Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 889 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 389789839879887888889890891899939989 ... LastLast
Results 8,881 to 8,890 of 10848

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Post Gigabyte z87x-oc debug led problem .Code 04.

Gigabyte Z87X-OC rev 1.0,BIOS F7g mod. What is debug LED code 04???
    After rebooting back to normal.

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    Check your CPU socket pins.....
    Ohhh....you already check...
    Try to install back previous CPU (if you didn't sold).
    To the extent I can, I checked the socket pins - three of them in a row look 'different' [I think], but the Intel processor tester program says all is OK.
    I mentioned that I put back the previous CPU - I'll not sell it - but while the computer seemed more 'stable' [not freezing up], the RAM which used to be OK with that CPU now is not...it is the same as with the new CPU....frustrating.

Additionally, I thought that maybe I didn't wait long enough the last time I took out the battery and set all to fail safe settings, so I did it again....but THIS TIME it took me 2.5 hours to get it to boot again....each time it would try to boot four times and then show a screen of [I believe] memory faults [attached]. If you look back on my last post, I uploaded what I see for the memory....its all there, but two ranks not enabled. As I mentioned, programs like CPU-Z and others see all the memory...only BIOS is freaking..but it is freaking SO much this computer is barely usable....and I'm freaking...it is my work computer - not much play on it. No other computer, either. I don't even know how I finally got around that screen and into a boot...afraid to turn off the computer..I tried every combination of settings in Bios, but nothing seemed to work...then without any big difference, I loaded an old bios setting, it is working - but will in an hour or so freeze up [quite sure]...and shows the memory deficit. I have available [I guess] only 16 of 24GB. Why the computer seems more stable and less likely to freeze up with the older CPU is unknown....to be honest I didn't stay on that CPU long, as if I'm to return this 990X I'll have to do so quite soon. Anyone know if I run a mem86+ test if it will be testing all or only what is enabled? I can let it run at night and hope it doesn't freeze up. I'm depressed. That is almost new memory sticks and reversing the order of them didn't change a thing...so I very much doubt they are the problem. Can one get a new holder for the cpu [with new pins] easily, as the MB is no longer available except on eBay used...and NOT often!....and almost at the original price!
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 v.1 [F9d Bios] with i7-990X
    Lian Li PC-B-25F Case
    Be Quiet BQT P7-Pro 750W
    Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X 1GB DDR5
    Corsair XMS-3 24GB 2000 CL 9-9-9-24
    Noctua NH D-14
    6 TB SATA II storage; 12 TB SATA III AF
    3 24" LCD screens w/Eyefinity, 9 Multi-Desktops

CharliesTheMan is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by crazybear View Post
    To the extent I can, I checked the socket pins - three of them in a row look 'different' [I think], but the Intel processor tester program says all is OK.
    I mentioned that I put back the previous CPU - I'll not sell it - but while the computer seemed more 'stable' [not freezing up], the RAM which used to be OK with that CPU now is not...it is the same as with the new CPU....frustrating.

Additionally, I thought that maybe I didn't wait long enough the last time I took out the battery and set all to fail safe settings, so I did it again....but THIS TIME it took me 2.5 hours to get it to boot again....each time it would try to boot four times and then show a screen of [I believe] memory faults [attached]. If you look back on my last post, I uploaded what I see for the memory....its all there, but two ranks not enabled. As I mentioned, programs like CPU-Z and others see all the memory...only BIOS is freaking..but it is freaking SO much this computer is barely usable....and I'm freaking...it is my work computer - not much play on it. No other computer, either. I don't even know how I finally got around that screen and into a boot...afraid to turn off the computer..I tried every combination of settings in Bios, but nothing seemed to work...then without any big difference, I loaded an old bios setting, it is working - but will in an hour or so freeze up [quite sure]...and shows the memory deficit. I have available [I guess] only 16 of 24GB. Why the computer seems more stable and less likely to freeze up with the older CPU is unknown....to be honest I didn't stay on that CPU long, as if I'm to return this 990X I'll have to do so quite soon. Anyone know if I run a mem86+ test if it will be testing all or only what is enabled? I can let it run at night and hope it doesn't freeze up. I'm depressed. That is almost new memory sticks and reversing the order of them didn't change a thing...so I very much doubt they are the problem. Can one get a new holder for the cpu [with new pins] easily, as the MB is no longer available except on eBay used...and NOT often!....and almost at the original price!
    The freezing up and poor performance is where I really get concerned. If the BIOS was just not recognizing the RAM and only saw 16 GB then I wouldn't be too worried, assuming performance was good. But, with 16 GB of RAM, or even 8 GB or RAM, you aren't having the problems you're describing because of there not being enough RAM, it's because of a failure or problem somewhere else, and showing 16 GB is probably a symptom.

