Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 819 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 319719769809817818819820821829869919 ... LastLast
Results 8,181 to 8,190 of 10847

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by Ropid View Post
    Try one of the F19 line. One of those is also on the Gigabyte website on the page for your board.

On my Z77X-D3H, the latest line of betas have the same Secure Boot bug, but the latest beta on Gigabyte's page does work, and all other betas with the same number also work.
    I've just tried F19 beta again. Still crashing the bios I'm afraid.

Thanks anyway.

boe323 is offline Member

This is for the G1.assassin2 owners, our killer nics literally break the network stack, you cant use teredo and you cant use homegroup, ive come up with a way to run the killer nic as a normal standard network card, and it actually works better, ping doesn't change because your ping as nothing to do with the card no matter what bigfoot tells you, it maybe knocks a few ms of latency off as it bypasses the stack that's it, nothing noticeable. So, you have the killer software installed, run this command, cd \Program Files\Bigfoot Networks\Killer Network Manager killertool -lsp-unmap ,
    disable the bigfoot service, reboot. now you have a fully working network stack, you can use ipv6 again and homgroup, don't forget to stop the manager from starting up at logon, you wont be using it. I posted this hear because no matter what bios you use, it always the same, the killer nic is the worst nic ever designed, I suspect the newer ones still break the network stack, I recon that's why they designed a way to get round the stack in the first place lol. IT DOES NOT LOWER YOUR PING! , only way to lower your ping is to have fastpath turned on, to do that contact your isp. I didn't buy my mobo for this card, I wanted the sound.
    Last edited by boe323; 09-08-2013 at 03:57 PM.
    A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

tony_jay is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by daxgr View Post
    F16 killed motherboard, have to RMA. No power on at all.
    Just to clarify this happened after enabling Secure Boot and provisioning default keys.
    EDIT2: I let it with PSU switched off for 20 minutes. Then switch on again and it powered on. DUALBIOS kicked in on its own and now back at F11.
    I have similar situation using F20b on GAz77xUD3H. Now, it is using F19f after switch to back up bios.

Is it a problem related to provisioning default keys for Secure Boot? Please any advice.

Quote Originally Posted by boe323 View Post
    This is for the G1.assassin2 owners, our killer nics literally break the network stack, you cant use teredo and you cant use homegroup, ive come up with a way to run the killer nic as a normal standard network card, and it actually works better, ping doesn't change because your ping as nothing to do with the card no matter what bigfoot tells you, it maybe knocks a few ms of latency off as it bypasses the stack that's it, nothing noticeable. So, you have the killer software installed, run this command, cd \Program Files\Bigfoot Networks\Killer Network Manager killertool -lsp-unmap ,
    disable the bigfoot service, reboot. now you have a fully working network stack, you can use ipv6 again and homgroup, don't forget to stop the manager from starting up at logon, you wont be using it. I posted this hear because no matter what bios you use, it always the same, the killer nic is the worst nic ever designed, I suspect the newer ones still break the network stack, I recon that's why they designed a way to get round the stack in the first place lol. IT DOES NOT LOWER YOUR PING! , only way to lower your ping is to have fastpath turned on, to do that contact your isp. I didn't buy my mobo for this card, I wanted the sound.

Care to expand on this ?

Nu_NRG is offline Junior Member

Dear all!
    I have noticed a strange feature of either the BIOS or the motherboard: GA-Z77-D3H rev 1.1, F21, F21 modded bios. About 50% of power on instances result in the machine not showing the F21/F21 modded boot screen, the machine then turns off and restarts, showing the F19 boot screen and then the blue UEFI dual bios screen. After that, the PC restarts once again without any screens, then it powers off again. Finally, it starts with the F21/F21 modded boot screen and does the normal boot with all or most of the custom setting that were input into the bios in place. I doubt the complete settings set, due to the fact, that the blue screen is displayed after the Windows XP tries to resume from the Hibernate option.
    I will try to check, whether this bug is present in the F19 BIOS. Some other observations: the F21 requires higher VCore for a stable overclock (1.35 V vs. 1.33 V in F19). A "funny" bug where letter "i" is at times being entered into the value fields without any keys being pressed by me (maybe I have a haunted keyboard)... And finally, the F21 and F21 modded have a Keyboard 98 option working after a successful power off and hibernate. The sleep mode and forced power off by holding the PC case power button for 6 seconds or automatic power off after the BSOD make the Keyboard 98 button invisible to the MB uneetil a successful power off or hibernate sequence.
    I must point out that this is a second sample of this specific motherboard. The 1st specimen has died with the UEFI dual bios screen showing and no chances of getting into the settings view.
    I believe, that the constant BIOS restoration sequences will surely brick the BIOS eventually, after the flash memory lifespan is reached. Besides that the 4 power on cycles instead of one won't do good to my HDDs, which also have a limited number of on/off cycles. Thus, I really hope that a good solution is found to this. Hope to hear from you all soon and to see this fixed in the next BIOS revisions.

