Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 957 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 45785790794795595695795895996710071057 ... LastLast
Results 9,561 to 9,570 of 10847

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Hello ! I'm from Russia don't know English use electronic translator

I founded on the page http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...a-bios-13.html

the BIOS for my motherboard GA Z87X ud4h motherboard version F10 question )))this is the latest version or

beta?? why the GIGABYTE website only F10b))))
    Last edited by Djinn369; 10-01-2014 at 10:01 AM.

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

^
    Send answer via PM....(no need 3 PM for one question).
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

sorry with the settings didn't understand PM

HainKurt is offline Junior Member

Hi guys, I just installed Win7 Ultimate N on Z97X-UD5H and I am having some issues with fan controls...

I am using Phanteks Luxe Case which has PWM Hub. I also use Corsair H110. Case has 3 fans (200mm front + 140mm top, 140mm rear)

I connected H110 pump cable to cpu_opt and set it as normal (rpm varies between 600-1500)
    I connected cpu_fan to case pwm hub and all the rest of the fans to hub. fan1 on hub is connected to top 140mm case fan, and hub should be reading rpm from this fan. Fan 4 & fan5 is connected to H110 fans (they are 4 pins, but working fine with 3 pins on hub)

so far so good. I can see all fans are up & running and speeds up with cpu load/temp...

my issue: when I start my pc, all fans run at full speed no matter what i do in bios... then, when i launch app center and then click one of these two app, "System Information Viewer" or "EasyTune" fans slow down to 600-700 rpm and my system gets quiter... if I dont use these apps, all fans run at full speed and I cannot control them... what I am doing wrong here?

More info on hub: FAN1 is used to read rpm. it has 6 fan output, 2-6 can be used with Y splitter to control total 2x5+1=11 fans. below is not from my pc but just a reference...

Attachment 7277

I appreciate if you help...

Note: Im using F8 Bios & my board is Rev 1.0, My OS is 64bit
    Last edited by HainKurt; 10-03-2014 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HainKurt View Post
    Hi guys, I just installed Win7 Ultimate N on Z97X-UD5H and I am having some issues with fan controls...

I am using Phanteks Luxe Case which has PWM Hub. I also use Corsair H110. Case has 3 fans (200mm front + 140mm top, 140mm rear)

I connected H110 pump cable to cpu_opt and set it as normal (rpm varies between 600-1500)
    I connected cpu_fan to case pwm hub and all the rest of the fans to hub. fan1 on hub is connected to top 140mm case fan, and hub should be reading rpm from this fan. Fan 4 & fan5 is connected to H110 fans (they are 4 pins, but working fine with 3 pins on hub)

so far so good. I can see all fans are up & running and speeds up with cpu load/temp...

my issue: when I start my pc, all fans run at full speed no matter what i do in bios... then, when i launch app center and then click one of these two app, "System Information Viewer" or "EasyTune" fans slow down to 600-700 rpm and my system gets quiter... if I dont use these apps, all fans run at full speed and I cannot control them... what I am doing wrong here?

More info on hub: FAN1 is used to read rpm. it has 6 fan output, 2-6 can be used with Y splitter to control total 2x5+1=11 fans. below is not from my pc but just a reference...

I appreciate if you help...

Note: Im using F8 Bios & my board is Rev 1.0, My OS is 64bit
    I don't entirely get what you're doing with the fans here, but what I'm learning is Gigabyte fan control and software absolutely sucks. You should have bought an Asus.

With that said, the water fan is not a variable pump speed, it can only run at two speeds: 0 and full. If it's reading any other speed that's not good.

Here is what I'd do:

1. reset BIOS to defaults
    2. boot into Windows and load up system information viewer (SIV) and select "Calibrate" to calibrate the fans. This stores some XML files in the profiles directory of SIV.
    3. set the fan profile you want in SIV, I suggest "quiet"

That should work at least for a while until your board or the Gigabyte software f's up again.

Quote Originally Posted by pwrUSR1900 View Post
    I don't entirely get what you're doing with the fans here, but what I'm learning is Gigabyte fan control and software absolutely sucks. You should have bought an Asus.

With that said, the water fan is not a variable pump speed, it can only run at two speeds: 0 and full. If it's reading any other speed that's not good.

Here is what I'd do:

1. reset BIOS to defaults
    2. boot into Windows and load up system information viewer (SIV) and select "Calibrate" to calibrate the fans. This stores some XML files in the profiles directory of SIV.
    3. set the fan profile you want in SIV, I suggest "quiet"

That should work at least for a while until your board or the Gigabyte software f's up again.
    Hi,

water pump speed: this is connected to cpu_opt and set to normal in bios. System Information viewer shows the RPM, it is changing based on load, initially it is 625-630 rpm (i cannot see & hear this but this is what i see from hw monitor, speedfan & gb tools)

cpu_fan is connected to hub, and fan1 on hub is connected to my top fan (where rpm is read, white connector on hub)

issue is this: even if i select quite mode for cpu_fan, my fans run @ 1200-1400 rpm, which is very loud (this rpm comes from my top fan because it is connected to FAN1 on hub which is connected to CPU_FAN on GB Board)... and whenever i open any tool in app center (System Information Viewer or EasyTune, my settings are getting activated and fans start slowing down, to 800 rpm, which looks correct settings in SmartFan Advanced (i created a slope here, temp/workload/rpm)). I dont want to use these tools, and i want to control them using bios...

