Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 996 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 49689694698699499599699799810061046 ... LastLast
Results 9,951 to 9,960 of 10862

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Hello.

I have never managed to find the latest beta BIOS for the GA-P67-DS3-B3 rev.1.0 ( it was never mentioned ).

Can someone help me pointing out?

Thank you very much

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

Quote Originally Posted by TheDamnedKirai View Post
    Hello.

I have never managed to find the latest beta BIOS for the GA-P67-DS3-B3 rev.1.0 ( it was never mentioned ).

Can someone help me pointing out?

Thank you very much
    Latest BIOS for your board is F5.
    GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-P67-DS3-B3 (rev. 1.0)

Quote Originally Posted by Kees030 View Post
    Hello. I'm looking for latest BIOs for GA-P35-DQ6. Using search I get no results.

Please, somebody can supply a link or explain how to find it?
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ta-bios-2.html
    Last edited by stasio; 08-28-2015 at 07:15 PM.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Kees030 is offline Junior Member

@stasio Thank you very much

When I searched for GA-P35-DQ6 result was: "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." Why is that?

EDIT: USB performance with BIOS from the link (GA-P35-DQ6 - F10c) is still very poor. Starting Windows 7 from Hirens Boot CD on memory stick takes 7 minutes. On my other PC I flashed BIOS GA-X48-DQ6 - F8i (coming from Gigabyte's F8D) and starting time improved hughly: 30 seconds! Is it possible to get BIOS with similar improvement for the P35-DQ6?
    Last edited by Kees030; 08-29-2015 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Added result: poor USB performance

I just installed the Z170 Gaming 7 with a 6700K and haven't been able to get a pair of Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15R stable (these are listed as compatible on Gigabyte.com). At least I'm assuming they are the source of the problem.

I am getting random system freezes that require a hard reset to reboot, at stock voltages and speeds. No over clock at all. Fresh Windows 10 install with minimal devices plugged into USB.

I found that by bumping up the System Agent and VCCIO I can push the time to freeze into the hours (it eventually always freezes), and if I enable XMP it is guaranteed a freeze soon after loading in to Windows.

Did a memtest from USB and managed to have the sticks freeze there too. Removed both and tried each stick individually, and found that one is more prone to freezing than the other but both freeze or hang eventually.

Have updated to the latest Beta BIOS in the hopes of getting some stability since they are posted with "DDR4 Compatibility" as the reason for all the updates ...but I still get freezes with this board and ram. At least I'm hoping it is the ram since that is a very easy RMA.

Are new BIOS revisions doing better with regards to DDR4 compatibility? Have a pair of Ripjaws V arriving on Monday so hopefully they are actually compatible.

Question GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS - What Region will these Bios revisions work with

Hello, I have not been able to determine what Region the Bios files are for that are listed in this thread.
    I am in the USA. Will the Z170X bios files listed work on my Motherboard that I bought in the USA?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nbuubu View Post
    I just installed the Z170 Gaming 7 with a 6700K and haven't been able to get a pair of Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15R stable (these are listed as compatible on Gigabyte.com). At least I'm assuming they are the source of the problem.

I am getting random system freezes that require a hard reset to reboot, at stock voltages and speeds. No over clock at all. Fresh Windows 10 install with minimal devices plugged into USB.

I found that by bumping up the System Agent and VCCIO I can push the time to freeze into the hours (it eventually always freezes), and if I enable XMP it is guaranteed a freeze soon after loading in to Windows.

Did a memtest from USB and managed to have the sticks freeze there too. Removed both and tried each stick individually, and found that one is more prone to freezing than the other but both freeze or hang eventually.

Have updated to the latest Beta BIOS in the hopes of getting some stability since they are posted with "DDR4 Compatibility" as the reason for all the updates ...but I still get freezes with this board and ram. At least I'm hoping it is the ram since that is a very easy RMA.

Are new BIOS revisions doing better with regards to DDR4 compatibility? Have a pair of Ripjaws V arriving on Monday so hopefully they are actually compatible.
    Hi I was hoping you could assist me. Did you download a Bios File from this Website and QFlash it? I am aware that Gigabyte is currently listing a Beta Bios for XMP compatibility for the Gaming 7 Motherboard. I have the GT model which almost the same but for some reason Gigabyte released this Motherboard last and has not posted the XMP Bios that i see available in this Thread. I am also in the USA. I will be putting my system together Monday.

As an update, I've sent the Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 7 back in for replacement. Installed it with new DDR4 sticks, no peripherals connected besides mouse and keyboard, no graphics card besides integrated, and no hard drives, just to test. And it froze again within minutes of clearing CMOS and entering the BIOS. It's connected to a Corsair AX850 which is only two years old and has never had an issue with my old X58 system, so I doubt the issue is the power supply.

Either a bad board or a bad CPU.

Noticed the Beta 5a bios has been posted directly on the Gigabyte support site ... guessing this board is seeing a lot of problems. Really tempted to change to a different manufacturer but giving it one more shot hoping that I just got unlucky. Really like the features on the Gigabyte otherwise ...

polypenko is offline Member

I also have the Z170x Gaming 7 / Intel 6700K / W10 now running on beta bios f5a with
    2 kingston xfury 2133mhz 2 x 4gb modules in dual mode.

Powersupply nzxt 650 watt / gpu Asus GTX 760

However when I booted my system for the fist time, my system did not boot correctly.

Powered down and noticed that the dual bios swithes were not set correctly to Factory default,
    causing the system not to boot.

Once I changed these settings everything went a okay.

Since you already tested this board with new memory modules, it could be a bent pin on the mb or the cpu.

I have been using Gigabyte motherboards for the last 15 years, I love the features / layout and good support.

But since we are early adaptors of a brand new platform, it's more likely that initial problems might occur.

Trust your new mb. will be relaced soon, enabling you to build your new systeem a.s.ap.
    Last edited by polypenko; 09-01-2015 at 07:37 PM.

mjgr33n is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by nbuubu View Post
    As an update, I've sent the Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 7 back in for replacement. Installed it with new DDR4 sticks, no peripherals connected besides mouse and keyboard, no graphics card besides integrated, and no hard drives, just to test. And it froze again within minutes of clearing CMOS and entering the BIOS. It's connected to a Corsair AX850 which is only two years old and has never had an issue with my old X58 system, so I doubt the issue is the power supply.

Either a bad board or a bad CPU.

Noticed the Beta 5a bios has been posted directly on the Gigabyte support site ... guessing this board is seeing a lot of problems. Really tempted to change to a different manufacturer but giving it one more shot hoping that I just got unlucky. Really like the features on the Gigabyte otherwise ...
    I once had a system that was freezing due to the PSU, the AX850's are good though I have an AX1200 which has always been solid, but if it works fine with your other system then it should be fine with this one also, so I doubt also it is that, have also had dodgy memory sticks on numerous occasions that can cause such issues and of course have had issues with heatsink mounting causing freezing due to overnighting screws, reseating memory and reseating the cpu and heatsink making sure that there is equal pressure on all four corners and making sure screws are not over tightened etc.

Rojer64 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Gigabyte latest bios

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    GA-Z97X-SOC Force - F8a
    GA-Z97X-SOC Force - F8b
    GA-Z97X-SOC Force - F8c
    GA-Z97X-SOC Force - F8d
    Read more: http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post275773
    Hi, I would like to report on Z97x SOC FORCE beta BIOS with Broadwell. Maybe request for some update for me as well, as I'm in bit of a trouble.

I installed the i5-5675c on a SOC-FORCE with f8d + Intel IME FW+driver update. Had those prepared with a G3258 before the i5 came in and it worked fine. Installing the i5 led to various, obviously BIOS related issues.
    - at first boot, A3 LED, continuous short beeps, boot loop. I thought I had socket pin damage and gutted the whole rig to troubleshoot with the stock cooler.
    - One way or another, I managed to boot with the stock cooler, checked that the BIOS was still f8d, reinstalled cooler.
    after a few more errors (which I still thought were socket-related) The mobo was able to boot with the normal cooler, was set in the case and I was able to enter bios, set optimized and boot windows.

From this point (f8d with updated IME FW+ driver) I could tell that something was wrong :

- Bios would read 26-31 instead of 31/36 but windows and programs would be fine.
    - No amount of clock change would be possible from BIOS , not even 100 mhz or turbo adjustment.
    - Eztune (updated) would read VID as 0.6725 even on load. Tuning wizard would corrupt bios settings. Eztune is basically incompatible with my system with this BIOS arrangement.
    - Intel's XTU seems to give the best result with easy 4.1 Ghz with .1v offset. Booting after so overclocking will trigger the same short continuous beeps, only this time Backup BIOS will kick in and erase F8d ! At least I don't have to gut the system and check the socket this time. Grr....
    - "Default" reads 1.175 as VID. Setting to "normal + applying offset changes that : new VID reading is 1.10. This is scary...

At this point, I suspected a BIOS/IME mismatch and tried plain F7 BIOS, then F7 with IME update and lastly F8d without IME update which is where I'm at presently since F7 brings no better compatibility or OC.
    Confirm: F8d WITHOUT updating IME FW (Driver is still latest) in W10 64.

Achieving some tiny amount of overclock one way or another, mainly with Intel's XTU without rebooting but also from BIOS (when it boots) results in a dive in Linpack output: Intel's Burn Test will drop from 77 Gflops at stock to 37 Gflops at 41/36 cache. Other benches (including Intel XTU) will also drop in performance. Windows crashes a lot with BIOS clock changes too (not XTU), more than should be expected at minor clock changes, even none (keying in voltage instead of "auto") and supposedly enough current (?). Temperature is not an issue: little heat generated, fans won't quit idle at full load.
    No bench test ever crashed the system, including 30 minutes 12GB linpack tests in IBT and OCCT.

The cpu passes Intel's diagnostic utility and there does not seem to be any detectable cpu damage or defect. Version is IPDT_Installer_2.11.0.0.W-2_x86_2.20.0.0.W.MP-1_x64
    Maybe a more recent utility would say otherwise but I see little chance of the cpu being bad any way.

Additional notes:

- I bought DDR3 low voltage sticks just for this cpu. They are Crucial dual 8GB (16GB) 1600 @8.8.8.24 1.35v. model is "tactical".
    - this is an XMP profile for these sticks. Running at SPD doesn't change a thing, though.
    - The system boot with partial UEFI: "other OS" or "Windows 8" without secure boot. Boots from SSD/mbr, RST disabled. Basically, I can load BIOS default and boot straight into Windows 10/64. This would not be my first choice, as you may guess...
    - PSU is fairly recent (Corsair 450W, Haswell compatible).
    - Cooling is more than enough with Topflow from Thermalright (massive heatsink), 140mm PWM fan and 3 120mm system fans
    - Mobo has been used a few months (may 2015) with a G3258 Bios f7 then f8d with average clocking (43/40/2400 @ 1.27v) but great stability and power efficiency in W8.1/64 updated to W10/64. DDR3 was different. Everything is new in this setup and has been tested for months with GREAT stability, all power states and speedsteps enabled, which is the way I like my 24/7 setup.

My goal was is achieve similar results with Broadwell : mild voltage bump for good enough clock. Not stock though :)

I hope you can help me investigate, maybe direct me to a more recent beta if such a thing exists or can be done. I fear the Broadwell chip did not meet great success with SOC FORCE customers and I might hit a wall. I picked this board for its great power stage, in hope for best power efficiency and lowest voltage.

Can you please advise on the best practice with this board when it comes to IME and beta BIOS cross updates ? Should I let Intel's image as is in BIOS with either f7 official or f8Beta ? Is the Windows driver another source of trouble ?

Is the SOC FORCE just unable to deal properly with Broadwell, as mine seems to be? Will it stay so ? Should I return the processor (3 days left before return window closes)
    Or is there some ongoing work at Gigabyte with Z97 and Broadwell that might benefit this mobo too ?

I have not opened a ticket with Gigabyte support yet, as I am in serious time constraint. I believe I might need to make a decision before the CPU RMA window closes and support will not deal, I suppose, with beta...

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
    Roger - France.
    Last edited by Rojer64; 09-12-2015 at 08:31 PM. Reason: line breaks broken (Firefox) + readability

Thread Information