One more thing about the GUI MFC of the EasyTune6 build 2012.11.21. It crashes very often due to the Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library crash. It does so in both Windows Xp 32 bit and Windows 7 64 bit OS. I have read on one forum that this is happening on other user PCs. I do hope that a new build will be released of this software which won't have the sudden crashes. Here is the app signature:
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: GUI.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.1
    Application Timestamp: 4f0fc8d2
    Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18015
    Fault Module Timestamp: 50b83c8a
    Exception Code: 80000003
    Exception Offset: 00013219
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1058
    Additional Information 1: 04a8
    Additional Information 2: 04a858846cc2ec47f668d2e57a16e9f0
    Additional Information 3: c62e
    Additional Information 4: c62eb6f8b66db0130f7afaff64f4ecae

CharliesTheMan is offline Junior Member

I would disable and uninstall easy tune 6, and then reflash your BIOS and set your settings in BIOS not in easy tune.

You're seeing the splash screen from the backup BIOS I believe, I also get that occasionally on a different machine, it's from poor overclock settings, when the machine doesn't boot or is unstable. You could update your backup BIOS but I wouldn't recommend touching it at all right now.

Setting your settings in BIOS and removing Easy Tune 6 should help quite a bit. That's most likely why you're having the boot problems.

Are you overclocking the cpu? What's your clock frequency, PLL and vcore set at? What about your RAM speed and voltage?

Thank you for your advice. I overclock from the BIOS only. EasyTune is used only for monitoring purposes and lowering the RPM of the CPU fan. My overclock is 100% prime 95 64 bit 27.9 24 hour stable. I don't recall getting the backup BIOS screens on my previous motherboard specimen, although I went straight to F21 on the replacement board. As for overclock settings...
    First of all, I'm overclocking an i5 2500K Sandy Bridge. I am disabling the Turbo Boost, as entering the value of 44 into the Turbo Boost fields results in 3.3 GHz when doing a stress test and raising the power consumption limit to 200 W and Current to 200 A doesn't change a thing. Thus I am doing a straight multiplier overclock, and have my frequency jumping from 1600 MHz to 4400 MHz directly.
    The settings in the 3D Power Control are the following:
    -PWM Phase Control: Balanced
    -Vcore Voltage Response: Standard
    -Vcore Loadline Calibration: Normal
    -GFX Voltage Loadline Calibration: Normal
    -Vcore Protection (250.0 mV): Normal
    -Vcore Current Protection: Normal
    -GFX Current Protection: Normal
    -Vcore PWM Thermal Protection (130.0 C): Normal
    CPU Core Voltage Control:
    -CPU Vcore (1.250 V): Normal
    -Dynamic Vcore (DVID): +0.010 V
    -Dynamic GFX Core (VAXG DVID): Normal
    -CPU Vtt (1.060 V): 1.080 V
    -CPU PLL (1.800 V): Normal
    -IMC (0.925 V): Normal
    DRAM Voltage Control: All on Auto (I use X.M.P. Profile 1 of my G-Skill 2133 MHz 11-11-11-30 1.6 V 2x4 GB set. Using profile 2 didn't change any timings, voltages or eliminate my bios screen cycling issue).
    My overclock is 4.4 GHz with Vcore reaching 1.332 or 1.344 on F19 and F21 correspondingly. Idle voltages are just under 1 V.
    My built in graphics engine is disabled due to having a 7850 discrete graphics adapter.
    I am kind of new to the Z77 and 2500K and there are no guides that would overclock 2500K on a GA-Z77-D3H. Once the system is on it would never fail or do any tricks when restarting. But leaving it powered down for some time would in 50% of the cases result in this flaw. Any other helpful settings or suggestions??? By the way, is the BIOS restoration sequence - is it just resetting some settings or rewriting part of the flash memory, which would lead to bios corruption in about 1000 cycles???
    Last edited by Nu_NRG; 09-09-2013 at 09:51 PM.

snout is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by boe323 View Post
    Hey Boe323,
    Ran the cmd but its not recognized. Used admin rights over cmd Prompt and power shell in windows 8.1.
    Any ideas ?
    G1.Assassin 2 (rev. 1.0) F13 MOD a Modified Bios by Boe23
    CPU Intel x3960
    Memory G.Skill RipJawsZ 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-14900C9
    Graphics Asus GTX 690 GOP Flashed.
    Hardrives x2 Samsung 128GB 840 PRO ssd (Raid 0 ) RST 13.1 Orom
    Optical Samsung SH-B123L/ BSBP 12x BluRay
    Case & Cooling Corsair 650D, Corsair H100 hydro
    Mouse & Keyboard R.A.T.7 Contagion , Steelseries 7G
    PSU Corsair Professional Series AX850 High Performance
    Sound X-FI Onboard (Pax Modded)
    Screen Benq XL2420T 24
    Windows 8.1 x64 UEFI Mode.

stasio is offline GIGABYTE Elite

Guys,
    for setting and other things...please fill to open new thread for discussions.
    Thanks.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower