Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 816 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 316716766806814815816817818826866916 ... LastLast
Results 8,151 to 8,160 of 10848

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS




  1. #8151
    CharliesTheMan is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    74

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    Atm,
    all BIOS's X79-UP4 and UD3,removed from GB web page.

    So,please use latest BIOS which is working for you.
    F3u is the best functioning BIOS so far in my opinion, but F4g and F4 are both working good so far, need more time on F4 because Mac said in the modified BIOS thread he had some bugs come back that weren't in F3g.

    I can confirm the new Q-Flash in F4g is working perfectly as it should, I used it for F4. The only problem I've had so far with F4g and F4 is that Turbo Boost isn't kicking in, whatever I set my non turbo ratio too is the max frequency for my CPU to work and this is with C1e and EIST power savings features enabled, C3 and C6/7 are disabled, Windows is in balanced Power profile.

    The new BIOS is definitely a big step forward, I've got lower temps with higher overclocks and better stability even with the bugs.

    Also on X79UP4 spread spectrum is on auto, for my chip it's always recommended that it be disabled, could we have the ability to disable that setting?

  2. #8152
    stasio's Avatar
    stasio is offline GIGABYTE Elite
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    My
    Posts
    5,688

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by ViRuS2k View Post
    Been messing with the X04 bios, and its not as good as X02 for a start 100x45x43uncore results in bios and windows reading 4.489ghz and 99.77fsb WTF sucks lol cant even get the readings correct, x02 was perfect in that regard well for me it was.---------------------------------Also worth noting people, my x02 bios saved settings copyed to my pendrive wont not boot x04 up only x02 would boot up are gigabyte taking a step backwards with stability lol, what a right pain it was trying to remember my memory timings and voltage settings arghhhh
    Set "CPU Base Clock" to Manual......will give you BCLK 100......Spread Spectrum is new feature.
    Btw,agree with you.....not so good as X02.....fix is coming soon.

    Last edited by stasio; 09-05-2013 at 10:49 PM.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

  3. #8153
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    Why you need Secure Boot..?......probably is bug in BIOS or need other setting to be applied.
    I didn't use,so I don't know.
    Next time don't jump and RMA board..........
    In Windows 8.1, you really need Secure Boot to be working. There is an annoying watermark on the desktop if you boot in UEFI mode and Secure Boot is not enabled and in User mode.

    Secure Boot being bugged, I've also seen the same in the latest Z77X-D3H beta BIOS versions. Z77X-D3H F18 BIOS are broken, while F17 worked fine.

    The bug is the same as what this guy mentions from his GA-X79-UD3. The BIOS will completely break if you load the Secure Boot default keys. The board will not boot anymore.

    If you want to test Secure Boot yourself and don't know how it works:

    1) Windows 8 or 8.1 installation had to be done in UEFI boot mode. The drive has to be GPT.
    2) You go into the BIOS and enable Secure Boot. It will show it's in "Setup" mode. You then set it to custom mode, go into the sub-menu for the keys, load default keys, go back up. It will now show it's in "User" mode. The boot loader is now locked and can't be changed.
    3) Boot into Windows, open PowerShell as Admin. Run "Confirm-SecureBootUEFI" and it will answer "True" if Secure Boot is working. That's what's needed for the watermark to be gone in Windows 8.1.

    Whenever you want to change anything about the boot loader on the boot disk, you need to go back to Secure Boot "Setup" mode. You do this by going into the BIOS screen where you set the default keys. If you delete the keys, it will go back from User to Setup mode. You have to do this if you for example want to install Windows or restore a system image.

  4. #8154
    daxgr is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by Ropid View Post
    In Windows 8.1, you really need Secure Boot to be working. There is an annoying watermark on the desktop if you boot in UEFI mode and Secure Boot is not enabled and in User mode.

    Secure Boot being bugged, I've also seen the same in the latest Z77X-D3H beta BIOS versions. Z77X-D3H F18 BIOS are broken, while F17 worked fine.

    The bug is the same as what this guy mentions from his GA-X79-UD3. The BIOS will completely break if you load the Secure Boot default keys. The board will not boot anymore.

    If you want to test Secure Boot yourself and don't know how it works:

    1) Windows 8 or 8.1 installation had to be done in UEFI boot mode. The drive has to be GPT.
    2) You go into the BIOS and enable Secure Boot. It will show it's in "Setup" mode. You then set it to custom mode, go into the sub-menu for the keys, load default keys, go back up. It will now show it's in "User" mode. The boot loader is now locked and can't be changed.
    3) Boot into Windows, open PowerShell as Admin. Run "Confirm-SecureBootUEFI" and it will answer "True" if Secure Boot is working. That's what's needed for the watermark to be gone in Windows 8.1.

    Whenever you want to change anything about the boot loader on the boot disk, you need to go back to Secure Boot "Setup" mode. You do this by going into the BIOS screen where you set the default keys. If you delete the keys, it will go back from User to Setup mode. You have to do this if you for example want to install Windows or restore a system image.
    Yes that's what I did and upon restart I got bricked bios.

  5. #8155
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    France
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Hi Stasio,


    Can you fixe issue with nvram in Z77-DS3H F10i ?

    Regards
    Fred

  6. #8156
    stasio's Avatar
    stasio is offline GIGABYTE Elite
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    My
    Posts
    5,688

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by FredWst View Post
    Hi Stasio,


    Can you fixe issue with nvram in Z77-DS3H F10i ?

    Regards
    Fred
    Send request to GIGABYTE
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

  7. #8157
    ViRuS2k is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    126

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    You doing something wrong....my friend.
    Did you know how to kick up Backup BIOS........insted to RMA board....only?

    I suggest to use F7a ,till X04 fix small bugs.
    Btw,
    you should update your sig......

    Edit:
    BSOD 0x116 = Low IOH (NB) voltage, GPU issue (most common when running multi-GPU/overclocking GPU)

    Edit1:
    Hmmm,
    seems F7a has same bugs as X04.
    will update sig ;)
    bsod116 does not go away no matter how high of a voltage i set, what the recommended voltage to use on the core and io ? for crossfire 7950s
    though the bsod seems to happen as windows is loading i can tell its going to happen when my lights on my keyboard do not light up doing bootup ? strange ?

    and yeah x04 and f7a are borked i need you guys or gigabyte to optimize crossfire systems and pci express 3.0 to stop the 116bsods cause something is fishy with that....

  8. #8158
    ViRuS2k is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    126

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    More info on the secure boot for win8.
    its broken like people said but it does not just bork the bios firmware it also disables all ide drives and makes your igpu first boot always no matter what pci slot you select for first boot.

    had to reflash bios firmware to fix it so that it would be on standard, instead of user......

  9. #8159
    Ghostearth is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    France
    Posts
    102

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    @stasio

    Thanks for the f16d, the upgrade work for me on my UD3.

    I'have questions, i don't have 3D BIOS like in F14, Is it normal?, if not, should i revert back to f14?

    Thanks

    Ghostearth.

  10. #8160
    CharliesTheMan is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    74

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostearth View Post
    @stasio

    Thanks for the f16d, the upgrade work for me on my UD3.

    I'have questions, i don't have 3D BIOS like in F14, Is it normal?, if not, should i revert back to f14?

    Thanks

    Ghostearth.
    It's normal, it's supposed to be like that I believe, the UP4 is that way on purpose.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 195 users browsing this thread. (3 members and 192 guests)

  1. AudiTuner,
  2. Globespy,
  3. Mjollnir

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •