the OEM wouldn't tell that you as the customer didn't follow the official BIOS updates.. metadata is used to track everything in BIOS too, the OEM could easily check.

And Gigabyte as an OEM manufacturer for Intel CPUs and chipsets must release all Intel updates to its customers. Intel gives OEMs the updates to ensure that end-users can get them. But if an OEM fails to do it, it's the OEM fault.

Well, I am surely going to contact Intel too directly and on their support forum.
    I will follow the advice and write about the issue on more forums.
    However it's a shame that a customer as to do anything like this.
    I never had a previous Gigabyte motherboard with such serious issues,if any at all. Current Gigabyte managers have managed ruining Gigabyte overall products and support quality clearly.

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

My reply is 100% serious.
    We are here to help others find solutions to their problems.
    Last edited by profJim; 06-26-2013 at 07:57 PM.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

boe323 is offline Member

I do know how you feel, the g1 assassin2 board has the same issues, ive resorted to modded bios', I probably get 1 or 2 freezes a month at the moment, I get more data corruption now though, actually I think its stopped now with the latest irst rom and driver, but yes, the x79 boards from gigabyte are very poor, I cant afford to build a new system at present so im stuck with it, I wont be choosing gigabyte again I can assure you.
    A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Quote Originally Posted by boe323 View Post
    I do know how you feel, the g1 assassin2 board has the same issues, ive resorted to modded bios', I probably get 1 or 2 freezes a month at the moment, I get more data corruption now though, actually I think its stopped now with the latest irst rom and driver, but yes, the x79 boards from gigabyte are very poor, I cant afford to build a new system at present so im stuck with it, I wont be choosing gigabyte again I can assure you.
    I am seriously considering buying an ASUS X89 board in the next months. It would be the first Gigabyte motherboard in 15 years that I will be forced to trash. With the X89 boards being released in a few weeks switching to an ASUS X79 at this point would be a waste of time and money anyway. At least the X89 should have all the "old" CPUs patches included and the latest Intel ME Firmware installed too.
    Surely I won't be buying another Gigabyte motherboard to get more serious stability issues at this point.

But until then I will try to get Gigabyte managers attention as much as possible. It's just insane that they refuse to provide the updates that Intel releases itself, as an OEM for Intel technologies they are obliged to, but they refuse to regardless. For this reason I am going to contact Intel too to inform them about the situation. Yes they could still tell me "it's up to the OEM we can do nothing" but if they do that then it would mean that marketeers got back in charge at Intel just like in the atrocious Pentium4 Prescott/Tejas era in which Intel was going bankrupt.
    Last edited by zerowing; 06-26-2013 at 10:23 PM.

Thread Information