Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 99 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199599 ... LastLast

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

thanks for offering to test lsd

yeah i just have the RTL set to auto at the moment as i have been unable to find any sort of guidelines for them. (has anyone seen any info or have any links please?)
    i was just looking to see what the board sets to try and get some kind of idea before going the manual route.

but despite them being set to auto, i would have thought that it should still have only one set of calculated values since i am not changing anything else

i'll try setting them manually later and see what happens...
    i7 950, Gigabyte EX58A-UD3R (2.0), 3x4GB G.Skill PC3-12800, HD 6970

I have an EX58-UD4P, and S3 sleep is not working for me at 175 BCLK. I click my mouse or hit a key on my keyboard and they light up, but the system does not resume.

Edit: I suppose I should clarify other BIOS settings. I have an i7 920 with all the advanced options on, EIST/turbo/etc. My multiplier is 20+1 for a top speed of 3675MHz. My RAM is running at 8:2 for 1400MHz, with 8-8-8-24 timings. The uncore multiplier is at 17 for 2975MHz. The CPU voltage is set to "Normal," the memory voltage is "1.64V" and the rest of the settings are Auto. I use AHCI, not much else I can think of that might be relevant.
    Last edited by Anpheus; 05-18-2009 at 03:56 AM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GHz View Post
    thanks for offering to test lsd

yeah i just have the RTL set to auto at the moment as i have been unable to find any sort of guidelines for them. (has anyone seen any info or have any links please?)
    i was just looking to see what the board sets to try and get some kind of idea before going the manual route.

but despite them being set to auto, i would have thought that it should still have only one set of calculated values since i am not changing anything else

i'll try setting them manually later and see what happens...
    Ahh well Auto values can drastically change from boot to boot, that is why it is not suggested. If you are using All Auto's for memory timings then that could be why things change from time to time.

I do not know of any guides on setting those, but I did see this post a week or so ago where a few users are doing some testing with a DFI board >>
    http://i4memory.com/f80/dfi-ut-x58-t...cussion-16970/

Should give you some insight

Quote Originally Posted by Anpheus View Post
    I have an EX58-UD4P, and S3 sleep is not working for me at 175 BCLK. I click my mouse or hit a key on my keyboard and they light up, but the system does not resume.
    What BIOS are you using? And did you properly flash to that BIOS? If you are using F7e, F8a, or F9a it should be working properly enough for you to resume as long as you are stable

If you are using an older BIOS then mentioned above that is why it is not working for you. Please use one of those and you should be ok. You also have to set the BIOS to be able to wake/power up from mouse on double click

From your comments it sounds like you are either using an older BIOS or you are not as stable as you had thought

*EDIT*

CPU Voltage Normal, do not use. Manually find and set a stable voltage for your CPU.

What ram are you using? I ask because depending on your board and BIOS Version 1.64 ram voltage may actually only be 1.62-1.63 so you may need to set 1.66
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 05-18-2009 at 04:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Ahh well Auto values can drastically change from boot to boot, that is why it is not suggested. If you are using All Auto's for memory timings then that could be why things change from time to time.

I do not know of any guides on setting those, but I did see this post a week or so ago where a few users are doing some testing with a DFI board >>
    DFI UT X58 - tRRD, RTL, tFAW timing discussion.

Should give you some insight
    thanks for the link lsd :)

interesting that the R2E likes C to be B+2...
    need to find some spare time for mem/stability testing to try and find out what this UD5 likes
    Last edited by GHz; 05-18-2009 at 04:50 AM.
    i7 950, Gigabyte EX58A-UD3R (2.0), 3x4GB G.Skill PC3-12800, HD 6970

Quote Originally Posted by GHz View Post
    try a bootable usb/floppy disk and SPIFlash.exe
    Thanks, updated succesfully
    Intel Xeon x5650
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4 F11T
    6Gb Walton Chaintech @ 1600Mhz 7-7-7-18-1T 1.64v
    Noctua NH-U12P Push/Pull
    Radeon HD4850 512Mb @ 700/1150Mhz MUSASHI cooled
    2 Intel X-25V in RAID0
    2 Barracuda ST500320AS in RAID1
    Spare Maxtor 320GB
    Psu Seasonic S12 II 620W
    U2-UFO Case cooled by ~750 Cfm!
    Win10 64Bit

Has anyone tried the latest GA-EX58-UD3R bios (GA-EX58-UD3R - F7a)? I am having an issue that when I disable hyperthreading I can not boot (even into the BIOS). It just starts for a few seconds and then stops, over and over. I have not overclocked anything yet. I have disabled all the power saving features, as well as turbo. But when I add hyperthreading to the disabled list, I get the repeated re-boot. Tonight I am going to load the latest release BIOS and see if I have any issues with that. Just thought I would post about my issue to see if anyone else has it (or knows what might be causing it).

Thanks.
    Last edited by KendiRR; 05-19-2009 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KendiRR View Post
    Has anyone tried the latest GA-EX58-UD3R bios (GA-EX58-UD3R - F7a)? I am having an issue that when I disable hyperthreading I can not boot (even into the BIOS). It just starts for a few seconds and then stops, over and over. I have not overclocked anything yet. I have disabled all the power saving features, as well as turbo. But when I add hyperthreading to the disabled list, I get the repeated re-boot. Tonight I am going to load the latest release BIOS and see if I have any issues with that. Just thought I would post about my issue to see if anyone else has it (or knows what might be causing it).

Thanks.
    I have the same exact problem, and if I remember correctly it happened to me before on another BIOS version, but I don't remember which one.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy2721 View Post
    I have the same exact problem, and if I remember correctly it happened to me before on another BIOS version, but I don't remember which one.
    Thanks for the confirmation Speedy. I went back to F6 and all is well (at least with respect to HT).
    • CPU: i7 920
    • MB: GA-EX58-UD3R
    • VC: EVGA GTX 260 (216)
    • HD: WD 640GB (WD6401AALS)
    • DVD: LG 22x Burner
    • PSU: CMPSU-750TX
    • MEM: OCZ 6GB (3x2GB) Platinum XTC (PC3-12800)
    • CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Dark Knight
    • FC: Sunbeam Fan Controller
    • Fans: 3 Yate Loon HS 120mm, 1 Scythe Kaze-Jyuni "Slip Stream" 120mm (1900rpm), 1 Antec Tri-Cool 140mm
    • TIM: T-C Grease 0098
    • CASE: Antec 300

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    What BIOS are you using? And did you properly flash to that BIOS? If you are using F7e, F8a, or F9a it should be working properly enough for you to resume as long as you are stable

If you are using an older BIOS then mentioned above that is why it is not working for you. Please use one of those and you should be ok. You also have to set the BIOS to be able to wake/power up from mouse on double click

From your comments it sounds like you are either using an older BIOS or you are not as stable as you had thought

*EDIT*

CPU Voltage Normal, do not use. Manually find and set a stable voltage for your CPU.

What ram are you using? I ask because depending on your board and BIOS Version 1.64 ram voltage may actually only be 1.62-1.63 so you may need to set 1.66
    Sorry for the delayed reply, I can't believe I didn't specify my BIOS. Previously I had been running F8a with stability in IntelBurnTest, Windows, etc. But with F9a, I noticed significant instability. For one thing, with the exact same settings as before, I could not pass the Windows Experience Index test. (The one that gives your computer a "base score" and several component subscores.) This was very frustrating.

I typically ran a 160BCLK and 1600MHz memory, and this was fine. But this past week I upgraded to F9a and noticed instability, and figuring this was a memory issue, I switched to 175/1400MHz. With this, I was stable enough to pass IntelBurnTest or the Windows Experience Index testing, but still could not sleep. Now I've gone back to 160/1600, but increased my timings from 8-8-8-24 to 9-9-9-27. But I still cannot sleep. So, to summarize:

Going from F8a to F9a, I had to increase memory timings or decrease memory multiplier to maintain the same level of stability I had in F8a, and I lost S3 sleep capability even having regained stability by tweaking other settings.

So I believe F9a broke sleep mode. To test this, tonight I will install F8a again with my current settings (160BCLK, 10:2 memory multiplier, turbo and all advanced options, 9-9-9-24 timings, etc.)

Edit and addendum: setting CPU voltage to Normal reduces my idle temps significantly as opposed to Auto or manually setting the suggested 'Normal' value.

I was using EX-58 UD4. Previously, with BIOS F5b, I can do 170bclk, 1.125V Vcore and all other voltages at normal value stable with LinX and all stress testing programs. Sleep is also working perfectly.

After flashing to official F5 BIOS, I cant wake up from sleep anymore with the same settings. I can pass LinX and stress testing. Tried upping the voltage but still no changes. I guess F5 BIOS is no good for me. Anyone facing this problem?

Btw, Intel SATA AHCI is super slow. My mobo is using 1.07 dated 2006. I have other boards like ASUS and SATA devices can be deteced in instance. Any fix for this.

Thread Information