Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 832 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 332732782822830831832833834842882932 ... LastLast
Results 8,311 to 8,320 of 10862

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

CageJ is offline Junior Member

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by bongkie View Post
    where did you get the f21a?
    f21..

drivers cannot have any influence on UEFI driver...
    BTW u can update your vBios that's all... or try the GPU in other Mobo....

Teddybehr is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by virtualfred View Post
    Similar result for me... my Z77X-UD5H dislikes 4x Crucial Ballistik Tactical (PC14900 CAS9 1.5V) so i kept only 2 sticks : bad result @2000MHz but much better @2133MHz almost stable with 1.66V (5 Memtest passes OK, but not fully stable so i reverted back to 933MHz)... I tried the same with my 2 other sticks on Z77X-UD3H, but unlike UD5H : no boot and needs reset @2133MHz (1.65V).
    (Sorry for my french accent )
    Hi Sir Virtu,

Well at least you are able to do some 2133Mhz on your ud5h.
    I managed to do 2000Mhz 9-10-10-28 1.6v stable (well I think...the jury is still out on this one). Setting the graphic card slot speed manually (Gen2 in my case) seems to help.
    Any advise on the best bios version for OCing those?....it would be a shame and an insult to those little marvels not to be able to go higher like others. I am not complaining...just saying.
    Anyway, any improvement on OC stability will be always welcomed.
    Other than ram OC, F20c is good so far.

Many Thanks !

P.S. Well at least with your accent people know which language you speaks...accent from any part of France is great. When I go to USA and speaks French...ppl think that I am German, Swedish, name it... even like I'm from Estonia, Latvia xD. Well they basically think that I speak any other European language other than French dammit xD

@stasio

Will Gigabyte make UEFI's Thunderbolt option of Z77X-UP5 TH as same as the following picturs of Z77MX-QUO-AOS? The Z77MX-QUO-AOS is based on GA-Z77MX-D3H TH.

Attachment 6244

Thank you.
    Z77X-UP5TH F12j mod5, i7 3770K, GTX 660 OC, Windows 7/8 64bit

virtualfred is offline Super Moderator

Stasio, did you have an UEFI BIOS, or do your magic , for GA-P67A-UD3P B3 ? (seems to be the same than GA-P67A-UD3R B3)

Thanks

Default GA-Z77X-UD3H Fan issues

Hi, I hope I'm in the right place. I'd like to at least report, if not get a fix for, what I believe to be a bug with the BIOS on my Z77X-UD3H.

Basically the issue is with sys_fan 3 and sys_fan 4, using a basic PWM fan.

sys_fan 3 ignores all settings in the BIOS and runs the fan at full speed.

sys_fan 4 runs a full speed for about 5 seconds on boot up and then returns to BIOS set values.

The first renders the fan header more or less useless as it is obviously noisy as hell, and the second is annoying if I have to reboot, which I often do, in the presence of someone sleeping.

To contrast, this does not happen on sys_fan 1, 2 or cpu_fan using the same fan. The problem has been there for at least 5 full BIOS releases.

I think one of the headers doesn't support PWM at all. Check the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Octopuss View Post
    I think one of the headers doesn't support PWM at all. Check the manual.
    Thanks. I had a closer look and the manual states that SYS_2, 3 & CPU's 4th pin are all speed control and SYS_1 & 4's are "reserve". However this does not correlate with what's happening on my board at all. Even if the numbering was a typo in the manual it still doesn't explain the 3 different outcomes using 2 different header types. Also, the BIOS refers to 1,2&3 as being pwm.

CharliesTheMan is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by d1sc0d3v1l View Post
    Thanks. I had a closer look and the manual states that SYS_2, 3 & CPU's 4th pin are all speed control and SYS_1 & 4's are "reserve". However this does not correlate with what's happening on my board at all. Even if the numbering was a typo in the manual it still doesn't explain the 3 different outcomes using 2 different header types. Also, the BIOS refers to 1,2&3 as being pwm.
    Does this description of the fans match what you're seeing?

"The System Fan headers are all different in their function. System Fan #1 has 3 pins, reports RPM but runs at full speed from the MB, System Fan #2 has 4 pins, reports RPM, and runs at full speed and as you said the 4th pin is not connected for PWM, go figure. If there is a System Fan #3 like on the UD7, it does not report the RPM and funs at full speed. The Power Fan header has 3 pins, reports RPM, and runs at full speed, and if you have a PCH Fan 3 pin header it does not report RPM to the BIOS, and has 12V on pin 2. So there are 3 fan headers that report their fan speed to the BIOS."

If the fans are a big problem, until you determine if it's a BIOS problem or something else or not a problem, etc, you could use speed fan, it's free software, but will require that you configure your fans and the speeds you want correctly. That way there's no waking sleeping babies, scaring the fish away, or causing seismic events.
    Last edited by CharliesTheMan; 10-03-2013 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CharliesTheMan View Post
    If the fans are a big problem, until you determine if it's a BIOS problem or something else or not a problem, etc, you could use speed fan, it's free software, but will require that you configure your fans and the speeds you want correctly. That way there's no waking sleeping babies, scaring the fish away, or causing seismic events.
    Thanks for your reply. To be honest, although fan related, it is not really the same issue that the quoted post is referring to. Judging by the referral to a UD7, that person is talking about the old X58 series (or FX), of which my old UD3R had no such issues.

Thanks also for your suggestion of speedfan, however my issue is at post so software solutions aren't going to help (though if I had to use SYS_FAN 3, it would be a great help).

As I stated before, the issue has been persistent through quite a few bios updates. There aren't any factors I can see effecting the fan speed other than algorithms in the bios or perhaps, at a push, maybe the power circuitry.

Just to comprehensively explain my situation, I currently have a ticket open trying to find a resolution to another problem as well: Using my graphics card on the main PCIe x 16 slot causes serious system instability (GTX670). Legacy ROMs do not resolve the issue and all other potential avenues (PSU, card itself, etc.) have been tested. I'm awaiting a response from customer support on this one, one could speculate that there are power issues with the board but I'm not willing to back that horse, there are just too many variables with that issue.

So, here is a summary of the issues:

SYS_FAN 1&2 Operate normally.
    SYS_FAN 3 Runs at max, no control from bios level.
    SYS_FAN 4 Runs max for approx 5 seconds at startup.

BIOS controls are for SYS_FANS 1/2/3 simultaneously and state that they are PWM.

And here are the fan pin configs copied directly from the manual:

CPU_FAN:
    Pin No. Definition
    1 GND
    2 +12V/Speed Control
    3 Sense
    4 Speed Control

SYS_FAN1:
    Pin No. Definition
    1 GND
    2 Speed Control
    3 Sense
    4 Reserve

SYS_FAN2/3:
    Pin No. Definition
    1 GND
    2 +12V
    3 Sense
    4 Speed Control

SYS_FAN4:
    Pin No. Definition
    1 GND
    2 +12V
    3 Sense
    4 Reserve

Hi all,

Totally new here. I have a new ga-x79s-up5-wifi rev 1.0 board and was about to buy a new IvyB-EP CPU (E5-1650v2) to go with it but found out that even with the latest BIOS, F4 or F5a, it won't support it unless the board is rev 1.1. Any body in the same situation?

Stasio, any idea what could be the difference between 1.0 and 1.1? I am not sure what to do now since I can't return the board. Can this be resolve with even new BIOS updates?

Thanks.
    Eddy

Thread Information