Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 98 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198598 ... LastLast

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by DaEnigma View Post
    Has anyone tested the UD4P F9a bios??

I am wondering if the turbo not coming on from sleep recovery has been fixed.
    Dude can you "enable EIST" and try wake the system up from S3 and see whether the multi drop back from x21 to x20 ?

I had this same problem before on UD5 but the "enable EIST" fix it. Try give it a shot.
    I have discuss this on xtremesystem probably lsdasap forgot to try it on his board.

edit: actually it not really a "fix" because the EIST/Turbo shouldnt behave like that. It "temporary fix" until Gigabyte staffs fix this.
    Last edited by Sparda; 05-16-2009 at 08:39 PM.

Can somebody ask the BIOS engineers why the RTL (round trip latency) values keep changing please...

I've been looking at them using CPU-Tweaker and watching each channel A, B, & C.

With them set to auto, the values can change just from rebooting, without me touching anything in the BIOS

Earlier they read 49, 51, 52. Then after a reboot, they read 50, 50, 51 and I've also seen them set to 49, 51, 53

Is there no set guideline to these figures?

Many thanks in advance

P.S. Is it also possible to stop the board from reading 4-8-8-20 after S3 sleep please?
    i7 950, Gigabyte EX58A-UD3R (2.0), 3x4GB G.Skill PC3-12800, HD 6970

How is it possible to update my bios when i dont have no floppy drive...
    The new bios files wont update with usbdrive, says invalid image. But with old ones i could update, how to resolve the invalid image? On X58 UD5.

get a DOS bootable CD.

and boot from that.

then you can place the bios image on the same CD, or, on a FAT32 partition.

Quote Originally Posted by rcocchiararo View Post
    get a DOS bootable CD.

and boot from that.

then you can place the bios image on the same CD, or, on a FAT32 partition.

I dont understand, how do i creat a DOS bootable CD.

Isnt it possible to use memory stick anymore?

i dont remember how i created mine :P (it was a LONG time ago :P)

but google is your friend.

pd: there may be other options, but i had the DOS cd, so i used that, since i had the same problem as you when updating form 6c to 7a on my DS4

why not read the bios flashing guide?
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DaEnigma View Post
    Has anyone tested the UD4P F9a bios??

I am wondering if the turbo not coming on from sleep recovery has been fixed...
    No, sadly it is still the same as F7e, and F8a. Turbo is set to disabled upon resume. I have passed this info along to my contact, and the Easytune Multi issue as well.

Hopefully some progress will be made soon, at least S3 is working now that's a plus for many users

Quote Originally Posted by GHz View Post
    Can somebody ask the BIOS engineers why the RTL (round trip latency) values keep changing please...

I've been looking at them using CPU-Tweaker and watching each channel A, B, & C.

With them set to auto, the values can change just from rebooting, without me touching anything in the BIOS

Earlier they read 49, 51, 52. Then after a reboot, they read 50, 50, 51 and I've also seen them set to 49, 51, 53

Is there no set guideline to these figures?

Many thanks in advance

P.S. Is it also possible to stop the board from reading 4-8-8-20 after S3 sleep please?
    rTL values are changed by a few things. Memory speed of course, Vtt Voltage, tRRD, tWRWR (Write to Read Same Rank), tFAW, and sometimes of course Memory Multi.

So maybe you changed one of those and did not think it mattered?

Do not pay attention to what you see in the BIOS for settings, those are not always used anyway.

To check the real values use CPU-Tweaker and you should find that if you are not changing settings they will remain the same if you are manually setting them

Quote Originally Posted by Syncmahv View Post
    How is it possible to update my bios when i dont have no floppy drive...
    The new bios files wont update with usbdrive, says invalid image. But with old ones i could update, how to resolve the invalid image? On X58 UD5.
    Yes, you can use a USB Stick with Qflash, make a bootable USB Stick with DOS, or flash from a FAT Partition. Please see here >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    rTL values are changed by a few things. Memory speed of course, Vtt Voltage, tRRD, tWRWR (Write to Read Same Rank), tFAW, and sometimes of course Memory Multi.

So maybe you changed one of those and did not think it mattered?

Do not pay attention to what you see in the BIOS for settings, those are not always used anyway.

To check the real values use CPU-Tweaker and you should find that if you are not changing settings they will remain the same if you are manually setting them
    nope, i already stated in my post that nothing was changed, no memory settings, no chipset settings, no cpu settings, just rebooted
    sometimes they will change when shutdown and powered back up again, and sometimes if i enter the bios to check a setting (without actually changing anything)
    and i am using cpu-tweaker, again as i have already stated in the post you quoted

[edit] e.g.
    just tested:-

i checked RTL with cpu-tweaker, 50, 50, 51
    i rebooted, entered bios, change nothing and save and exit
    enter windows, open cpu-tweaker and RTL reads 49, 51, 52

[edit2]
    rebooted again, normally
    got back to windows and cpu-tweaker reads 50, 50, 51 again
    Last edited by GHz; 05-18-2009 at 03:25 AM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Not sure then? Maybe just a glitch with CPU tweaker possibly?

I will see how it acts using similar simple tests on my board as you did above and let you know.

You do have them manually set correct? If not then you likely do not have any issues, just AUTO Playing havoc on you is all. Manually set them and see if they always are the same.

Like I said I will do a few tests myself tonight for you to see if I notice the same

Thread Information