With your troubleshooting steps I'm pretty sure this isn't the issue, but you're not reusing or restoring BIOS profiles or settings right? This is with a completely stock clean BIOS install, completely stock default settings right, just like if you had never had a previous gigabyte motherboard/BIOS when you install the new chip and flash the BIOS?

And you have absolutely no Windows software installed for changing or modifying BIOS settings like EasyTune or Intel's XTU, things like that?

When you only install one RAM module is the the freezing and other problems performance wise remaining about the same?

As far as the CPU socket (That's what the "holder" is called) and bent pins, if the pins are truly bent or damaged, you can send the board off and have it repaired or have the socket replaced, but I'm thinking with the age on that board it might be cheaper to buy another one than fix the one you have, if money is tight, like it is for me right now.

Are all of your temperatures pretty good/normal right before the computer starts freezing?

I know this isn't directly related to the BIOS beta testing if different BIOS versions all cause the same problem, so you probably need to start another thread to continue this conversation once it's been decided it's not a particular BIOS version.

PS - if your board has a dual BIOS, there have been some problems with some older boards being updated and having weird problems because of the Backup BIOS not matching the same generation as the main BIOS. This was stated by users though and it could have been coincedental that the BIOS problem was solved at the same time the backup BIOS was flashed.

boondocks is offline Senior Member

Every thing Charles said makes sense to me.

BTW, one good way to check for bent cpu socket pins is to take a picture with a decent camera with a large format setting. Makes any bent pins much, much easier to see.
    Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
    Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
    PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
    Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
    Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
    HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/4.8@1.38 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
    SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K

Default GA-Z87-D3HP Bios bug?

Greetings, please help with problem - bios bug or my hands))

Hardware Specifications, description of the problem in paragraph 12 .

1.Motherboard- GA-Z87-D3HP (rev. 1.0), F6 from 01/20/2014

2.Memory -Patriot, 1333EL Series, 2048 MBytes x 4 - 8GB (PC3-10700H -666 MHz)- 9.0-9-9-24-33 timings

in 1333 mode , all worth on SPD. Memory was previously on the old computer , worked more than a year , no complaints , Memtest passes.

3.Protsessor -Intel Core i5- 4570 3.20GHz, Haswell, Stepping C0, cooler -Hyper212x- thermal interface -"Ice Therm 2"

4 .Geforce 670 2GB, Gigabyte (GV-N670WF2-2GD).

5.Case- Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced, PSU -Enermax 750 awt- " fresh" - 3 months from from date of purchase( was on previous computer ).

6. HDD-500GB-WESTER DIGITAL RE4 (MB0500EBNCR)- slightly older PSU

7. - External Dlink ADSL modem -2640

8. Monitor Samsung-27ca550

9.Windows 7 64 professional sp1, all the possible update of the operating system at the moment, the latest drivers for all the hardware and firmware available

10 . All hardware in the nominal mode

11. Computer runs completely stable, since my build at the end of December 2013

12.Problem- Wanted to reduce the CPU temperature by reducing the Vcore.

