Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 778 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 278678728768776777778779780788828878 ... LastLast
Results 7,771 to 7,780 of 10847

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    ^Thanks guys.

As I promise (to ask)......here is latest Beta BIOS F5d ,for your board GA-78LMT-USB3 Rev 4.1.

GA-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 4.1) - F5d

I have no other info what is new/changed,but is released 26.April 2013.
    Hope will help.....
    F5d bios installed and tested. At last it gives us the switchable APM option in bios!! The only trouble is it also turns the FX turbo feature off, you cant have both. At least it's a step in the right direction, and allows us to overclock in bios without throttling or having to use the AMD overdrive software. It's also a bonus to know that Gigabyte are working on this annoying problem with this motherboard.
    Thank you very much stasio for your help, it was very kind of you to get this for me. I really do appreciate it ;)

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

At least some improvement from F4,right?
    I am not expert for AMD,so I cann't comment on it.
    Glad that is step forward.......
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

OK so I made a new thread detailing my specific issue. But I'm still wondering what the difference between f6 and f7a is.

Thanka

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    At least some improvement from F4,right?
    I am not expert for AMD,so I cann't comment on it.
    Glad that is step forward.......
    Yes defo an improvement in the right direction. Still not fixed properly, but as it stands, if users dont like the idea of boost being turned off, then they can choose to run the bios just like version F4. Knowing the amount of people that are having this throttling problem, it surprises me Gigabyte haven't released this in beta format. Ah well, I have it now thanks to your help, and I can offer it if anyone else needs. This also stops me from returning the board, so thanks again stasio.

Teddybehr is offline Member

Hi All,
    After some playing its time to report.
    There is some interesting phenomena happening with ga-z77x-ud3h (rev 1.0) 20a BIOS. It is not irritating nor bothering ...just...interesting.

note: CCMOS= Unplug computer and Clear CMOS

1- First I noticed that in boot order priorities in BIOS there was no more "Windows Boot Manager" (I am dual booting with Windows 7 in UEFI mod both) no matter what OS setting mode in BIOS. I took some breath and I thought that the UEFI boot loader was no more and I was loading in legacy. I CCMOS...no luck

I rebuilt the BCD on the UEFI hidden partition, refreshed Win 8, CCMOS...still no love for the "Windows Boot Manager" (only UEFI:HDD was displaying). I knew though I was still in UEFI mode (after running some confirmation tools). So I CCMOS, then I reverted back to f18h bios...boom...Hello "Windows Boot Manager"

I flashed back the 20a bios, CCMOS, ...bye bye 'Windows Boot Manager" but I know I am still booting with it (confirmed by editing the BCD also).

2- Second, I was having trouble accessing the BIOS setting at the bottom of BIOS pages e.g. "safe boot". Then, none related, I was playing with BIOS OS mode to test Win 7 behavior. I changed "Windows 8" mode to "Windows 8 WHQL" ...trouble with settings at the bottom of BIOS pages ...no more.
    Reverted back to "Windows 8" (no CCMOS) ... still good to go since then.

3- USB keyboard bug ...no more...gone.

Hope it helps somebody.

Cheers

Bongkie is offline Member

^ Is that the Beta Bios or the Modded Bios F20a?

Just a quick feedback for Beta Bios F20a.

GA-Z77-D3H (Rev. 1.1) F20a beta bios (not the modded F20a).

No more random bsod
    No more system heat problem
    No more AMD shut down problem

Everything is running smooth

Teddybehr is offline Member

^ It is the beta BIOS F20a original AND a F20a BIOS than I modded myself ONLY with the microcode 19 (IB). (I still like the Intel 11.6 satadriver for AHCI use that there is in that BIOS).

It is the 20a for the Z77X-UD3H not for the 77-d3h (They may be different ...or not ..but anyway its not the exact same board behavior I guess).
    Thanks for your feedback. It helps Stasio to help Gigabyte to help US

Default Z87X-UD4H F6 issues

Hi all,

Just updated my GA-Z87X-UD4H to the official F6 BIOS from the Gigabyte page. Was previously running the beta F6h. CPU is a Haswell 4770k. Noticed two issues:

1. Is it just me, or has the option to disable the integrated Intel graphics mysteriously vanished?! Previously one of the first things I did was go in and disable the onboard graphics and the onboard sound (under 'Peripherals'), since I have both a discrete graphics card and a discrete sound card. The option to disable the integrated sound is still there but the integrated graphics switch seems to be ... gone. I'm noticing higher reported CPU temps too which may be due to the graphics core on the CPU now being activated (whereas it was previously disabled)?

2. My reported fan speeds, previously correct under F5, F6f beta and F6h beta are wrong under F6. The reported figures for CPU, CPU OPT, and all three case fans are around 4x or 5x higher than the actual values (e.g. a 900 rpm fan is being reported as ~4000rpm). The fans themselves are all non-PWM and I run them at their default speeds (and looking at them/listening to them, they are still running at their 'normal' speeds).

irfs is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Z87X-UD4H F6 issues

Quote Originally Posted by Cimexus View Post
    Hi all,

Just updated my GA-Z87X-UD4H to the official F6 BIOS from the Gigabyte page. Was previously running the beta F6h. CPU is a Haswell 4770k. Noticed two issues:

1. Is it just me, or has the option to disable the integrated Intel graphics mysteriously vanished?! Previously one of the first things I did was go in and disable the onboard graphics and the onboard sound (under 'Peripherals'), since I have both a discrete graphics card and a discrete sound card. The option to disable the integrated sound is still there but the integrated graphics switch seems to be ... gone. I'm noticing higher reported CPU temps too which may be due to the graphics core on the CPU now being activated (whereas it was previously disabled)?

2. My reported fan speeds, previously correct under F5, F6f beta and F6h beta are wrong under F6. The reported figures for CPU, CPU OPT, and all three case fans are around 4x or 5x higher than the actual values (e.g. a 900 rpm fan is being reported as ~4000rpm). The fans themselves are all non-PWM and I run them at their default speeds (and looking at them/listening to them, they are still running at their 'normal' speeds).
    After flashing new bios did you go straight into bios and load defaults then save and exit. Usually reboots and pc switches itself off for few secs then turns on again. Its also good to keep both main and backup bios the same version.
    Corsair Carbide 400R
    Corsair AX-750W
    Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH F12j
    i7 2600K@4.8GHz
    Antec 620 Kuhler
    16GB Gskill 2133 10 11 10 28 1N
    Gigabyte 680 GTX OC3W
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
    Seagate Barracuda 3TB ST3000DM001
    Samsung HD204UI Spinpoint F4 2TB

Default Re: Z87X-UD4H F6 issues

Quote Originally Posted by irfs View Post
    After flashing new bios did you go straight into bios and load defaults then save and exit. Usually reboots and pc switches itself off for few secs then turns on again. Its also good to keep both main and backup bios the same version.
    I have to admit I didn't - assumed that flashing the BIOS would restore to defaults automatically since it wipes out all your settings...I'll try flashing again and this time make sure I load optimized defaults straight away. The mystery has deepened a bit actually because I have just discovered that not only do I not have the option to disable my integrated graphics, but the integrated graphics no longer work. After setting the "Initial Display Output" to IGFX instead of PCIe 1, I get no signal whatsoever from the integrated graphics. I know it works because it was working earlier today using BIOS F6h. So perhaps I have just done something wrong and a reflash will help.

UPDATE: Yeah OK, never mind. I reflashed F6 again and loaded optimized defaults on the first boot and voila, the integrated graphics options are back. That is really weird! Fan speeds look right as well. Thanks for helping me out. Feel a bit embarrassed as my problems seem to have been solved so simply.

BTW I thought when you used QFlash to update the BIOS, it would update both the main and the backup BIOS? (And thus they would always be the same version). Is there something special I have to do to flash the backup BIOS or are both BIOSes flashed together?
    Last edited by Cimexus; 07-30-2013 at 12:08 PM.

Thread Information