Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 833 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 333733783823831832833834835843883933 ... LastLast
Results 8,321 to 8,330 of 10847

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS




  1. #8321
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    45

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by virtualfred View Post
    Stasio, did you have an UEFI BIOS, or do your magic , for GA-P67A-UD3P B3 ? (seems to be the same than GA-P67A-UD3R B3)

    Thanks
    Hi virtualfred,

    You can flash your P67A-UD3P-B3 by replacing the follow hex strings in UEFI Bios to the one matches your board.
    Code:
    GA-P67A-UD3-B3  38 41 32 31 41 47 30 59
    GA-P67X-UD3R-B3 38 41 33 31 41 47 30 32
    GA-P67X-UD3-B3  38 41 32 31 41 47 30 55
    GA-P67A-UD3R-B3 38 41 32 31 41 47 30 57
    For example, if I want to flash my GA-P67A-UD3R-B3 with GA-P67X-UD3-B3's U1b, I have to replace all "38 41 32 31 41 47 30 55" in P67X-UD3's UEFI Bios with "38 41 32 31 41 47 30 57". (Usually, there are two places in GA-P67's UEFI Bios.)
    But I don't know what hex strings P67A-UD3P uses. You have to figure this out yourself or ask Stasio.

    By the way, if you flash your P67A-UD3P-B3 with P67A-UD3R-B3 or P67A-UD3-B3, 4 Pin Fans will probably wouldn't work correctly.
    If flashing with P67X-UD3-B3, 4 Pin Fans work well, but Coaxial audio might not be detected.
    If flashing with P67X-UD3R-B3, same as above, plus system would freeze randomly.

    It would be great if you know how to apply P67X-UD3-B3 U1b's Fan control setting to P67A-UD3R-B3 U1b.
    Last edited by shiecldk; 10-04-2013 at 03:36 AM.

  2. #8322
    virtualfred's Avatar
    virtualfred is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    France
    Posts
    634

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by shiecldk View Post
    Hi virtualfred,

    You can flash your P67A-UD3P-B3 by replacing the follow hex strings in UEFI Bios to the one matches your board.
    Code:
    GA-P67A-UD3-B3  38 41 32 31 41 47 30 59
    GA-P67X-UD3R-B3 38 41 33 31 41 47 30 32
    GA-P67X-UD3-B3  38 41 32 31 41 47 30 55
    GA-P67A-UD3R-B3 38 41 32 31 41 47 30 57
    For example, if I want to flash my GA-P67A-UD3R-B3 with GA-P67X-UD3-B3's U1b, I have to replace all "38 41 32 31 41 47 30 55" in P67X-UD3's UEFI Bios with "38 41 32 31 41 47 30 57". (Usually, there are two places in GA-P67's UEFI Bios.)
    But I don't know what hex strings P67A-UD3P uses. You have to figure this out yourself or ask Stasio.

    By the way, if you flash your P67A-UD3P-B3 with P67A-UD3R-B3 or P67A-UD3-B3, 4 Pin Fans will probably wouldn't work correctly.
    If flashing with P67X-UD3-B3, 4 Pin Fans work well, but Coaxial audio might not be detected.
    If flashing with P67X-UD3R-B3, same as above, plus system would freeze randomly.

    It would be great if you know how to apply P67X-UD3-B3 U1b's Fan control setting to P67A-UD3R-B3 U1b.
    Thanks a lot
    So according to you, i should better use GA-P67A-UD3R-B3 modded BIOS to flash GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 (very similar, UD3P seems to have just one USB3.0 header more)... and i think my friend use a 3 PIN for CPU fan.
    (Sorry but i don't know about fan control settings)

  3. #8323
    stasio's Avatar
    stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    My
    Posts
    5,688

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Yea,I send you PM.
    Btw,
    shiecldk.....you mix some hex strings........in your table.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

  4. #8324
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    45

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by virtualfred View Post
    Thanks a lot
    So according to you, i should better use GA-P67A-UD3R-B3 modded BIOS to flash GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 (very similar, UD3P seems to have just one USB3.0 header more)... and i think my friend use a 3 PIN for CPU fan.
    (Sorry but i don't know about fan control settings)
    I think you are right, but maybe USB3.0 19pin header would stop working... I dunno
    Remember to check CPU fan, because it plugs on a 4 pin fan slot. If CPU fan is 4pin, it would stop at 0rpm.

    Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    Yea,I send you PM.
    Btw,
    shiecldk.....you mix some hex strings........in your table.
    Sorry for my bad English. What do you mean "mix some hex strings in my table?"
    PS. It would be great too if you can tell me which modules may have something to do with Fan control...
    Last edited by shiecldk; 10-04-2013 at 02:41 PM.

  5. #8325
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Comet 67P ( Exploring with Philae - Rosetta Lander)
    Posts
    70

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Just completed my build on the GA-z87-ud4H. I'm running it as minimal as possible, i5 4670k non-overclocked, ripjaws F3-12800cl9d-8gbxl , wd 1 tb black. Corsair gs700 v2 PSU. HD7870 sapphire. I have been running stability tests for 3 days with no issues. Current bios is F5. I was away for the past 2 days , came back and suffered my first cold boot loop. I want to update the bios to f7 or F8a before I change any components if necessary.

    I just want to know if anyone has tried the F8a bios and if there are any issues that come with it?? Does any of the bios revisions after f5 address power issues?? Thanks.

  6. #8326
    stasio's Avatar
    stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    My
    Posts
    5,688

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    New BIOS:

    G1.Sniper 5 - F8b
    GA-Z87X-UD4H - F8b
    GA-Z87M-D3H - F9a
    GA-Z87-HD3 - F7c


    - Improve compatibility
    - 30.Sep/01.Oct 13

    GA-X79-UP4 - F5b
    GA-X79-UD7 - F12d
    GA-X79-UD5 - F13v


    - Improve compatibility
    - 01-04.Oct 13
    Last edited by stasio; 10-07-2013 at 06:11 PM.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

  7. #8327
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    41

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    I hope the upcoming X79-UP4 BIOS F5 final is going to be usable fixing all the reported bugs.
    I avoided upgrading so far because it seems that the new BIOS releases although including Intel updated firmwares and ROMs are far from stable and really buggy.

  8. #8328
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Any chance there is an updated BIOS ready for the Sniper M5? While F8a was a progress over F7 in terms of stability / XMP compatibility, my rig still (cold-) boots into the BIOS sometimes ...

    Thx,

    Jens
    Last edited by JePeT; 10-08-2013 at 01:10 AM.
    gigabyte g1.sniper z87 | intel core i5-4670k @h2o | crucial ballistix tactical tracer | sapphire r9 290 @h2o | toshiba q | samsung ssd 840 evo | wd velociraptor | lg bh16ns40 | enermax platimax | corsair carbide series air 540

  9. #8329
    CharliesTheMan is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    74

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Stasio thanks for your hard work, please let the folks at gigabyte know that you're selling a lot of motherboards. I know that this active BIOS beta releasing and development along with virtualfred's work is a decision making factor for a lot of users when it comes time to upgrade to a new board.

    I've flashed X79UP4.F5b and it installed in Q-Flash and booted fine, so far all is good. Will provide more feedback after customizing BIOS for my configuration (been running with default settings so far)

    If anyone's wondering I went from the (previous) latest BIOS to F5b when it was released by using Q-Flash and all went well.

  10. #8330
    CharliesTheMan is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    74

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    So far F5b on X79-UP4 seems to be running good so far, it booted up fine with my overclock settings.

    Stasio I have a couple of questions. I'm wondering what the Non K series OC does, and what LBPLL and SBPLL is. Also, has it been reported that turbo boost isn't working on recent BIOS builds? I'm wondering if its the BIOS, or the Intel ME updates.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 175 users browsing this thread. (3 members and 172 guests)

  1. AudiTuner,
  2. jelol98,
  3. moff686

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •