Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 893 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 393793843883891892893894895903943993 ... LastLast
Results 8,921 to 8,930 of 10847

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by Georgo94 View Post
    Hi

Is there any ETA on stable, official BIOS for GA-Z77X-UD4H ? This board has ~2 years now and since it was released there was no stable, official BIOS for it. I really like GIGABYTE for their mobos. Every motherboard I bought was a GIGABYTE product, but this is just pathetic. You (GIGABYTE) must test motherboard before you release it.
    I have huge problem with rear VIA USB 3.0 ports. I have 2 devices connected to these ports and what happens is that sometimes (very often) they just stop working. For example If I connect keyboard to rear VIA USB it may stop working. Sometimes when just typing in MS word and sometimes when playing games. It can even happen when turning on the computer. If I connect the same keyboard to Intel USB 3.0 rear ports it will work flawlessly. Every USB device I have behave the same. They are working in Intel port, but working from time to time when connected to VIA port.
    I really almost did have a heart attack after seeing this post. SOMEONE ELSE actually has this mobo as well and noticed ZERO support for it or the HD4 (was anything with "4" in the Z77 lineup an afterthought of an afterthought?)!? I've been posting here for the past ~8 months, and nothing seems to come out of it. Beta BIOS's are on Gigabyte's site dated March or before of 2013. Not one single non beta release. The chances of an actual real BIOS coming out are probably slim at this point, similar to the chances of me ever purchasing another Gigabyte motherboard for myself or anyone else I build machines for. Its a shame, I really did like the quality, and the phone support is excellent/knowledgeable/friendly if you ever did need to call in for a technical question. I suppose if you buy a popular model, this brand is still a good choice, but I don't want to play that lottery anymore, nor be limited. Its not worth my time. BIOS's are not in testing for a half a year, its more like "shelved for good".

Georgo94, as far as getting things to work, I suggest just using the internal mobo headers and getting a cheap back plate to connect them to if you need more peripheral ports that are non USB3. I disabled the VIA USB ports upon installing, as this just looked like a problem based on some reviews I found online about their performance of said ports. Other than that, I give up - refer to the previous paragraph.
    Last edited by gbbios; 02-25-2014 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    New BIOS:

GA-Z87X-OC Force - F9a
    GA-Z87X-OC - F8a
    G1.Sniper Z87 - F3b
    GA-Z87X-D3H - F9a
    GA-Z87MX-D3H - F7a
    GA-Z87M-D3H - F10a
    GA-Z87-D3HP - F7a
    GA-Z87-HD3 - F8a
    GA-Z87X-HD3 - F8a
    GA-Z87M-HD3 - F9a
    GA-Z87N-WiFi - F6a
    GA-Z87P-D3 - F8a
    GA-Z87P-D3 - F8a

- Improve system compability
    - 06-18.Feb 14
    Latest Z87M-D3H F10a make baseclock down to 99.76MHz on Auto mode. With F8, F9, about 99.98 - 100MHz.

CPU-Z Validator 4.0

stasio is offline GIGABYTE Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Zanr Zij View Post
    Latest Z87M-D3H F10a make baseclock down to 99.76MHz on Auto mode. With F8, F9, about 99.98 - 100MHz.

CPU-Z Validator 4.0
    Mostly every Beta BIOS is like this...use Manual mode setting.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

CageJ is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CageJ View Post
    Problem when is Intel Virtual Tech enabled, is lowering FSB clock, is fixed? When I enable it, i get back 95-98MHz...

Still no answer ? Guys I really need this... its a serious bug for developer SW.

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    F8a for OC removed from OP.

Edit:
    Need to "Off" and "On" PSU (5-6 sec) to boot.
    results in an 8 code and video out showing a black screen with cursor.

still no post.

never no love for the x79 ud7

Quote Originally Posted by gbbios View Post
    I really almost did have a heart attack after seeing this post. SOMEONE ELSE actually has this mobo as well and noticed ZERO support for it or the HD4 (was anything with "4" in the Z77 lineup an afterthought of an afterthought?)!? I've been posting here for the past ~8 months, and nothing seems to come out of it. Beta BIOS's are on Gigabyte's site dated March or before of 2013. Not one single non beta release. The chances of an actual real BIOS coming out are probably slim at this point, similar to the chances of me ever purchasing another Gigabyte motherboard for myself or anyone else I build machines for. Its a shame, I really did like the quality, and the phone support is excellent/knowledgeable/friendly if you ever did need to call in for a technical question. I suppose if you buy a popular model, this brand is still a good choice, but I don't want to play that lottery anymore, nor be limited. Its not worth my time. BIOS's are not in testing for a half a year, its more like "shelved for good".

