Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 958 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 45885890894895695795895996096810081058 ... LastLast
Results 9,571 to 9,580 of 10862

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

HainKurt is offline Junior Member

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by pwrUSR1900 View Post
    Yeah... uhh, so try the steps I posted to you above. Did you not read my post at all?
    I did, but right now SIV does not do anything... because I set them to manual mode or silent mode... if it is normal mode in bios, as soon as i start those tools from app center, my fan speeds changing (dropping)

my issue is i dont want to use any tool just bios...

now, I connected pump to CPU_FAN (normal mode) and hub to CPU_OPT (silent mode)

HW Monitor says:

FAN1 = 1500RPM
    FAN2 = 1240 RPM (this is from hub, which is from 140mm top case fan) which is max! but I set this to silent in BIOS!

and by the way, sound is coming from H110 Corsair Cooler fans, not from Phanteks fans :) as soon as i removed those Corsair cooler fans from FAN4 & FAN5 on hub, sound is gone...

maybe i should connect hub to SYS_FANX (1,2,3) and try those ones...

or get a Y splitter and combine two Corsair H110 cooler fans into 1 and remove it from hub and use SYS_FANX on board and try those settings separately... dunno what to do now, i dont have Y splitter (4 pin) right now to test all other options...
    Last edited by HainKurt; 10-03-2014 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HainKurt View Post
    I did, but right now SIV does not do anything... because I set them to manual mode or silent mode... if it is normal mode in bios, as soon as i start those tools from app center, my fan speeds changing (dropping)

my issue is i dont want to use any tool just bios...

now, I connected pump to CPU_FAN (normal mode) and hub to CPU_OPT (silent mode)

HW Monitor says:

FAN1 = 1500RPM
    FAN2 = 1240 RPM (this is from hub, which is from 140mm top case fan) which is max! but I set this to silent in BIOS!

and by the way, sound is coming from H110 Corsair Cooler fans, not from Phanteks fans :) as soon as i removed those Corsair cooler fans from FAN4 & FAN5 on hub, sound is gone...

maybe i should connect hub to SYS_FANX (1,2,3) and try those ones...

or get a Y splitter and combine two Corsair H110 cooler fans into 1 and remove it from hub and use SYS_FANX on board and try those settings separately... dunno what to do now, i dont have Y splitter (4 pin) right now to test all other options...

Exactly, you want to use the BIOS, which is why I said to remove the profiles for SIV, reset BIOS to defaults to undo any changes SIV made. You may have to just uninstall SIV altogether.

Euroka :)

I just removed the power from my Phanteks hub (left of fan, accross the CPU_FAN header) and fan speed dropped to 480 idle (1240 at full load, using IntelBurnTest)

Now, config is like:

pump >>> CPU_FAN on board (normal: 1500RPM)
    CPU_OPT (quite mode) >>> CPU_FAN on HUB
    All fans connected to hub (FAN1 is connected to top 140mm Case fan) (2 cooler fan + 200mm case fan + 140mm rear fan + 140mm top fan)
    HUB power is disconnected (no extra juice for hub)

Readings:

CPU_FAN : 1500RPM
    CPU_OPT : 480 RPM

and my pc is silent :)

now issue is: 5 fan (2 cooler fan + 200mm case fan + 140mm rear fan + 140mm top fan) connected to hub which is connected to CPU_OPT, is it dangerous to do so? can my board give enough power? or my board fries at some point?
    should i get a Y splitter and connect 2 cooler fan to CPU_FAN (and run in silent mode), pump to CPU_OPT (run in normal or full speed), HUB to SYS_FANX (silent mode)???

But now I understand what is happening... power to hub makes everything messed up and my fans cannot go below 800-1000 RPM on idle (of 1200+/- %10) which is like max all the time...

ViRuS2k is offline Member

Any news Stasio mate about the Force soc z97 bios ?

My new config & results

My problem is solved by removing extra juice on PWM hub that I am using (see the hub picture, the one on left)
    I removed the power from hub and everything seems ok now and it does not matter if I connect my hub to cpu_fan or cpu_opt or any sys_fanx (x=1,2,3)
    I can control my hubs connected to hub using bios...

but when I connect 12v to hub, everything gets out of control! and my fans do not drop 75% of max RPM and very loud...

now, tehy are working like 400-500 RPM and silent

My New config is:

H110 pumb >>> CPU_OPT (board)
    CPU_FAN (board) >>> CPU_FAN (hub)
    Fan1 of Cooler >>> Fan4 (hub)
    Fan2 of Cooler >>> Fan5 (hub)
    140mm case fan on top >>> Fan1 (hub) : this is where readings are done
    200mm front >>> SYS_FAN1 (board)
    140mm rear >>> SYS_FAN2 (board)

My readings:

CPU_FAN (normal) : 1513
    CPU_OPT (quite) : 627
    SYS_FAN1 (normal) : 306 (if i make quite, it is stopping sometimes since it is 200mm, max rpm = 800 +/- 250, Phanteks PH-F200SP Computer Case Radiator Fan
    SYS_FAN2 (quite) :544

Temperatures:

SYSTEM : 27C
    PCH : 34C
    CPU : 20C

and I cannot hear anything from 1M away GB is great, the guy who built the system initially sucks :)

retro is offline Junior Member

X99-Gaming-G1 F8d

I've been provided the above bios to sort out what seems to be a X99 platform issue with PCIe soundcards. Before this bios, my Asus Xonar Essence STX refused to output any audio, but now it works just fine.

Konally is offline Junior Member

In the bios of the G1 Sniper M5, what I meant to say is that the frequencies are not accurate, so the i7 that's 3.50 GHz is showing as 3.49 GHz and if overclocked you're not getting the full performance on benchmarks and it is so annoying that something like this has occurred. The spread spectrum seems to be the cause, but it can't be disabled. On my last 775 motherboard, it could. I'm not sure why a simple option like that wouldn't be in an even newer motherboard, I had no idea that something like this happened. There is nothing that I can do, so if the CPU is supposed to be running at 3.90 GHz, it will show in the bios and CPU-Z in windows as 3891. This is so annoying. Please if possible, remove spread spectrum or allow it to be disabled. I'm sure that there are other users that are annoyed and frustrated by this. I really hope it is taken into consideration, if it is possible to fix

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Konally View Post
    In the bios of the G1 Sniper M5, what I meant to say is that the frequencies are not accurate, so the i7 that's 3.50 GHz is showing as 3.49 GHz and if overclocked you're not getting the full performance on benchmarks and it is so annoying that something like this has occurred. The spread spectrum seems to be the cause, but it can't be disabled. On my last 775 motherboard, it could. I'm not sure why a simple option like that wouldn't be in an even newer motherboard, I had no idea that something like this happened. There is nothing that I can do, so if the CPU is supposed to be running at 3.90 GHz, it will show in the bios and CPU-Z in windows as 3891. This is so annoying. Please if possible, remove spread spectrum or allow it to be disabled. I'm sure that there are other users that are annoyed and frustrated by this. I really hope it is taken into consideration, if it is possible to fix
    Can you show pic in BIOS..MIT Current Status or display from Gigabyte SIV application.
    Btw,
    set in BIOS...CPU Base Clock from "Auto" to "Manual".

And I hope you know that CPU-Z has BUG...reading CPU VID and Core Speed.
    For Z87 series use CPU-Z 1.64.0 (all correct) or any Gigabyte brand CPU-Z....OC or G1 (wrong Vcore).

AIDA64 and HWiNFO reading correctly.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Konally is offline Junior Member

Attachment 7278

That is how it looks in the bios, too and I set base clock to manual.

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

Set multi to x36....
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W