Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 818 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 318718768808816817818819820828868918 ... LastLast
Results 8,171 to 8,180 of 10866

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

daxgr is offline Junior Member

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    New BIOS:

GA-X79-UP4 - F4
    GA-X79-UD3 - F16

- Support IVB-E CPU
    - 05.Sep 13

(Note) Please update @BIOS to ver.2.33 and be sure to reflash this BIOS through @BIOS ver2.33.
    (Note) To Support IVB-E CPU, the Intel driver must be updated in advanced.
    Is the secure boot bug fixed?? for UD3
    Thanks.

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

Quote Originally Posted by daxgr View Post
    Is the secure boot bug fixed?? for UD3
    Thanks.
    How I know?
    I don't have any X79 board to check.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

daxgr is offline Junior Member

F16 killed motherboard, have to RMA. No power on at all.
    Just to clarify this happened after enabling Secure Boot and provisioning default keys.
    EDIT2: I let it with PSU switched off for 20 minutes. Then switch on again and it powered on. DUALBIOS kicked in on its own and now back at F11.
    Last edited by daxgr; 09-06-2013 at 03:40 PM. Reason: More Info

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

New BIOS:

G1.Sniper M5 - F8a
    GA-Z87X-UD5H - F8a
    GA-Z87X-UD4H - F8a
    GA-Z87-HD3 - F7a

- Improve system compatibility
    - 03/06.Sep 13
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

New BIOS:

GA-X79-UP4 - F4

- Support IVB-E CPU
    - 05.Sep 13

(Note) Please update @BIOS to ver.2.33 and be sure to reflash this BIOS through @BIOS ver2.33.
    (Note) To Support IVB-E CPU, the Intel driver must be updated in advanced.
    • The new F4 BIOS doesn't directly allow enabling Turbo Boost or adjusting the CPU timing for Turbo Boost through the settings. They are ignored. It is only enabled when all of the settings are set to Auto and only to the default speed.

• It sometimes power cycles after a noticeably long pause when making changes, saving, and exiting.

• The mouse is still highlighting whatever it's over after a certain amount of time or when switching tabs. It still interferes with the use of the arrow keys, unless you move the cursor to the edge of the screen.

• The mouse's cursor doesn't move at the DPI of the connected mouse. The BIOS cursor speed is at 800-1000 DPI.

• Upon boot or reboot, when entering the BIOS boot override by pressing F12, drives are randomly missing from the list of available drives to boot from. They are still listed normally in the boot preference/order screen.

• There is no explanation for the K OC setting and some of the other explanations are too long to fit in the box on the right.

• The time from power on to system beep has noticeably increased.

• The time from the Windows loading screen to the log in screen has also noticeably increased.

I've been testing the Auto Turbo Boost settings with Prime95 now for the last 40 minutes with no errors, so far. My overall system, within Windows, seems to perform slightly quicker, my memory is stable at the XMP rated 1.5V (F3u 1.54V), and my drives seem to be responding a tad bit quicker. If Prime95 stays error free for a few hours or so, then this BIOS will be a keeper.

It's still not stable. I rebooted to flash the main BIOS to the backup BIOS (ALT + F10). Once finished, it rebooted and displayed the Boot Failure screen, down clocked Auto Turbo Boost to 3.5Ghz, and the memory to 1333MHz. I had to reload the Optimized Defaults, restart, plug in all of my settings, restart, select boot from UEFI: Hard Drive, restart, save the settings to a profile, restart, and then I could finally get back in to Windows.

I rebooted to change a few settings in the BIOS and upon logging in to Windows, my OS locked up and wouldn't respond. Once it did respond, a box popped up stating CTRL+ALT+DEL would not start the task manager. If the problem persists, manually power down or something close to that. I hard restarted and CHKDSK started automatically running to check my RAID 0 array (OS drive) for the very first time ever. After the scan and reboot, from finding corrupt files and needing to repair them, I decided to start in the safe mode and run SFC /SCANNOW. There were also system files found to be corrupt and needed to restart to finish the repairs. I've randomly ran SFC just out of curiosity in the past with a clean bill of health each time, until today.

I ended up having to reinstall my OS...

I'm back to using F3u Mod w/GbE15.
    Last edited by MacG32; 09-24-2013 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Last Update

GA-Z87-HD3 - F7a

- No K-CPU Overclocking witch Multi (i7-4770k - max 35)
    - Overclocking via Turbo max 40
    - PCIE 3.0 Instability witch Asus GTX 770 still exists (no Problem with F4 or my older Z77-Configuration)
    Last edited by Pastrana; 09-07-2013 at 06:50 PM.

Hi,

Unfortunately the Z77-D3H also suffers from the "Secure Boot" bug. I have tried several versions of the bios including the latest beta F21. Installing the default keys results in a corrupt bios. As this is, fortunately, a dual bios board it is possible to recover from the backup so is not totally bricked!

Are any of the versions of the bios without this bug? I would try them all but recovering from the backup isn't that easy with this board.

Without installing the keys Windows 8.1 will show the watermark "Secure boot isn't properly configured".

The watermark problem can, of course, be avoided by installing in "BIOS" rather than "UEFi" mode but this will obviously not give the increased security and will add a couple of seconds to the boot time.

I assume Gigabyte will fix this by the time Windows 8.1 is officially launched.
    Last edited by scotchwhisky; 09-07-2013 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scotchwhisky View Post
    Hi,

Unfortunately the Z77-D3H also suffers from the "Secure Boot" bug. I have tried several versions of the bios including the latest beta F21. Installing the default keys results in a corrupt bios. As this is, fortunately, a dual bios board it is possible to recover from the backup so is not totally bricked!

Are any of the versions of the bios without this bug? I would try them all but recovering from the backup isn't that easy with this board.

Without installing the keys Windows 8.1 will show the watermark "Secure boot isn't properly configured".

The watermark problem can, of course, be avoided by installing in "BIOS" rather than "UEFi" mode but this will obviously not give the increased security and will add a couple of seconds to the boot time.

I assume Gigabyte will fix this by the time Windows 8.1 is officially launched.
    Try one of the F19 line. One of those is also on the Gigabyte website on the page for your board.

On my Z77X-D3H, the latest line of betas have the same Secure Boot bug, but the latest beta on Gigabyte's page does work, and all other betas with the same number also work.

Vallachia is offline Junior Member

FTP,FTK.........all got here (post #2/AMI BIOS Tool):
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ity-tools.html

Try also older Efiflash.......or kickup Backup BIOS as suggested above.

Edit:
    Command for FTP (Windows or DOS).....FPT -F ..\%BIOS_BIN%

Just a quick note for anyone considering using FPT to flash an earlier BIOS:
    If you simply flash the earlier BIOS using the command 'FPT -F BIOS_BIN' then it will overwrite your mobo's MAC with default MAC of 88:88:88:88:87:88.
    That MAC will get you kicked off many networks and some routers won't accept it either.

For anyone that has messed up their MAC, you can follow the procedure here to restore it:
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...55-1150-a.html

The original MAC of your mobo is printed on a sticker. You will find the sticker somewhere on your mobo, often on top of the Ethernet jack.
    Last edited by Vallachia; 09-08-2013 at 11:38 AM.

Vallachia is offline Junior Member

GA-X79-UD3 - F16

1. Turbo multiplier overclocking not working. Changing non-k overclock setting does not help.
    2. tWCL set incorrectly when XMP is enabled. (G-Skill F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL)
    3. tRFC and tREF set incorrectly with XMP disabled or enabled. (G-Skill F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL)
    4. CPU VCore randomly changing to lower/higher value when any changes are made to turbo multipliers. Sometimes VCore will drop to 1.20 or 1.22 volts when turbo is increased. VCore should be increasing instead of decreasing when turbo multiplier is increased.
    Last edited by Vallachia; 09-08-2013 at 01:51 PM.

Thread Information