Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 826 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 326726776816824825826827828836876926 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,260 of 10862

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by Ropid View Post
    The default behavior is a bit confusing. It uses four different turbo multipliers, for example something like 39, 39, 38, 37. It decides what multiplier gets used by the amount of cores being active. If Windows puts some of the cores to sleep because there's not enough to do for them, only then would you normally see the full 3.9GHz.
    So they're all set to 39, turbo, in this case. Thanks Rapid, appreciated!.

Andres Gonzalez Biront is offline Junior Member

Ok, just an update, or a heads up for anyone using X79-UD3

In my experience this BIOS is USELESS.

SSD caching (Intel Smart Response) is NOT working. Tried BIOS F15, F16 and F16 mod. It simply does not work.

Also I can't overclock with F16. 125Mhz base clock works. Multiplier is stuck at 28x. Tried with and without turbo. Didn't work.

Back to F14 BIOS: everything works again. BUT, I had another issues with this BIOS. But I guess I can live with them until I change the motherboard (for another brand..........)

Edit: oh, I've also contacted Gigabyte support. They wanted me to RMA the board... ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Twooky View Post
    So they're all set to 39, turbo, in this case. Thanks Rapid, appreciated!.
    and from what it looks like it just uses 39 for ALL of them on this bios, its half baked!

Default Re: Gigabyte latest bios

Posted on here over the past 2 months, and nothing has changed in regards to support of my Z77 boards.

I'm going to Asus or another manufacturer that actually produces an official BIOS update instead of a sporadic beta versions, STILL ONE YEAR after release.

Good thing there is competition.

Bongkie is offline Member

Gigabyte just made F21 official Bios. Just saw it now on their website

Teddybehr is offline Member

@Bongkie,
    For which board?

Bongkie is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybehr View Post
    @Bongkie,
    For which board?
    Z77-D3H Rev 1.1

Teddybehr is offline Member

Default Re: Gigabyte latest bios

Quote Originally Posted by gbbios View Post
    Posted on here over the past 2 months, and nothing has changed in regards to support of my Z77 boards.

I'm going to Asus or another manufacturer that actually produces an official BIOS update instead of a sporadic beta versions, STILL ONE YEAR after release.

Good thing there is competition.
    I understand and share your frustration but there is no perfect manufacturer AFAIK. For us, mainstreams, enthusiasts or gamers poor mortals , there is nowhere to hide from some bugs here and there. Unless you a need fail safe/server type rig and/or are willing to pay premium money for one (unfortunately) ...well ...debugging is part of the fun or at least I try to view it s such I guess. It makes me feel more positive

At least here you have some very dedicated people that can improve BIOS quickly and/or relay bugs directly to R&D or "BIOS fixing" department ...thus helping them to help us... well...help us

I am still waiting for an UEFI vbios for my graphic card from another manufacturer to be able to operate in full uefi mode. That will never happen. I will have to buy another gcard although mine is quit recent and that's part of the game I guess

Gbmaryland is offline Junior Member

Can anyone point me to the latest modded BIOS for the G1.Assassin2? I gather based off of the 12S firmware?

Anything I should be aware of at this point... Stasio got me the last modded one with the updated Intel code for the various SATA RAID code (eRST/iRST, etc.) last time.

Also, has anyone actually updated the firmware so that the Sound Blaster shows up as a real Sound Blaster, than can get driver updates? etc...

After Bongkie noticed the new BIOS for his Z77-D3H, I looked at my board's page on the Gigabyte site.

Gigabyte put the F18g BIOS onto their page as the newest BIOS for Z77X-D3H. That's bad! It cannot do Secure Boot. It will break if you switch it into User mode by enabling the default keys, with the only solution being to force the backup BIOS to overwrite the main BIOS.

I compared the old F18g file with this new F18g from Gigabyte's site, and it's the exact same file.

Thread Information