Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 91 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191591 ... LastLast

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by tijgert View Post
    Nice looking tool, download location? (perhaps it should be in the tools section...).

Also, I'll be completely re-evaluating voltages now. I'd cranked up pretty much all of them 0.1v 'to be safe', perhaps I just made it unstable.
    Quote Originally Posted by euonline View Post
    Can someone post the LINK for donwload this "new tool" ???
    i7 Turbo 4.2 Created By Unclewebb (RealTemp Author)

If Turbo mode is enabled in the bios then placing a check mark beside this option should Disable your Turbo. If Turbo mode isn't enabled in the bios then selecting this shouldn't do anything
    http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/3/3/1794507/Turbo.zip

Final version should be coming soon with it's own page at XS

Works great, I have been messing with the past few versions and they have all worked fine! This will not though re-enable your Turbo after a S3 resume , tested that myself when he first gave me the version with Turbo Enable/Disable

ehm.. url?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

ehm.. url?
    Ehm... it is posted above and always was???

Are you sleepy? I know I am, but yes it is there and as you can see I have not edited that post, but I did this one so you could tell
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 05-10-2009 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Show Edit

Any word on a new EX58-UD4P BIOS? The latest F8a is over a month old, and is pretty crappy to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by lsdmeasap View Post
    i7 turbo 4.2 created by unclewebb (realtemp author)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/3/3/1794507/turbo.zip

final version should be coming soon with it's own page at xs

works great, i have been messing with the past few versions and they have all worked fine! This will not though re-enable your turbo after a s3 resume , tested that myself when he first gave me the version with turbo enable/disable

Thanks!
    Xeon W3540 : Gigabyte UD5 : Vertex 60GB : WD Green 1.5TB : WD Green 1TB : GSKill PC16000 6GB CL7 : GTX580 : Water Cooled by EK : Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_recon88 View Post
    Any word on a new EX58-UD4P BIOS? The latest F8a is over a month old, and is pretty crappy to be honest.
    What's wrong with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Ya, you should not have issues with S3 at such low clocks, can you post your settings you are using? Template will be below, sounds like you are either not using enough voltage, or something on Auto that you need to set
    that's very likely, i left the CPU at auto and bumped the memory controller and dimm voltages just a litte bit. i guess it was puzzling to me because the thing is rock solid in mprime and memtest86 with that setup, it just fails to return from sleep most of the time. clearly i dont know anything about overclocking (well, i mean, i design asics for a living so i understand what it's all about) but of course there are a zillion voltages that are controllable and its hard to know which ones are relevant. i suppose i need to bump the CPU voltage a bit and try again. i'm working on another build right now but soon i'll post my settings. thanks for the reply, i appreciate it.

Are you sleepy? I know I am, but yes it is there and as you can see I have not edited that post, but I did this one so you could tell
    Actually I am a bit fatigued as I should've clarified that I'd like the url to the thread on XS about this little jewel.

I'm confused about GA-X48-DS4 bios version, I grabbed one called F3C a couple weeks ago and now on the april 24th day there was released F3B. If I posted smilies I'd post one with the eyes circling in confusing countercyclic orbits. Was f3c withdrawn for some dangerousness in it? Should I immediately replace it with the newer F3b?

( note to person complaining about x58-ds4, ha, for x48-ds4 is only like 3rd bios update they've bothered with for my poor expensive friend that still has latency issues, ds4 is the very unloved stepchild in all lines I guess )

Actually I am a bit fatigued as I should've clarified that I'd like the url to the thread on XS about this little jewel.
    i haven't seen any specific threads yet, but unclewebb mentions the new turbo tool version and provides a link in the realtemp thread:
    XtremeSystems Forums - View Single Post - Real Temp - New temp program for Intel Core processors
    i7 950, Gigabyte EX58A-UD3R (2.0), 3x4GB G.Skill PC3-12800, HD 6970

Thread Information