Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 859 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 359759809849857858859860861869909959 ... LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,590 of 10847

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Amurtigress is offline Member

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

@JLamp:

The BSODs were caused by the old 070B microcode that Gigabyte didn't care to update until recently when the IVB-E support came out. Back in August I was looking around how to get something better since all other board makers had at least 070C....

All I found was 070D from Intel's Linux support, so I weaselled my way through two, three programs to get it into the BIOS and there went the BSOD....now we got 0710 in the latest BIOSses and even the unmodded ones should not have the problem anymore. (Stop error d1 in storport.sys after ~40 min in OCCT 4.4.0, 64 min in 4.3.2).
    BTW, I also found a workaround for the issue. Disable ErP and High-Performance Event Timer.

Hope it helps. ;)

PS: That problem was really driving me to test series to narrow down the source. How the HE.... was I supposed to know it's a CPU issue? <facepalms>

PPS: The best BIOSses for SB-E on a X79-UD5 users should be F13s and F13t with mods from either me or virtualfred. Let me know if you want one of those.
    Last edited by Amurtigress; 12-04-2013 at 10:35 AM.

Amurtigress is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by zerowing View Post
    You can't be serious. You must be kidding.

Do you want to compare BIOS release dates from ASUS and Gigabyte on their most expensive motherboards in the last 12-18 months, just for example? And with the cheaper models it's just the same overall.

Gigabyte support and quality jumped the shark in the last 24months. I bought Gigabyte motherboards for 15 years but I can now say no more. I was using ASUS and MSI before. I will go back to ASUS with my next purchase.
    It's just a shame that every BIOS release from Gigabyte is full of serious bugs and they didn't update the X79 models BIOSes for almost a whole year while ASUS and the others were releasing all Intel updates with new BIOS versions every 30-60days on average.
    It's pretty useless having better hardware specs on Gigabyte products if then things just don't work as they should and they don't give a damn about their customers officially. Yes there are forums like this but this not official support. And still.. the BIOS releases are always full of bugs and issues as customers keep reporting.
    In the past Gigabyte motheboards had the best BIOS support ever, their products were the most stable and always updated. Then something changed.. the managers must have fired a lot of experienced engineers and programmers and replaced them with cheap employees that clearly don't have a clue what they are doing.
    Otherwise we wouldn't be getting unstable BIOSes and plenty of bugs on all motherboards from cheap to the most expensive ones.
    See my 2 cents on that matter here:
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post470423

Some problems were simply ridiculous. On top of what I wrote there, it's plain sad that there were these issues with peripheral chips that had been used on the previous boards with socket 115x, like Intel LAN and Marvell 88EE9172 SATA. Why can't they get that right from the start? Sorry, my tolerance ends there. Period. But also that the iRSTe mode caused BSODs and Intel taking THREE MAJOR builds of their LAN drivers (V14 to 17) to get performance right.

Sorry for venting...

By the way, as I am thinking over this post... "They must have fired their engineers"...maybe not but maybe they were narrowtracked BIOS folks for Award/AMI. UEFI came up then and that's where it went downhill. And admittedly UEFI is a PRETTY different matter altogether.
    Last edited by Amurtigress; 12-04-2013 at 10:56 AM.

Andres Gonzalez Biront is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kanecvr View Post
    First of all, thank you for the latest Beta Bios for the Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3!

I was having serious issues with my new LGA 2011 build. A week ago, I bought a GA-X79-UD3 for cheap since it was on sale, and decided to pair it with an i7 3820 I traded my old 1155 platform for. Big surprise when I finished the build and started running benchmarks, at a mild overclock of only 4Ghz... the sistem would freeze (lock up) and needed to be reset. I upped the voltage on VCORE and every other setting, same result. Swapped put my quad channel corsair XMS3 memory set for a dual channel kit consisting of 2x4GB Corsair vengeance at 1866mhz, same result. Swapped those out for a SINGLE hyinx OEM 4GB 1333MHz moule - same result. Reset BIOS to default, stock speed and voltage, same results - freezing and instability. Had to DOWNCLOCK the CPU to 3,2 GHz to get it running stable. After a couple of days, the PC would not wake up from S3 (kept resetting, trying to enter BIOS and freezing). Tried to reset CMOS, no dice. Removed CMOS battery, reset CMOS, started up - same lockup in BIOS screen. Removed EVERY PIECE of hardware except for one memory module, one VGA card and used a PS/2 keyboard - same result - system would lock up and reset in BIOS screen. Finally, I swapped the memory module for one of the Vengeance modules, and it worked. As you could immagine, this pissed me off quite alot - as I NEVER experienced such issues even with el cheapo brands like Biostar or ECS (I could OC a 3570k on a Z77 biostar board to 4,6 GHz with no issues whatsoever) - and I had quite a few expectations from a Gigabyte board.

After sending an RMA request for my UD3 and ordering a MSI X79-G45 Plus, I decided to check the net for X79-UD3 problems, and I found A LOT - everything I have been describing actually. My board had the latest BIOS (F16) so I tought that won't solve anything. Gigabyte Tech Support was USELESS. They did not read my message, giving me a random pre-written answer - but luckily google led me here ->

- where I found the F17g bios, and I'm happy to report - all issues are gone!. I'm currently at 4,4Ghz @ 1.3v, the system is perfectly stable in all benchmarks and prime95. I have not tested the sleep (S1-S3) issue yet, but I will and then report back.

Thank you for a proper working bios!

P.S. I will be keeping the MSI for a couple of weeks as a backup in case issues crop up again - but here's hoping they won't, as the UD3 has a much better PCI-E 16x layout - 3 slots free between cards = way better temps in crossfire.
    Do you know if this BIOS supports iSRT? Since F15 BIOS, there is no way to use a SSD as cache, iSRT is broken. I've flashed every BIOS since, and suffered from every different kind of problem every BIOS has, along with the broken iSRT. I really don't want to flash another BIOS, re-configure my system all over again just to find out more problems and that the issues that I and other users reported aren't fixed :(

Quote Originally Posted by kanecvr View Post
    First of all, thank you for the latest Beta Bios for the Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3!

I was having serious issues with my new LGA 2011 build. A week ago, I bought a GA-X79-UD3 for cheap since it was on sale, and decided to pair it with an i7 3820 I traded my old 1155 platform for. Big surprise when I finished the build and started running benchmarks, at a mild overclock of only 4Ghz... the sistem would freeze (lock up) and needed to be reset. I upped the voltage on VCORE and every other setting, same result. Swapped put my quad channel corsair XMS3 memory set for a dual channel kit consisting of 2x4GB Corsair vengeance at 1866mhz, same result. Swapped those out for a SINGLE hyinx OEM 4GB 1333MHz moule - same result. Reset BIOS to default, stock speed and voltage, same results - freezing and instability. Had to DOWNCLOCK the CPU to 3,2 GHz to get it running stable. After a couple of days, the PC would not wake up from S3 (kept resetting, trying to enter BIOS and freezing). Tried to reset CMOS, no dice. Removed CMOS battery, reset CMOS, started up - same lockup in BIOS screen. Removed EVERY PIECE of hardware except for one memory module, one VGA card and used a PS/2 keyboard - same result - system would lock up and reset in BIOS screen. Finally, I swapped the memory module for one of the Vengeance modules, and it worked. As you could immagine, this pissed me off quite alot - as I NEVER experienced such issues even with el cheapo brands like Biostar or ECS (I could OC a 3570k on a Z77 biostar board to 4,6 GHz with no issues whatsoever) - and I had quite a few expectations from a Gigabyte board.

After sending an RMA request for my UD3 and ordering a MSI X79-G45 Plus, I decided to check the net for X79-UD3 problems, and I found A LOT - everything I have been describing actually. My board had the latest BIOS (F16) so I tought that won't solve anything. Gigabyte Tech Support was USELESS. They did not read my message, giving me a random pre-written answer - but luckily google led me here ->

- where I found the F17g bios, and I'm happy to report - all issues are gone!. I'm currently at 4,4Ghz @ 1.3v, the system is perfectly stable in all benchmarks and prime95. I have not tested the sleep (S1-S3) issue yet, but I will and then report back.

Thank you for a proper working bios!

P.S. I will be keeping the MSI for a couple of weeks as a backup in case issues crop up again - but here's hoping they won't, as the UD3 has a much better PCI-E 16x layout - 3 slots free between cards = way better temps in crossfire.

Wich issues you have before?

Hi Everyone,

I am from Turkey, I have GA-Z87X-UD5H Rev. 1.0. My problem is USB ports. They are randomly stop working. Sometimes my keybord not working on boot screen or mouse in bios screen. Dou you have any idea about this situation.
    Do you have suggestion Beta Bios or Mod for me. Thanks.

ABuNeNe is offline Junior Member

Hi guys, on my P45-DS3 motherboard running on F10e bios, any idea why the option USB Wake Up from S3 is missing from the Power Management Setup?

Reason I'm asking is because I just got this USB that lights up even after my PC have been shut down. I asked the manufacturer if there is anyway to turn off the light and was told to disable this USB Wake Up from S3 in my motherboard bios.

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

Quote Originally Posted by xf7er View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I am from Turkey, I have GA-Z87X-UD5H Rev. 1.0. My problem is USB ports. They are randomly stop working. Sometimes my keybord not working on boot screen or mouse in bios screen. Dou you have any idea about this situation.
    Do you have suggestion Beta Bios or Mod for me. Thanks.
    Welcome to our forum....
    Operating system....all drivers update...any other USB plug-in.....????

Note:
    One more time......PLEASE.....post your SPEC......everybody.....
    Last edited by stasio; 12-07-2013 at 01:14 AM.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    Welcome to our forum....Operating system....all drivers update...any other USB plug-in.....????Note:One more time......PLEASE.....post your SPEC......everybody.....
    Mainboard : GIGABYTE Z87X-UD5H INTEL Z87 Ver. 1.0 Offical F7 Bios
    CPU : INTEL CORE I7 4770
    CPU Cooler : COOLER MASTER SEIDON 120M
    GPU : ASUS GTX760 DIRECTCU II O.C. GDDR5 2GB 256BIT
    RAM : CORSAIR 16GB (2X8GB) VENGEANCE PRO DDR3 1600MHZ CL9
    HDD 1 : SAMSUNG 250GB 840 EVO SATA 3.0
    HDD 2 : SEAGATE 3.5" 1TB BARRACUDA SATA 3.0 64MB CACHE
    CASE and PSU : XIGMATEK ASSASIN BLACK EDITION TAURO 80PLUS 700W MIDT
    Keyboard : Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000
    Mouse : Logitech G500
    My problem not dependent to the operating system. My USB keyboard or mouse sometimes not working on BIOS screen.
    Sometimes keyboard not working during system boot. Sometimes, I can not to login Bios with del key. Keyboard light lights but keys not responding in BIOS or Intel Boot Manager.

I installed Windows 8.1 from DVD. Keyboard and mouse running right on Windows 8.1 but some rear USB ports not working.I did some research on the Internet, There are experiencing similar problems with me.

Thanks for help and interest.

boondocks is offline Senior Member

My problem not dependent to the operating system. My USB keyboard or mouse sometimes not working on BIOS screen.
    Sometimes keyboard not working during system boot. Sometimes, I can not to login Bios with del key. Keyboard light lights but keys not responding in BIOS or Intel Boot Manager.

I installed Windows 8.1 from DVD. Keyboard and mouse running right on Windows 8.1 but some rear USB ports not working.I did some research on the Internet, There are experiencing similar problems with me.

I don't have anything but the usual procedures.....
    I would try a hard CMOS reset by removing the battery for a while. After replacing the battery and on startup select "load optimized defaults and reboot" from the boot menu that shows up, then after rebooting either proceed to bios or hit "End" for Qflash, then reflash the bios. If you are successful in flashing the bios then after rebooting go directly to bios and again load optimized defaults, save & reboot.
    If it doesn't help then contact Gigabyte support and list all your USB devices and see if they have a suggestion or fix. Occasionally there will be a USB device that the bios doesn't like.
    Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
    Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
    PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
    Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
    Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
    HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/4.8@1.38 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
    SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Topp44 is offline Junior Member

Thumbs down Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Hi,

I have the same Mb, Mice and keyboard. I confirm to you the keyboard and the mouse enable after the bios pass and see the logo on windows. I connect on my card startech usb 3.0 and now i can go in my bios. Gigabyte know the problem. The other problem come form the marvell 9230 firmware. The problem cause the led hdd stay on all time on , when the ssd and hdd connect in. to revolve the problem, you must rma on gigabyte to update the firmware marvell.

Thread Information