Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 829 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 329729779819827828829830831839879929 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,290 of 10847

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

snout is offline Member

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by CharliesTheMan View Post
    It's most likely like the other boards, the new BIOS is built on and uses a newer version of Q-Flash. When the X79 platform got IB support I was beating my head against the wall until the solutions came about. At that time @BIOS gave the same error as Q-Flash and EFI Flash. If you guys got a BIOS update with the new Q-Flash version, I recommend using the FTK installer, the version that MacG32 Posted in the last several pages of the latest tools and utilities thread in the Gigabyte section. If Stasio confirms that's the issue, once you update to a BIOS with new Q-Flash built in it will work for the next BIOS updates going forward, but to revert to an old BIOS you'll need to use the FTK. I use the FTK method all the time now that I got that good setup from Mac. It works by using a bootable flash drive, rebooting to the flash drive from BIOS and typing a command, then when the updates done you just reboot normally.

Edit: I thought it was odd that Stasio wouldn't have had a note so I went back to his post. There is a note at the bottom to use the latest @BIOS version, looks like it's referencing your boards too, which would be there because of the new Q-Flash. BTW, my reason for liking FTK is because it eliminates the Windows variables from BIOS flashing, in case anyone wondered.
    Have you got a link for that buddy - i cant find it, been through his / her user posts too. Or ive just got brain freeze right now.
    G1.Assassin 2 (rev. 1.0) F13 MOD a Modified Bios by Boe23
    CPU Intel x3960
    Memory G.Skill RipJawsZ 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-14900C9
    Graphics Asus GTX 690 GOP Flashed.
    Hardrives x2 Samsung 128GB 840 PRO ssd (Raid 0 ) RST 13.1 Orom
    Optical Samsung SH-B123L/ BSBP 12x BluRay
    Case & Cooling Corsair 650D, Corsair H100 hydro
    Mouse & Keyboard R.A.T.7 Contagion , Steelseries 7G
    PSU Corsair Professional Series AX850 High Performance
    Sound X-FI Onboard (Pax Modded)
    Screen Benq XL2420T 24
    Windows 8.1 x64 UEFI Mode.

Hi Guys! Recently I had some problems with my motherboard GA-Z68X-UD3-B3 and Bios U1h when I changed my vga from GTX570 to GTX 770. Problems with freezing and slow boot. After downgraded to F13 (Award), works Ok. I'm thinking to update to newer version of UEFI bios, so I found U1f as lastest beta uefi bios. My doubt is, this bios is really newer then U1h? If I'm see only release date appears to be newer, but if I see the leter (f and h) looks older. How can I know this?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by THe Jackal View Post
    Hi Guys! Recently I had some problems with my motherboard GA-Z68X-UD3-B3 and Bios U1h when I changed my vga from GTX570 to GTX 770. Problems with freezing and slow boot. After downgraded to F13 (Award), works Ok. I'm thinking to update to newer version of UEFI bios, so I found U1f as lastest beta uefi bios. My doubt is, this bios is really newer then U1h? If I'm see only release date appears to be newer, but if I see the leter (f and h) looks older. How can I know this?

Thanks!
    Don't see any release for h, even on the official website. f is both here and there. GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-Z68X-UD3-B3 (rev. 1.0) You could ask virtualfred nicely to possibly mod the latest one for you here, so it's updated to the latest and greatest.

Kain is offline Junior Member

First post here. I have a GA-X79-UD3 with a 3930K. I just updated to the latest BIOS which is F16. Everything seems to fine expect one thing: the CPU Vcore voltage. I have everything in my PC at stock settings and when I run IntelBurnTest, all cores turbo to 3.8 GHz (even though they are suppose to be at 3.5 GHz) but the the BIOS states that the stock Vcore is 1.305! It was never this high before. My temps are all over the place with this Vcore. How do I reduce the Vcore? By the way, in the BIOS there is a setting for the Vcore voltage offset type thing. I set it to -0.105 to bring it down to 1.200 Vcore. But when I check my VID through HWiNFO64, VID is still 1.305. How do I change my VID? Vcore is now 1.200 but VID is still 1.305.

Quote Originally Posted by MacG32 View Post
    Don't see any release for h, even on the official website. f is both here and there. GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-Z68X-UD3-B3 (rev. 1.0) You could ask virtualfred nicely to possibly mod the latest one for you here, so it's updated to the latest and greatest.
    I think U1h was removed from Gigabyte site. In this same topic, have a mention of this bios in another post of 2012:
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post430392

Bios files was replaced for older (or not) U1f. If this Bios is older, maybe my issue with GTX 770 is not corrected yet...this modded bios only drivers is updated?

Thanks MacG32.
    Last edited by THe Jackal; 09-26-2013 at 01:57 AM.

Kain is offline Junior Member

I noticed one thing since I updated my X79-UD3 to the F16 BIOS. My Windows 8 Task Manager reports the maximum speed for my stock 3930K as 3.6 GHz. It was 3.8 GHz on the previous F14 BIOS. Any way to change this? My 3930K turbos up to 3.8 GHz despite this. Secondly, in the Task Manager, RAM is showing as 15.9 GB instead of 16 GB. Any way to correct this too?

shazam is offline Junior Member

GA-Z87X-UD4H - F8a changing the BLck does nothing on F8a but on F7 it work. Also if change the ram timming on f8a for it to apply if do save and rest go back in to bios it show your setting but your timming is still the old one but you have to turn off the pc then turn it back on going in bios the change is apply. I like the new look on F8a.

sixor is offline Junior Member

i confirmed something

i have been using latst beta mods bios for z77x ud3h for the last months and had ramdom crashes

tried a lot of oc setting, still crashes

1 week ago i went back to the old f18 and no crash with my oc settings, so i must stay on f18 sadly

maybe ssd raid 0 was the problem? who knows, but in the end, modded bios crash my pc while f18 not and never

klonsoldat1 is offline Junior Member

Hello,

my system starts only after many attempts and want load the optimized settings, after I switch the powerbutton of the power supply/ unplug the power cable.

Furthermore, the system hangs up when I'm on the desktop after the monitor turns off after several minutes of inactivity itself and I must restart the computer manually

It doesn´t matter if I use 1333 MHz and CL9 or CL8 and 1,5V or 1,55V or disable the C-states.

I hope you know a fix for me and can help me.

Crucial Ballistix Smart Tracer 1600 Mhz CL8 2x8GB Part Number: BLT8G3D1608DT2TXOB
    Gigabyte Z87 UD3H Bios F8e
    HD 7970 Windforce 3X

CharliesTheMan is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by klonsoldat1 View Post
    Hello,

my system starts only after many attempts and want load the optimized settings, after I switch the powerbutton of the power supply/ unplug the power cable.

Furthermore, the system hangs up when I'm on the desktop after the monitor turns off after several minutes of inactivity itself and I must restart the computer manually

It doesn´t matter if I use 1333 MHz and CL9 or CL8 and 1,5V or 1,55V or disable the C-states.

I hope you know a fix for me and can help me.

Crucial Ballistix Smart Tracer 1600 Mhz CL8 2x8GB Part Number: BLT8G3D1608DT2TXOB
    Gigabyte Z87 UD3H Bios F8e
    HD 7970 Windforce 3X
    Sounds like you need more vcore or adjust PLL. Usually lower PLL= less vcore required but with the boot issues I would set PLL to the default settings (like if it's 1.82 then set it to 1.82) and if it's already on auto try upping your vcore a tad.

Make sure you're not restoring BIOS settings or anything. Different BIOS versions will require different settings sometimes so don't assume that voltage settings wont need to be increased or decreased because a certain setting worked on a different BIOS.

I can't keep replying to posts like this in here, so if you need to ask some questions you'll need to start a new thread. Stasio has been overly polite but he's going to kill me one day for this lol.
    Last edited by CharliesTheMan; 09-27-2013 at 12:34 AM.

Thread Information