Georgo94, as far as getting things to work, I suggest just using the internal mobo headers and getting a cheap back plate to connect them to if you need more peripheral ports that are non USB3. I disabled the VIA USB ports upon installing, as this just looked like a problem based on some reviews I found online about their performance of said ports. Other than that, I give up - refer to the previous paragraph.

I absolutely agree.

I bought a Gigabyte X79-UP4 Rev1.0 on February 2013 .. I have been a Gigabyte customer for over 12 years and I assembled many PCs for friends of mine with my advice to buy a Gigabyte motherboard.
    After the atrocious BIOS support for X79-UP4 I won't be buying Gigabyte boards anymore. Other Z77 motherboards I used to assemble some new PCs in an office are plagued with serious BIOS bugs too and I had to waste a lot of time finding partial workarounds there.. those people weren't happy at all just like me indeed.
    Gigabyte dropped support on all X79 Rev.1.0 boards now.. they are releasing updated BIOSes only for the newer X79 Rev1.1 boards. That is beyond silly. Expensive flagship motherboards should get at least 5 years proper BIOS support meaning no major bugs and issues. At least for Intel boards until Intel keeps giving the OEMs new updates that the OEMs should release to their customers.
    Instead... these new Gigabyte managers just don't care.
    In the past years Gigabyte was top-notch with rock-solid products, BIOSes rarely had any bugs .. surely nothing major affecting stability.
    Nowadays instead it's a huge mess. Something you could expect from a small OEM manufacturer selling ultra-cheap motherboards maybe... surely not from once was a top-notch one selling expensive boards.
    A friend of mine a few days ago asked me to upgrade his old Socket775 PC with a Gigabyte board I assembled for him some years ago to a LGA1150 35Watt TDP CPU system... this time I told him to buy an ASUS Z87 motherboard that is still actively supported with new BIOS releases ... surely it won't have as many critical bugs as the ones reported on Gigabyte motherboards everywhere and not just on this forum.
    Yeah buying an Intel one maybe could have been an even better option.. which I might go for when I will start changing my systems again. Gigabyte no more. I am stuck with the Gigabyte boards I got anyway .. but I doubt I will get any official BIOS support anymore.... and with all the known bugs fixed.

Jamin280672 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deboyzfun View Post
    never no love for the x79 ud7
    Ive been looking at x79 boards here in the UK, particular, the Gigabyte Assassin 2 and to me it looks very much like x79 is dying, ive not seen the assassin 2 in any stores here for months, and other boards which are slowly going out of stock are not being replaced, I think everyone is getting ready for Haswell-E, which will be x99, I think x79 is already at EOL, same thing happened to me when I was on x58.

yeah then they shouldn't offer a 5 year guarantee, I have current 1150 motherboards, I just like a variety, but if they don't function well or have no support or only beta bioses what good are they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamin280672 View Post
    Ive been looking at x79 boards here in the UK, particular, the Gigabyte Assassin 2 and to me it looks very much like x79 is dying, ive not seen the assassin 2 in any stores here for months, and other boards which are slowly going out of stock are not being replaced, I think everyone is getting ready for Haswell-E, which will be x99, I think x79 is already at EOL, same thing happened to me when I was on x58.

Quote Originally Posted by gbbios View Post
    Thank You for your answer and advice gbbios. After many hours of work I've managed to get these VIA ports to work. Here is what I did. I took all of my USB devices out of the VIA rear ports, turned my PC off, took off battery, reset CMOS, loaded the same BIOS settings I had, uninstalled VIA drivers, installed VIA drives v. 4.20B and then plugged only a USB mouse. It was working fine. After a few minutes of moving mouse around my desk I've plugged my keyboard next to mouse. I've played some games and it was working fine, no problems at all. Until I've plugged some more "USB demanding" devices like WI-Fi N card or DAC. With mouse, keyboard and wifi card plugged nothing really happened until I started downloading files from internet. There were connection problems, sometimes low transfer, or almost no connection at all. I checked internet connection on other computer and it was all good. To see if I can overload VIA chip even more I connected a DAC. When I was listening to HQ ( 5000kbps+ bitrate) music sometimes tracks were pausing for a few seconds, and when I was downloading files and listening to music problems were even more frequent. I've came to conclusion that VIA chip must be overloaded when using too much USB devices at once. Which is quite ridiculous. To get it to work I've plugged "USB demanding" devices to Intel ports and less demanding to VIA and everything works fine. For now.

Thread Information