CPU_OPT: run in quite mode
    CPU_FAN: run in quite mode (if possible dont run at all) & increase speed based on temp/load (which is connected to hub that controls all fans)

and I want to do this from bios, not from the tools in windows...

I'd plug the pump into CPU_FAN IMO, and the hub into a case fan header.

The reason SIV is taking over is because that's what it does. I think the only way around it is to uninstall SIV, or delete it's profile XML files from the directory they are in. If Gigabyte made better software, SIV would give you the option to use it or the BIOS with some kind of option.

From memory I believe the fan profile XML files are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Gigabyte\SIV\Profiles. Delete all XML files in there, reboot, and see what happens. It also never hurts to set BIOS to defaults again to clear whatever settings or black magic SIV has done.

If that still does not help, and SIV keeps taking over, you'll need to uninstall SIV and again set BIOS to defaults.

Good luck and let the forum know what you find. I know other people have to be having issues with these boards and fan speeds

Quote Originally Posted by pwrUSR1900 View Post
    I'd plug the pump into CPU_FAN IMO, and the hub into a case fan header.

The reason SIV is taking over is because that's what it does. I think the only way around it is to uninstall SIV, or delete it's profile XML files from the directory they are in. If Gigabyte made better software, SIV would give you the option to use it or the BIOS with some kind of option.

From memory I believe the fan profile XML files are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Gigabyte\SIV\Profiles. Delete all XML files in there, reboot, and see what happens. It also never hurts to set BIOS to defaults again to clear whatever settings or black magic SIV has done.

If that still does not help, and SIV keeps taking over, you'll need to uninstall SIV and again set BIOS to defaults.

Good luck and let the forum know what you find. I know other people have to be having issues with these boards and fan speeds

I set CPU_FAN to quite & manual (0.75% PWM) and HW Monitor shows now 1140RPM (which is loud, i want it to run @ ~700RPM, if possible lower, or just do not run)

right now: SIV does not overwrite anything (manual or quite mode)

SYSTEM = 22C
    PCH = 30C
    CPU = 17C

CPU_FAN = 1140RPM (this is read from top case fan since i connected that to FAN1 on HUB which is connected to CPU_FAN, and my hub controls all fans. 1140 RPM is almost top speed i guess, very loud)

Here is the case
    Phanteks- Enthoo Luxe

and I guess it is using "Phanteks PH-F140TS 140mm Case Fan" with RPM 1200 10 % (and 1140 is like max for this fan)
    Phanteks- PH-F140TS

Now, CPU_FAN in manual mode (with 0.75 PWM Value), CPU_OPT is in normal mode, and SIV or any other tool does not do anything...

Looks like when CPU_FAN is in normal mode, SIV or EasyTune just overwrites the settings when we launch the application...

But I dont want to use any of those tools and want to have a silent PC using just the tools in BIOS :)

By the way, CPU_FAN, CPU_OPT, SYS_FANX (X=1,2,3) all controlled same way from bios (normal, manual, quite, full)... so connecting pump to CPU_OPT or CPU_FAN does not make any difference... and looks like fan inside the pump (on Corsair H110 Cooler) is actually variable and can be controlled by BIOS... because wherever i connect that, i get meaningful RPM values (CPU_OPT or FAN1 on HUB even though it is 3 pin)...

issue remains same: get a silence PC without using any tool, just BIOS...

Konally is offline Junior Member

In the bios of the G1 Sniper M5, there is no setting to disable spread spectrum. It's causing the frequency of the clock speed and bus speed to display wrong. Please make an option to disable it, if possible, please

Quote Originally Posted by HainKurt View Post
    I set CPU_FAN to quite & manual (0.75% PWM) and HW Monitor shows now 1140RPM (which is loud, i want it to run @ ~700RPM, if possible lower, or just do not run)

right now: SIV does not overwrite anything (manual or quite mode)

SYSTEM = 22C
    PCH = 30C
    CPU = 17C

CPU_FAN = 1140RPM (this is read from top case fan since i connected that to FAN1 on HUB which is connected to CPU_FAN, and my hub controls all fans. 1140 RPM is almost top speed i guess, very loud)

Here is the case
    Phanteks- Enthoo Luxe

and I guess it is using "Phanteks PH-F140TS 140mm Case Fan" with RPM 1200 10 % (and 1140 is like max for this fan)
    Phanteks- PH-F140TS

Now, CPU_FAN in manual mode (with 0.75 PWM Value), CPU_OPT is in normal mode, and SIV or any other tool does not do anything...

Looks like when CPU_FAN is in normal mode, SIV or EasyTune just overwrites the settings when we launch the application...

But I dont want to use any of those tools and want to have a silent PC using just the tools in BIOS :)

By the way, CPU_FAN, CPU_OPT, SYS_FANX (X=1,2,3) all controlled same way from bios (normal, manual, quite, full)... so connecting pump to CPU_OPT or CPU_FAN does not make any difference... and looks like fan inside the pump (on Corsair H110 Cooler) is actually variable and can be controlled by BIOS... because wherever i connect that, i get meaningful RPM values (CPU_OPT or FAN1 on HUB even though it is 3 pin)...

issue remains same: get a silence PC without using any tool, just BIOS...
    Yeah... uhh, so try the steps I posted to you above. Did you not read my post at all?

Thread Information