Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 820 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 320720770810818819820821822830870920 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,200 of 10862

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by Nu_NRG View Post
    Thank you for your advice. I overclock from the BIOS only. EasyTune is used only for monitoring purposes and lowering the RPM of the CPU fan. My overclock is 100% prime 95 64 bit 27.9 24 hour stable. I don't recall getting the backup BIOS screens on my previous motherboard specimen, although I went straight to F21 on the replacement board. As for overclock settings...
    First of all, I'm overclocking an i5 2500K Sandy Bridge. I am disabling the Turbo Boost, as entering the value of 44 into the Turbo Boost fields results in 3.3 GHz when doing a stress test and raising the power consumption limit to 200 W and Current to 200 A doesn't change a thing. Thus I am doing a straight multiplier overclock, and have my frequency jumping from 1600 MHz to 4400 MHz directly.
    The settings in the 3D Power Control are the following:
    -PWM Phase Control: Balanced
    -Vcore Voltage Response: Standard
    -Vcore Loadline Calibration: Normal
    -GFX Voltage Loadline Calibration: Normal
    -Vcore Protection (250.0 mV): Normal
    -Vcore Current Protection: Normal
    -GFX Current Protection: Normal
    -Vcore PWM Thermal Protection (130.0 C): Normal
    CPU Core Voltage Control:
    -CPU Vcore (1.250 V): Normal
    -Dynamic Vcore (DVID): +0.010 V
    -Dynamic GFX Core (VAXG DVID): Normal
    -CPU Vtt (1.060 V): 1.080 V
    -CPU PLL (1.800 V): Normal
    -IMC (0.925 V): Normal
    DRAM Voltage Control: All on Auto (I use X.M.P. Profile 1 of my G-Skill 2133 MHz 11-11-11-30 1.6 V 2x4 GB set. Using profile 2 didn't change any timings, voltages or eliminate my bios screen cycling issue).
    My overclock is 4.4 GHz with Vcore reaching 1.332 or 1.344 on F19 and F21 correspondingly. Idle voltages are just under 1 V.
    My built in graphics engine is disabled due to having a 7850 discrete graphics adapter.
    I am kind of new to the Z77 and 2500K and there are no guides that would overclock 2500K on a GA-Z77-D3H. Once the system is on it would never fail or do any tricks when restarting. But leaving it powered down for some time would in 50% of the cases result in this flaw. Any other helpful settings or suggestions??? By the way, is the BIOS restoration sequence - is it just resetting some settings or rewriting part of the flash memory, which would lead to bios corruption in about 1000 cycles???
    I have the same board and it had been stable for months without any problems until I decided to flash F21. It seems to be very easy to corrupt this particular bios and as you say appears to require different voltage settings. I have now reverted to F19 beta and have had no further problems. F19 beta has problems with "secure boot" but can live with that.

BIOS restoration completely overwrites the BIOS with a backup stored version. In my case it was F15 and you, of course, lose all your settings. It is then necessary to flash the version of BIOS you want and re-enter all your settings. Once you have a stable system you can flash it to the backup. It will then remember all your settings if you need to restore at some future date. Only do this if you are 100% sure you have a 100% stable system and you are 100% sure you know what you are doing. If you overwrite the backup with a less than stable system you risk totally bricking the board.

Hi all!

I want to buy an X79-UP4 motherboard for my new i7 4930k CPU. I have the question: if I buy this board, and it comes with an older BIOS, that does not support IVY-E CPUs, can I update the BIOS without an SB-E CPU? In other words, will my mobo boot with an IVY-E processor, without problems (of course it is enough, if I can enter the BIOS/UEFI and do an update)? It's important, because I don't have an SB-E CPU right now..........

Thanks

SMxFX is offline Junior Member

@ffodi

For me the combination of 4930k and x79-UD7 doesn't work. No postscreen, no diag. The Mainboard switchs on for only 1-2 seconds then turns off and starts again. this is endless. I contacted Gigabyte Support, they told me i have to wait about two weeks till the new compatible bios will be released.

Hello stasio ! Could you tell me please if you know or have heard of a beta bios for the GA-78LMT-S2 rev. 1.0 (with switchable APM option in bios) ? only i find is for GA-78LMT-S2P and GA-78LMT-USB3.
    Appreciate any help. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SMxFX View Post
    @ffodi

For me the combination of 4930k and x79-UD7 doesn't work. No postscreen, no diag. The Mainboard switchs on for only 1-2 seconds then turns off and starts again. this is endless. I contacted Gigabyte Support, they told me i have to wait about two weeks till the new compatible bios will be released.
    Same happens to med with 4960X and the newest modded bios for Ud7. I need an official bios for Ivy-e. 3930k works with the same bios.

So now I have to use Asrock Fatality x79 pro in the mean time. Atleast that works.

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

Quote Originally Posted by ffodi View Post
    Hi all!

I want to buy an X79-UP4 motherboard for my new i7 4930k CPU. I have the question: if I buy this board, and it comes with an older BIOS, that does not support IVY-E CPUs, can I update the BIOS without an SB-E CPU? In other words, will my mobo boot with an IVY-E processor, without problems (of course it is enough, if I can enter the BIOS/UEFI and do an update)? It's important, because I don't have an SB-E CPU right now..........

Thanks
    I don't think so....only with SB-E CPU,you will be able to update BIOS....as older BIOS do not have IVB-E MicroCode.

Quote Originally Posted by walkajog33 View Post
    Hello stasio ! Could you tell me please if you know or have heard of a beta bios for the GA-78LMT-S2 rev. 1.0 (with switchable APM option in bios) ? only i find is for GA-78LMT-S2P and GA-78LMT-USB3.
    Appreciate any help. Thanks
    I will ask today......
    Last edited by stasio; 09-10-2013 at 07:27 AM.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    I will ask today......
    thanks stasio!

ViRuS2k is offline Member

any news stasio, on the gigabyte z87oc board update bios as the F7a and X04 are super buggy.
    would be great also if you can make a modded version once done with all the latest modules drivers + updated microcode :D i wonder if we will get IVE-E support :D i also noticed that there are conflicts happening with the audio on the board with X02 bios, seems the onboard audio is conflicting with the graphics chip audio, or the hd audio on the graphics chip vanishes from device manager some reboots you can see it again some reboots it vanishes and when this happens there is massive latency issues with the board
    or the lan nic will cause spiking latency, i wonder if there is a newer bios driver out for our lan chips

just more optimizing and bug searching for the board would be sweet.
    also there is a bug when booting up with uncore 40 and 41 and 42 are fine.
    43 and 44 and 45 cause BSOD when im logging into windows as windows is booting up 116bsod graphics driver tried to reset but couldnt. error from ATI graphics dll fine.
    this is like the dmi data or pool data or something messes up and causes 116s... with uncore @42 its fine though but i want higher than that after all its a OC board lol think every board out there can get past 42 uncore without issues, seems i cant though :/
    no idea why though that i would get 116bsod as that should not happen, i always know its going to happen when my keyboard lights do not light up .... but anyway im sure you guys will do your best :D

wonder who was working on F7a though with its bugs, as even a blind man could see those bugs ... lol
    Last edited by ViRuS2k; 09-10-2013 at 11:17 AM.

Hi, stasio
    Still no rely from Gigabyte?
    It's been a week waiting for a news... :P

Thread Information