Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 825 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 325725775815823824825826827835875925 ... LastLast
Results 8,241 to 8,250 of 10862

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

CharliesTheMan is offline Junior Member

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by karlfuller View Post
    Hi there new here ,

I see this thread as been going for many years .

I was having some problems with my motherboard
    GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 crashing all the time and was trying to over-clock its self ,so I went ahead and flashed the motherboard with the newest bios U1F(UEFI BIOS) 2013/03/08 .
    But now I am having some other problems ,when I first flashed the bios I could get into the bios but now I cant get in there any more .Reboot pc hitting DEL like crazy and nothing comes up .

As the key changed on this BIOS any one know .I mean the very first time in flashed it I got into it with DEL .So I am little confused what's going on .

so if any one know please post .
    Is it a USB keyboard? I'm thinking it's a USB 2.0 motherboard only but if it has USB 3.0, make sure you're on a USB 2.0 port, and maybe try a different set of USB ports, if you verify you're pressing the right button. Or you could try a PS/2 motherboard just to see if you happen to have some lying around.

If everything else logical fails and it's a dual BIOS motherboard you could always force it to boot from the backup BIOS and go in and flash a different BIOS version. I'm not familiar with you're exact motherboard but those two solutions will usually get you out of a bind on the motherboards I've been keeping up with, unfortunately I'm not sure the specs of yours, I just wanted to post this in case you get jammed up before someone with more knowledge helps out.

Quote Originally Posted by CharliesTheMan View Post
    Is it a USB keyboard? I'm thinking it's a USB 2.0 motherboard only but if it has USB 3.0, make sure you're on a USB 2.0 port, and maybe try a different set of USB ports, if you verify you're pressing the right button. Or you could try a PS/2 motherboard just to see if you happen to have some lying around.

If everything else logical fails and it's a dual BIOS motherboard you could always force it to boot from the backup BIOS and go in and flash a different BIOS version. I'm not familiar with you're exact motherboard but those two solutions will usually get you out of a bind on the motherboards I've been keeping up with, unfortunately I'm not sure the specs of yours, I just wanted to post this in case you get jammed up before someone with more knowledge helps out.

Yeah i tried both well all three usb 2 ubs 3 and ps2 and none let me into the bios pressing DEL .But did when i first flashed the bios .Any ways i got round the problem by just clearing the bios with JUMPER but not really some thing i want to be doing all the time just to get into the bios . I hope there is a fix if any one knows please post .

Thanks for your reply .

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    New BIOS:

- Support IVB-E CPU
    - 11-13.Sep 13

(Note) Please update @BIOS to ver.2.33 and be sure to reflash this BIOS through @BIOS ver2.33.
    (Note) To Support IVB-E CPU, the Intel driver must be updated in advanced.
    (From UP4 or UD3 GB web page)
    Hi all, new here.

I'm about to get the i7 4930K and the x79-UP4 board , with the bios updated to latest (F4) in store.

The second note above worries me on this new pc build.
    Assuming I get the board with the latest bios for IVB-E support, will there be a problem just installing Win7 as usual, since I obviously CAN'T update intel drivers [in advance] BEFORE I install the OS!
    Can I assume I can install the OS with no problems and then update the intel drivers (which I assume will be on disc with the mobo).
    I haven't built a new system for at least 8 years, so any help would be appreciated!
    Regards.

Vee is offline Junior Member

Hi, I had a question about Intel MEI driver. I installed your F7a bios for GA-Z77X-UP7 and was wondering which version of Intel MEI should I use. I currently am using the one off gigabytes website which they recommend. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Bongkie is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vee View Post
    Hi, I had a question about Intel MEI driver. I installed your F7a bios for GA-Z77X-UP7 and was wondering which version of Intel MEI should I use. I currently am using the one off gigabytes website which they recommend. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    I'm using 9.5.14.1724 on my Z77 board

Vee is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bongkie View Post
    I'm using 9.5.14.1724 on my Z77 board
    Thats cool, thanks for your input.

Also was wondering if I should use drivers from this thread " http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ity-tools.html " ? would it cause any problems. Seems like Gigabyte official website is delayed in updating there drivers? Or they do it on purpose so it doesn't cause any problems?

Also which Intel INF version should I use?
    Last edited by Vee; 09-19-2013 at 01:12 PM.

Bongkie is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vee View Post
    Thats cool, thanks for your input.

Also was wondering if I should use drivers from this thread " http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ity-tools.html " ? would it cause any problems. Seems like Gigabyte official website is delayed in updating there drivers? Or they do it on purpose so it doesn't cause any problems?

Also which Intel INF version should I use?
    Yes that is what i'm using from that thread and i don't have any problem. I use INF version 9.3.0.1029 from that thread also

Quote Originally Posted by Twooky View Post
    Hi all, new here.

I'm about to get the i7 4930K and the x79-UP4 board , with the bios updated to latest (F4) in store.

The second note above worries me on this new pc build.
    Assuming I get the board with the latest bios for IVB-E support, will there be a problem just installing Win7 as usual, since I obviously CAN'T update intel drivers [in advance] BEFORE I install the OS!
    Can I assume I can install the OS with no problems and then update the intel drivers (which I assume will be on disc with the mobo).
    I haven't built a new system for at least 8 years, so any help would be appreciated!
    Regards.
    yeah no issues at all, just make sure the bios is up to date and be aware by default turbo is stock clocks all the time (it doesn't boost up for a bit if under load it will run at 3.9ghz all day, its rather nice for a bug) and for the sake of your sanity DON'T restore the secure boot keys, if you do, it gets VERY ugly and you will have to do a bios reset or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Wobble View Post
    yeah no issues at all, just make sure the bios is up to date and be aware by default turbo is stock clocks all the time (it doesn't boost up for a bit if under load it will run at 3.9ghz all day, its rather nice for a bug) and for the sake of your sanity DON'T restore the secure boot keys, if you do, it gets VERY ugly and you will have to do a bios reset or worse.
    Thanks for the reply Wobble.

I'm unclear by what you mean when you say "default turbo is stock clocks all the time". Isn't is supposed to run at 3.9 when under heavy load. I think the wording is confusing me a bit. Sorry.

I don't think I'll touch the secure boot feature then. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Twooky View Post
    Thanks for the reply Wobble.

I'm unclear by what you mean when you say "default turbo is stock clocks all the time". Isn't is supposed to run at 3.9 when under heavy load. I think the wording is confusing me a bit. Sorry.

I don't think I'll touch the secure boot feature then. ;)
    The default behavior is a bit confusing. It uses four different turbo multipliers, for example something like 39, 39, 38, 37. It decides what multiplier gets used by the amount of cores being active. If Windows puts some of the cores to sleep because there's not enough to do for them, only then would you normally see the full 3.9GHz.

Thread Information