Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 789 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 289689739779787788789790791799839889 ... LastLast
Results 7,881 to 7,890 of 10866

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by harney View Post
    -----------------------------------

Well if dpc is showing spikes at over 1000 2200 then this will cause audio clicks pops or worse case distortion.....Mine dpc keeps around 60/190 and odd highs up to 350 which is normal ...before with old bios and wrong settings and wrong drivers i was getting spikes over 2000 and getting pops and glitches ect...

So my advice is make sure you have the correct up to date bios make sure all drivers are up to date across the board and do not have any external devices plugged in until you get you dpc down...sometimes a service can cause issues too...

I know we have different gigabyte board but you are having problems which i did have.......

Also important if you can test for me this use the xmp for the memory in your bios then run cpuz and run aida or other cpu usage prog and tell me what your cpu voltage is at full tilt i am intrigued if you get the same high volts in the cpu that i had when i set my hyperx to xmp.....

I now run my 4770k at 4.3 with manual volts at 1.145 24/7 and set my mem manual at 10 10 10 27 @900 (1800)

What memory is it you have (modal) wonder if its the same as mine

ta h
    in what usb sockets do you put yourkeyboard and mouse my keyboard has 2 usb's cause it uses power

also on a note my friend has the same machine as me but the G1 sniper m5 and he has the same issue with latency

i see cpu-z has a driver checker i tried it downloaded it and says 7 bad drivers across the board and 2 out of date odd :( cause i updated everything trough gigabyte's app thing

just noticed on there site a pre install windows driver to use when installing windows i never used this could this also be why my system is being crap

*******edit

ook used cpu z and aida stress stability test i came to 1,161

i wanted to note also that the bios is set like i flashed it only things i changed atm is turn onboard audio + audio light of and turned off internal GPU rest is all default are there things i should set
    Last edited by Havolice; 08-06-2013 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havolice View Post
    in what usb sockets do you put yourkeyboard and mouse my keyboard has 2 usb's cause it uses power

also on a note my friend has the same machine as me but the G1 sniper m5 and he has the same issue with latency

i see cpu-z has a driver checker i tried it downloaded it and says 7 bad drivers across the board and 2 out of date odd :( cause i updated everything trough gigabyte's app thing

just noticed on there site a pre install windows driver to use when installing windows i never used this could this also be why my system is being crap
    ------

You will get the odd spike now again if your using the system but i would run dpc program and do nothing and see what it comes up with if its spiking all the time then there is an issue ...so unplug any external devices basically go bare minimum then disable any memory resident programs that are running too disable your net then disable your anti virus and any other programs too this way you can find out if any mem resident is causing the problem rather than hardware i would also take any other cards you have installed in your system sound card ect and then try dpc it all about trial n error process of elimination...

But before you do any of the above make sure you are running a stock so you know overclocking is not causing your problem too....

WHat volts did you get in cpuz at full tilt on the cpu with your memory set at xmp

So you get 1.161 at full tilt with xmp enabled mine go's crazy and get over 1.3 volt with xmp enabled so i have to go manual i was also advised by kingston to set the memory manually ...

What modal hyperx is you have

ta h
    Last edited by harney; 08-06-2013 at 10:59 PM.

------

You will get the odd spike now again if your using the system but i would run dpc program and do nothing and see what it comes up with if its spiking all the time then there is an issue ...so unplug any external devices basically go bare minimum then disable any memory resident programs that are running too disable your net then disable your anti virus and any other programs too this way you can find out if any mem resident is causing the problem rather than hardware i would also take any other cards you have installed in your system sound card ect and then try dpc it all about trial n error process of elimination...

But before you do any of the above make sure you are running a stock so you know overclocking is not causing your problem too....

WHat volts did you get in cpuz at full tilt on the cpu with your memory set at xmp

So you get 1.161 at full tilt with xmp enabled mine go's crazy and get over 1.3 volt with xmp enabled so i have to go manual...

What modal hyperx is you have

ta h
    no with xmp disabled

i use Kingston HyperX 16 GB DDR3-2133 Kit

(KHX21C11T2K2/16X, Predator, XMP, Retail)

sorry straight copy paste from store its site

no with xmp disabled

i use Kingston HyperX 16 GB DDR3-2133 Kit

(KHX21C11T2K2/16X, Predator, XMP, Retail)

sorry straight copy paste from store its site
    ---------------

np

so if you turn on xmp and run test again what volts do you get you should be fine with xmp has there designed for that... mine are not so i do mine manual ......
    so try this set XMP Profile 2: which is D3-1600 CL9-9-9 @1.5V and see what the dpc says ......

ta h

Quote Originally Posted by virtualfred View Post
    Sorry if this has already been said, have you updated the USB3 drivers as requested by Gigabyte ?
    Yeah i have tried the USB3 drivers already but didnt help, the other 4 USB3 ports on the I/O panel work as they should its just the 2 up near the PS/2 ports that dont seem to be working in USB3 mode. All 6 ports are supposed to be USB3, if this is not the case Gigabyte need to stop adverting the Z87X-UD5H as having 6 USB3 ports, heck there even blue in colour as well to state that there USB3
    | GIGABYTE Z87X-UD5H | INTEL i7-4770K @ 4.7Ghz |
    | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1600MHz | MSI HD7950 3GB XFIRE |
    | 64GB SAMSUNG 830 SSD | 256GB CRUCIAL M4 SSD | WD 3TB GREEN |
    | CORSAIR 650D CASE | YAMAKASI CATLEAP Q270 LED |.

---------------

np

so if you turn on xmp and run test again what volts do you get you should be fine with xmp has there designed for that... mine are not so i do mine manual ......
    so try this set XMP Profile 2: which is D3-1600 CL9-9-9 @1.5V and see what the dpc says ......

ta h

ook xmp enabled i got it to 1,237

BUT i did see something od as i seen cpu-z sayd my cpu went up to 3,7 ghz on disbaled and 3,9ghz enabled i also seen this in my bios that its at 3,7 ghz but i didnt over clock it i just flashed my bios so i wonder how to set it stock as everything is set on auto and the overclock bs wont shut down

ook xmp enabled i got it to 1,237

BUT i did see something od as i seen cpu-z sayd my cpu went up to 3,7 ghz on disbaled and 3,9ghz enabled i also seen this in my bios that its at 3,7 ghz but i didnt over clock it i just flashed my bios so i wonder how to set it stock as everything is set on auto and the overclock bs wont shut down
    that's normal intel turbo upto 3.9 ....

so i would test dpc with xmp 2 and the other xmp for 2100mhz

see what results you get in dpc .....

Also worth a try is set to high performance in power management and test dpc again and listen to music ..

So what exact noise's are you getting is it whole distortion or pops n clicks

that's normal intel turbo upto 3.9 ....

so i would test dpc with xmp 2 and the other xmp for 2100mhz

see what results you get in dpc .....

Also worth a try is set to high performance in power management and test dpc again and listen to music ..

So what exact noise's are you getting is it whole distortion or pops n clicks

did al that all stayed the same in a 1k margin

i somehow think there something realy wrong with the sniper 5 and m5 :< cause i got 4 friends who have them and they all got the same crap

did al that all stayed the same in a 1k margin

i somehow think there something realy wrong with the sniper 5 and m5 :< cause i got 4 friends who have them and they all got the same crap
    --------------------------

IF that's the case it does sound like a big problem if 5 of u's are having the same problem ..i know it don't help but sounds gigabyte or creative need to update the drivers quick if this is the case......

So your options are wait for drivers to be updates which will be when???? or send back and get another make board ......

This is worth a try do you have a pcie sound card to try if you do disable the onboard sb and try that card if it works ok you know its defiantly the onboard sound if problem persists its sumit else in the system

Is it pops n clicks you are getting or just overall distortion ...reason i ask is it could be the on board amp it says it has that's causing the problem but this would be just distortion meaning the output is too high to your headphones or speakers .....

--------------------------

IF that's the case it does sound like a big problem if 5 of u's are having the same problem ..i know it don't help but sounds gigabyte or creative need to update the drivers quick if this is the case......

So your options are wait for drivers to be updates which will be when???? or send back and get another make board ......

This is worth a try do you have a pcie sound card to try if you do disable the onboard sb and try that card if it works ok you know its defiantly the onboard sound if problem persists its sumit else in the system

Is it pops n clicks you are getting or just overall distortion ...reason i ask is it could be the on board amp it says it has that's causing the problem but this would be just distortion meaning the output is too high to your headphones or speakers .....

pops and crackling and very sporadic and im not using onboard im using a standalone ZxR

but after bios update f7 the poping and cracking is gone to almost totaly gone it happens when dpc starts peaking

also to note i just tried something from a forum trace the dpc latency wich drivers are using it How to Diagnose and Fix High DPC Latency Issues with WPA (Windows Vista/7/8) - Sysnative Forums is the link

i came up to 2 drivers nvlddmkm.sys having 63.996 324 ms and wdf01000.sys having 17.584 395 ms

so i gues these are the thorns in my mobo's side

Thread Information