Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 977 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 47787792796797597697797897998710271077 ... LastLast
Results 9,761 to 9,770 of 10847

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

JakeChambers is offline Junior Member

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by |ALE| View Post
    Z97M-D3H disappeared F7A beta bios and now there is F6... on my mobo i have F7A... whats new and why...?editnow i see that f7a it's in previous beta bios and f6 (a new f6 release) it's dated 23 dec so it seems to be newer?
    The only change mentioned is:Support NVMe deviceThis is meanthttp://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NVM_ExpressRight now I'm waiting for a response from gigabyte.I mailed them about the cold start pcie-gen3 bug on theZ97m-d3h.They first responded with a furmark benchmark Screenshot and said there was no problem (same system as mine). Unfortunately they did not compare their pcie-gen3 results with pcie-gen2 so I showed them that 1. I get identical benchmark scores and fps WHEN the bug actually occurs 2. Benchmark scores and fps are much higher on pcie-gen2I really hope that they will finally acknowledge this bug and fix it eventually!Edit: typing from my mobile, text format is weird, sorry
    Last edited by JakeChambers; 01-03-2015 at 06:44 AM.

stasio is offline GIGABYTE Elite

Quote Originally Posted by |ALE| View Post
    Z97M-D3H disappeared F7A beta bios and now there is F6... on my mobo i have F7A... whats new and why...?

edit

now i see that f7a it's in previous beta bios and f6 (a new f6 release) it's dated 23 dec so it seems to be newer?
    Yup,
    F6 is latest by date.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

polypenko is offline Member

Since the release of the 99 mb's we have seen a very few beta's for the x97 mb's.

I was wondering when can we expect a new beta for the z97x ud5h bk?

tks. kindly.

Boomstick777 is offline Junior Member

Latest F12 bios for X99 UD4 has given stability / performance and no more reboot problems when memory is at higher speeds. Awesome stuff !
    - Intel i7 5930K - Gigabyte X99M-Gaming 5 - G.Skill 32GB DDR4 2400 - ASUS GTX 980 Ti - Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD - Seagate 2 x 2TB SHDD - Fractal Node Design 804 -

Question Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

What is the rumor about the new bios for x99 ud7 wifi

it now been a year sense gigabyte release a bios for my board

GA-Z77X-UD3H

how do they even get away with leaving a something in beta for so long.

Coincidentally, I'm posting about the same board as the last guy: GA-Z77X-UD3H - F20e

These boards have notorious issues with their VIA VL800 USB controllers and mine is no exception.

I'm not 100% if there's anything that can be done about it, but I'd like to try anyway. Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction.

The situation is:

There's an updated firmware available, that may or may not be newer than in F20e. It's called v0719 link-to-station-drivers (It has a fair bit of info with it)
    I've tried installing it via Windows but it throws an error saying could not download file (The programmers first language didn't seem to be English...).
    The installer has a feature to read the current firmware version but it states that it can only read versions over v0712 so I can't be sure if it's reading correctly.
    I had to run it from Win32 so I installed Win32 on a spare drive and ran the 'reader', it said successful, but that the current version was 0000.
    I then installed the latest driver and ran it again, then it said it was 0112 (I think, should have screen-grabbed, but close enough).

So, not really sure where I stand, but it seems that the .bin I have is newer.

Can anyone here tell me if it's possible to add this to the bios file? Or is this perhaps only for PCI USB expansion cards?

I don't mind making the bios myself (though if someone else wants to that'd even better... :D).

I just want to know if it's a complete waste of time before going to all the bother of figuring this stuff out (again)?

Cheers for any input!

stasio is offline GIGABYTE Elite

New BIOS:

GA-X99-SOC Champion - F3e

GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK - F7g

- Support future NVMe SSD drive
    - Improve System performance
    - 14.Jan 15
    Last edited by stasio; 01-30-2015 at 12:30 AM.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

someone else has poor speed with samsung 256GB m2 on x99 UD7 wifi with f8b, because with f7 does not work foor boot

Quote Originally Posted by dskiller View Post
    it now been a year sense gigabyte release a bios for my board

GA-Z77X-UD3H

how do they even get away with leaving a something in beta for so long.
    Quote Originally Posted by d1sc0d3v1l View Post
    Coincidentally, I'm posting about the same board as the last guy: GA-Z77X-UD3H - F20e

These boards have notorious issues with their VIA VL800 USB controllers and mine is no exception.

I'm not 100% if there's anything that can be done about it, but I'd like to try anyway. Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction.

The situation is:

There's an updated firmware available, that may or may not be newer than in F20e. It's called v0719 link-to-station-drivers (It has a fair bit of info with it)
    I've tried installing it via Windows but it throws an error saying could not download file (The programmers first language didn't seem to be English...).
    The installer has a feature to read the current firmware version but it states that it can only read versions over v0712 so I can't be sure if it's reading correctly.
    I had to run it from Win32 so I installed Win32 on a spare drive and ran the 'reader', it said successful, but that the current version was 0000.
    I then installed the latest driver and ran it again, then it said it was 0112 (I think, should have screen-grabbed, but close enough).

So, not really sure where I stand, but it seems that the .bin I have is newer.

Can anyone here tell me if it's possible to add this to the bios file? Or is this perhaps only for PCI USB expansion cards?

I don't mind making the bios myself (though if someone else wants to that'd even better... :D).

I just want to know if it's a complete waste of time before going to all the bother of figuring this stuff out (again)?

Cheers for any input!

Same thing for me on my GA-Z77X-UD5H, the latest (and best) BIOS they put out is a beta that still has bugs and issues that need tending to and yet it seems they have abandon all their Z77 boards when it comes to BIOS updates. I find this to be in very poor taste from Gigabyte.

@Stasio do you know if Gigabyte is doing anything further in regards to updating the Z77 boards? or is it pretty much a lost cause at this point?

Thread Information