In my case standard value- Vcore Base -1.041v. Vcore with Turbobust on- 4core * 3.4GHZ-1.093v and 3.6ghz single-threaded load the core at a voltage of 1.150v
    In the BIOS set the offset (Offset)-0.1v to the base voltage in manual mode , all is well , the temperature dropped by 5-7 degrees , but testing and return to auto setting in bios , sensor core voltage not be restored -same base vcore 0.941, 0.993 in turbo- still, in manual mode when i am fixed default voltage and restart - result is the same no back to 1.041-1093.
    Only helps complete shutdown, with standby power off for half a minute , sensors Restores , I thought Me region fail .
    Made a backup BIOS entirely through FPT (Flash programing tool from intel)did full dump -fptw64-d bios.bin, did fully rewrite F6 version - fpt64-f Z87D3HP.F6-SAVEMAC. ,Next full Power off waited a minute to restart Me frimware, turned on , dropped to the factory defaults , again reproduced the problem. As a result, returned to backup bios.

Please clarify what the problem is , bios bug or my " hands " , something else .
    with best regards Vladimir

Quote Originally Posted by CharliesTheMan View Post
    The freezing up and poor performance is where I really get concerned. If the BIOS was just not recognizing the RAM and only saw 16 GB then I wouldn't be too worried, assuming performance was good. But, with 16 GB of RAM, or even 8 GB or RAM, you aren't having the problems you're describing because of there not being enough RAM, it's because of a failure or problem somewhere else, and showing 16 GB is probably a symptom.

With your troubleshooting steps I'm pretty sure this isn't the issue, but you're not reusing or restoring BIOS profiles or settings right? This is with a completely stock clean BIOS install, completely stock default settings right, just like if you had never had a previous gigabyte motherboard/BIOS when you install the new chip and flash the BIOS?

And you have absolutely no Windows software installed for changing or modifying BIOS settings like EasyTune or Intel's XTU, things like that?

When you only install one RAM module is the the freezing and other problems performance wise remaining about the same?

As far as the CPU socket (That's what the "holder" is called) and bent pins, if the pins are truly bent or damaged, you can send the board off and have it repaired or have the socket replaced, but I'm thinking with the age on that board it might be cheaper to buy another one than fix the one you have, if money is tight, like it is for me right now.

Are all of your temperatures pretty good/normal right before the computer starts freezing?

I know this isn't directly related to the BIOS beta testing if different BIOS versions all cause the same problem, so you probably need to start another thread to continue this conversation once it's been decided it's not a particular BIOS version.

PS - if your board has a dual BIOS, there have been some problems with some older boards being updated and having weird problems because of the Backup BIOS not matching the same generation as the main BIOS. This was stated by users though and it could have been coincedental that the BIOS problem was solved at the same time the backup BIOS was flashed.
    If all will allow me one last reply on this thread [any further, if needed will be on a new thread], in answer to this interesting reply [others were helpful, as well]. To address your points and ask a few final questions [in no special order]:

- I use both Windoz and Ubuntu - so the situation can be viewed in both, and is not OS-specific.
    - For the last 36 hours I have found stability [so far] by putting what memory is enabled [recognized?] on XMP on 'auto settings' [much to my surprise]. I never used that with the i7 930 - in fact, it seemed to cause problems without major tweaking I never got around to.
    - Yes, I didn't use old BIOS settings, made up fresh ones; but no I didn't re-flash the BIOS for two reasons: 1]I'm always nervous of flashing and thus wanted to leave that as a last resort and 2] didn't know if BIOS would a] allow the same version to be overwritten, and b] whether I should us the plain vanilla F9d or the moded version. You suggest the moded version and I hope that'll work, as it is on my list of next to try. Anything I should be forewarned about with it?!
    - No, I don't use EasyTune or Intel's XTU, things like that.
    - Temperatures are great...the CPU not going over 40C even under stress tests. I have massive cooling.
    - Once when it froze up [before I tried the XMP setting on the memory], I noted that the CPU had suddenly gone up to nearly 100% usage - which is bizarre given what I was doing and the capability of a 990X chip. I'm not yet sure the XMP setting will end freeze ups; but it has certainly led me to believe that stability is possible - but it is very important to me to regain all of my memory. A reflash of the Bios now looks like a 'best bet'.
    - The board has dual bios. I always thought the backup bios was the factory original bios and never updated. Is that not correct? Is there an advantage or way to flash both or transfer the new bios in the main bios chip to the backup? If so, I'm not aware - though vaguely remember some F# command for something along those lines.
    - While I took out the six DIMMs and reversed the order [no change], I have not tried all the various combinations, nor doing them one at a time. The BIOS is obvious unhappy that it 'senses' 6 x 4 sticks of memory, but only finds 16 enabled - it will try to reboot four times, running a 'checking ram' routine at the end and then reboot. the fifth time it will boot.
    - Someone else's mention of a enlarged photo of the CPU holder's pins is a good idea and will do so the next time [UGH!] I open up the computer again.
    - In sum, is the moded F9d as safe and trouble-free of problems with drivers etc. as the standard F9d beta bios? This is next on my list. After that, combination and permutations of the memory sticks [but I don't think they are the problem - at all]. Last, will be a check of the pins under the CPU, but I don't think the CPU would be passing the Intel test if there was a problem...though I could be wrong. Strangely the Intel CPU test sees and reports all the RAM! Only BIOS doesn't.

Thanks for all your help, several of you. I'm too financially-challenged at the moment to buy a new MB, memory and CPU. [even the used 990X was not cheap!] This rig has to last another year or so. If I must, I'll get other memory, but what is sold now is almost all for newer boards. Please flash, go well!
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 v.1 [F9d Bios] with i7-990X
    Lian Li PC-B-25F Case
    Be Quiet BQT P7-Pro 750W
    Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X 1GB DDR5
    Corsair XMS-3 24GB 2000 CL 9-9-9-24
    Noctua NH D-14
    6 TB SATA II storage; 12 TB SATA III AF
    3 24" LCD screens w/Eyefinity, 9 Multi-Desktops

boe323 is offline Member

You can force recovery by holding the power button ...it will start ...and shut off ...maybe need to do it twice ...motherboard will think its faulty and flash backup ....or tap alt and f10 at startup to flash backup to main ....I would go for the latest modded bios though ...plenty of compatability fixes.
    A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Flashing the BIOS on Z77 and later Gigabyte boards is fairly common and easy using Qflash. You can flash whatever BIOS you want to either of the BIOS onboard. Normally I would recommend flashing the latest non-beta to both the main and backup, try and get stable, then experiment with the main BIOS and see what works best for you.
    Remember, you can run with the BIOS switch in either position to access either main or backup, and you can flash either BIOS.

Why not go ahead and start a post in the main section and we will try to work with you. But although @bios has always seemed trouble free to me, because of having to flash inside the OS environment with it, many people (me too) will recommend using Qflash instead.
    Read the sticky on using Qflash.
    PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
    Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy

Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block

SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/4.8@1.38 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30

boe323 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by boondocks View Post
    Flashing the BIOS on Z77 and later Gigabyte boards is fairly common and easy using Qflash. You can flash whatever BIOS you want to either of the BIOS onboard. Normally I would recommend flashing the latest non-beta to both the main and backup, try and get stable, then experiment with the main BIOS and see what works best for you.
    Remember, you can run with the BIOS switch in either position to access either main or backup, and you can flash either BIOS.

Why not go ahead and start a post in the main section and we will try to work with you. But although @bios has always seemed trouble free to me, because of having to flash inside the OS environment with it, many people (me too) will recommend using Qflash instead.
    Read the sticky on using Qflash.
    He cant use @BIOS at the moment though boondocks ...his pc is unstable ...will have to use qflash ....f8 in bios.
    A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING WORKS PROPERLY

Quote Originally Posted by boe323 View Post
    He cant use @BIOS at the moment though boondocks ...his pc is unstable ...will have to use qflash ....f8 in bios.
    Yeah, I just wanted to throw that in there....in the future he can decide if he wants to flash inside the OS for common updates but that some consider it risky.

Thread Information