Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 769 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 269669719759767768769770771779819869 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,690 of 10862

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Nu_NRG is offline Junior Member

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Dear all!
    I would like to report a very annoying bug in the F18 bios that I wasn't able to solve yet. I did flash to the F19g, that was downloaded from the official Gigabyte website and hopefully the bug won't be there. Anyway, the thing is that I setup the BIOS to power on by Keyboard 98, and this feature stops working within 1-2 days after turning it on. The same goes for the "Any key" option. I have to use the case power switch instead, and it's behind a case door, which makes it inconvenient to me. I have tried disabling "high precision event timer", changing the "instant off" to "delay 4 seconds", but to no vial. I got so frustrated, and this is my new motherboard, which I have purchased 3 weeks ago, and I have flashed to F19g this morning. The F18 BIOS got so screwed up, that this morning I was unable to get into the BIOS settings at all, either an advanced setting windows, which apparently was hanging, or the grey Dual EFI BIOS, which seemed like the 2nd BIOS tried to alter the primary one. Good thing I was able to boot into the OS and flash to the F19g, which was functioning normally at the time I left to work. I do hope that this bug will be gone in the later revisions. If not, have any of you encountered such a unique bug? Is this BIOS failure or do i have a faulty motherboard??? I have never experienced anything like this on my previous GA-P35C-DS3R, which served me more than 5.5 years without any flaws... Thank you for your support!!!

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

New BIOS:

GA-Z87X-OC - F5
    GA-Z87X-UD3H - F6

- Improve SATA RAID performance
    - Enhance DDR performance
    - 15-18.Jul 13
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    New BIOS:

GA-Z87X-OC - F5
    GA-Z87X-UD3H - F6

- Improve SATA RAID performance
    - Enhance DDR performance
    - 15-18.Jul 13
    Hello Stasio!,
    were you able to hear the engineers who develop the BIOS microcode and know what will happen to the future releases of new BIOSes for motherboards UP5-UP4 TH, UD5H and UD4H?
    We have already been set aside in favor of the Z87 platform?
    If so, Gigabyte in my opinion would have made ​​a serious mistake and lose a lot of customers with this behavior.

I salute you and thanks a lot for all that you do for us.

Have a nice day.

KK

Dear all!
    A small update on my problem. I have noticed that the PC is not powering on when put to Sleep by Windows 7, so I went ahead and installed the F19h. It was on this BIOS, that I have found a specific pattern when the PC can be powered on by the Keyboard 98, but most likely it's true for the previous versions as well - I have to look and see if it's true. In case the PC is put into a Hibernate, either XP or 7 64 bit, the power button on the Keyboard won't react. Neither will it react if the PC is put into the Sleep mode or forcefully powered off by holding the power button for 6 seconds. It WILL react in case of a successful Shut Down in XP and 7 64 bit. This seemed like a bad compromise for me, cause I usually Hibernate my Windows XP OS and it's my main OS to use for everything except for games. Thus I have installed the F19i in hope that something is done differently there. Only this time I have enabled a Fast Boot option in the BIOS. I have not checked yet whether this exact option influences the power on by keyboard after the Hibarnate or not, but I was able to successfully power on my PC after the Hibernation in both XP and 7 64 bit. The Sleep mode still doesn't react to the keyboard's power button. I will check today whether the Fast boot in F19g and F19h do the same trick or not. To sum it up, I believe this to be a very annoying feature of this motherboard or the new Intel chip-set system logic. Hopefully this will be examined in detail so that an end user won't have to struggle to make a tiny feature like "power on by keyboard" work. I'll be very eager to see this fixed in the final F19 BIOS or at least explained to in detail why this is no longer possible to have this feature work in all the places where the P35 chip-set had it working. Thanks again for your feedback!
    Last edited by Nu_NRG; 07-19-2013 at 03:20 PM.

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

Quote Originally Posted by killkernel View Post
    Hello Stasio!,
    were you able to hear the engineers who develop the BIOS microcode and know what will happen to the future releases of new BIOSes for motherboards UP5-UP4 TH, UD5H and UD4H?
    If so, Gigabyte in my opinion would have made ​​a serious mistake and lose a lot of customers with this behavior.

Have a nice day.

KK
    It's already requested from GB HQ (R&D).....hope will be out soon....
    Thanks for your kind words.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Sorry to report that I installed f6 on udh3 and I still got a bsod after 4-5 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    It's already requested from GB HQ (R&D).....hope will be out soon....
    Thanks for your kind words.
    I have the Z77-UD4H and also Z77-HD4 boards, and I hope that the plethora of beta bios versions will be soon be compiled into a stable release version, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by killkernel View Post
    Hello Stasio!,

Have a nice day.

KK
    I think they dropped 1155/2011 users long ago, here is some info I got from their website. I wouldnt hold your breath for a non-beta bios any time soon.

Attachment 6032

Hello all!
    Unfortunatelly the ONLY BIOS that allows my PC to be powered on by keyboard's power button is F19i, which apprerently is very unstable. Fast boot option in F19h and F19g didn't do the trick, which means that pre-F19i BIOS versions don't allow, at least to my knowledge, to do what I wish for. I have no desire to sit on a raw and gliched F19i... I truly hope that at least someone from the Gigabyte support is reading my messages and my requests will be fulfilled, otherwise it will make me a sad Gigabyte motherboard fan, which I was up till now. Cheers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nagle3092 View Post
    I think they dropped 1155/2011 users long ago, here is some info I got from their website. I wouldnt hold your breath for a non-beta bios any time soon.

Attachment 6032
    Hello and thank you for the information you've summarized, but this is not relevant to what I pointed out because if you look at the beta BIOS released over time you will notice that there has been development activities for the Z77 platform.
    This activity has been suspended during the preparation of the Z87 platform, then just slightly revived when Haswell come out officially.
    I asked Stasio to verify if that phase of "recovery" can go ahead and refine the beta activity, consolidating it in a final and official release of a stable micro-code.

Have a nice day,

KK

Thread Information