Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 964 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 46486491495496296396496596697410141064 ... LastLast
Results 9,631 to 9,640 of 10848

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Hi, I'm getting BIOS boot loops on both F7 and F8e BIOS on my GA-X99-Gaming G1 WIFI whenever I use the CPU upgrade options.

Here's what happens:

1. Select the i7-5960X 4.3GHz upgrade setting in the Bios, then save and exit.
    2. The system will boot into Windows and work perfectly (I can run benchmarks, stress tests, etc).
    3. The next time I reboot, I'll get a boot loop on the Gigabyte boot screen.
    4. I switch off the power supply, then turn the system on again.
    5. System boots into Windows, but no longer has the 4.3GHz setting.

This is frustrating because the system is perfectly stable in Windows. Please advise.

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    ^
    If you have major issue,please report to GB Techical Support:
    GIGABYTE - eSupport
    is their a bug report site? I h ad assumed thats where you sent me but it appears to be a support site.

Dont need support - nothing they can do unless they have a new bios. Apart from issues with stability (which may or may not be related to the following) No matter what i changed related to memory, it doesnt update with the F10 range of bios'

While im attracted to the labeling of (improved devils canyon performance) even though im unsure what it relates to specifically, and newer usually means better.... if i dont set my memory timings/voltages etc upon first boot wth the new bios, thats it. They cant be updated after the fact.

The bios speed/timings never change no matter waht i set them to, nor does it change within windows. In order to change the timings I have to reflash the bios - then I get one shot at it again. I dealt with this full rinse/repeat ordeal for awhile while dialing my memory in, but then gave up and went back to F9 where all my issues disappeared.

Could be wrong but unless theirs a shortcut key for a super secret service menu for the uefi, i dont think anything exists i havent tried so ive been patiently waiting for a F10d or a F10 whql for lack of a better label.

Anyhow, where can we submit bug reports? I mentioned this before in this thread - along with another guy but it seems to have been ignored at the time and lost in the clutter. Would hate to see the bios be pushed to "live" (again for lack of a better term) with the bug still present.

6 months wihout an update for z97mx gaming5.

Thanks gigacr*p

Stil didnt fix the pcie gen 3 bug, the slow motion bios boot bug, the poor oc capability...

JakeChambers is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by nobugsonme View Post

Thanks gigacr*p

Stil didnt fix the pcie gen 3 bug, the slow motion bios boot bug, the poor oc capability...
    Join the club!
    Same here on my z97m-d3h:
    PCIE Gen 3 causes extreme system slowdown every second boot / cold boot, slow motion booting...
    only way to "fix" this is to set PCIE Gen 2 or setting BCLK to below 100mhz which then causes instability leading to a hard reset which resets the BIOS configuration every second boot / or on cold boot.

There have been cold bug fixes for x99 boards in the past.

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

Quote Originally Posted by nobugsonme View Post

Thanks gigacr*p

6 months .......

F4.......4 months 20 days
    F5a.....3 months 7 days
    F5b.....1 month 19 days

Generally,
    agreed with slowing down Z97 BIOS updating,due to X99.
    Last edited by stasio; 10-23-2014 at 02:20 PM.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

I am not sure if this is the correct place for this post.

I am using f9e bios on X99-UD4. My 5820k is stable at 4.3 GHz, 1.25 vcore, on air. I can push it higher, but then the temps climb a lot and I have to increase vcore above 1.33.

When I try to overclock my RAM (Crucial BLS4K4G4D240FSA), I cannot resume the computer from S3 sleep. I can get stable at 13-13-13-33-1T timings at 2666 MHz with 1.35 V. When I try to resume from sleep, I can hear the computer power cycling every 5 seconds, like it can't boot because of incorrect BIOS settings. If the computer does not go to sleep, everything is fine. The PSU is good (eVGA Supernova 750W G2), so the problem is some setting in the motherboard, or a bug in the BIOS. I lean towards it being a bug, but I'm not sure.

I had boot issues before even starting to overclock, but they were fixed by flashing f9e bios AND resetting it to optimized defaults after flashing.

Thanks!

basschilperoord is offline Junior Member

Sorry Stasio, but where did the Hard Disk Drive and Solid State Disk options go in SATA settings for GA-X99-UD4? I can't seem to find those anymore, are they removed for some reason?

Thanks.

I just noticed that my GA-X58A-UD7 [ver. 1] board has an old BIOS on the backup chip. The main BIOS is the latest one and fine. I forgot and an internet search of this huge thread and another on flashing BIOS didn't provide the answer....how do I put the BIOS from the main chip onto the Backup Chip?! Thanks.
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 v.1 [F9d Bios] with i7-990X
    Lian Li PC-B-25F Case
    Be Quiet BQT P7-Pro 750W
    Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X 1GB DDR5
    Corsair XMS-3 24GB 2000 CL 9-9-9-24
    Noctua NH D-14
    6 TB SATA II storage; 12 TB SATA III AF
    3 24" LCD screens w/Eyefinity, 9 Multi-Desktops

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

Quote Originally Posted by crazybear View Post
    I just noticed that my GA-X58A-UD7 [ver. 1] board has an old BIOS on the backup chip. The main BIOS is the latest one and fine. I forgot and an internet search of this huge thread and another on flashing BIOS didn't provide the answer....how do I put the BIOS from the main chip onto the Backup Chip?! Thanks.
    First page (post) of this sticky.......Backup BIOS reflash:

Quote Originally Posted by basschilperoord View Post
    Sorry Stasio, but where did the Hard Disk Drive and Solid State Disk options go in SATA settings for GA-X99-UD4? I can't seem to find those anymore, are they removed for some reason?

Thanks.
    Manual page #60 and above.

Quote Originally Posted by dbman190 View Post
    I am not sure if this is the correct place for this post.

I am using f9e bios on X99-UD4. My 5820k is stable at 4.3 GHz, 1.25 vcore, on air. I can push it higher, but then the temps climb a lot and I have to increase vcore above 1.33.

When I try to overclock my RAM (Crucial BLS4K4G4D240FSA), I cannot resume the computer from S3 sleep. I can get stable at 13-13-13-33-1T timings at 2666 MHz with 1.35 V. When I try to resume from sleep, I can hear the computer power cycling every 5 seconds, like it can't boot because of incorrect BIOS settings. If the computer does not go to sleep, everything is fine. The PSU is good (eVGA Supernova 750W G2), so the problem is some setting in the motherboard, or a bug in the BIOS. I lean towards it being a bug, but I'm not sure.

I had boot issues before even starting to overclock, but they were fixed by flashing f9e bios AND resetting it to optimized defaults after flashing.

Thanks!
    Try this without overclock...in optimized defaults.
    Last edited by stasio; 10-24-2014 at 05:26 AM.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

basschilperoord is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    First page (post) of this sticky.......Backup BIOS reflash:

Manual page #60 and above.

Try this without overclock...in optimized defaults.
    Thanks Stasio for the help, but it really looks like the settings have been pulled from the BIOS GA-X99-UD4 - F9e.

At page 61 of the manual is a screenshot which says SATA Device Type under every SATA Port, but it's just not there anymore (F2 - Classic View - SATA on my screen). That's what I thought when I updated and started looking through my BIOS settings.
    http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList...-x99-ud4_e.pdf

The table row is literally gone.

Thanks again. Hope to hear from you again about this. Otherwise I wait for the next version of the BIOS. I always keep an eye on this thread just in case, cause I like to know what's changed and has been improved.
    Last edited by basschilperoord; 10-24-2014 at 08:20 AM.

Thread Information