Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1121 of 1123 FirstFirst ... 12162110211071111111191120112111221123 LastLast
Results 11,201 to 11,210 of 11226

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: Aorus Master Corrupt Main BIOS Reflash?

Quote Originally Posted by Yemble View Post
    Whilst attempting a BIOS flash on my Aorus Master, from F10a to F10b using @BIOS, I got a Win10 GSOD ! Yes I know, flashing a BIOS from Windows is risky, however, I have never had any issue with this method before. Now my primary BIOS is corrupt and will not boot... lesson learnt.

So my issue now is that I cannot see how to re-flash my primary BIOS, when booted from the backup BIOS.

The documented method of flashing from backup, using QFLASH, with the mobo BIOS switch set to primary does not seem to work. It flashes the backup BIOS instead, which is now also on F10a instead of F7... this is extremely dodgy! Is there a trick to get this primary flash working correctly, or an alternative method for achieving the same goal?

Or is my primary BIOS now permanently stuffed?
    Forum - [GUIDE] The Beginners Guide to Using a CH341A SPI Programmer/Flasher (With Pictures!)

You can remove the master BIOS though, and attach it to the clip, or buy a preflashed BIOS from Ebay.

Make sure you put it back in the motherboard aligned the CORRECT way or you'll destroy the BIOS chip. Make sure you take a picture on your phone how it's set in the socket.

Read my posts there though, it never worked until I used the 1.4 version of the BIOS programmer.

I recovered a corrupt BIOS more than once with this method.

Whilst attempting a BIOS flash on my Aorus Master, from F10a to F10b using @BIOS, I got a Win10 GSOD ! Yes I know, flashing a BIOS from Windows is risky, however, I have never had any issue with this method before. Now my primary BIOS is corrupt and will not boot... lesson learnt.

So my issue now is that I cannot see how to re-flash my primary BIOS, when booted from the backup BIOS.

The documented method of flashing from backup, using QFLASH, with the mobo BIOS switch set to primary does not seem to work. It flashes the backup BIOS instead, which is now also on F10a instead of F7... this is extremely dodgy! Is there a trick to get this primary flash working correctly, or an alternative method for achieving the same goal?

Or is my primary BIOS now permanently stuffed?
    Curious: what happens if you create a USB boot disk as per Kedarwolf's instructions on the Gigabyte Z390 overclock.net thread, with Rufus, put EFIflash on there (Grab it from one of his modded bioses, any one), put the bios you want to flash on there, power off, set the bios to "single bios mode", boot to the drive by setting that drive as the primary boot device (not UEFI, but the non UEFI drive), and then, in command prompt, then switch the other bios switch to the "backup bios" position?

Can you then reflash the corrupt bios with EFIflash bios.rom (whatever it's called) /X ?
    Make sure you rename the bios to the standard MS DOS format of 8+3 letter extension. So something like f10b.f10 will work
    Gigabyte Aorus Master

Yemble is online now Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post
    Curious: what happens if you create a USB boot disk as per Kedarwolf's instructions on the Gigabyte Z390 overclock.net thread, with Rufus, put EFIflash on there (Grab it from one of his modded bioses, any one), put the bios you want to flash on there, power off, set the bios to "single bios mode", boot to the drive by setting that drive as the primary boot device (not UEFI, but the non UEFI drive), and then, in command prompt, then switch the other bios switch to the "backup bios" position?

Can you then reflash the corrupt bios with EFIflash bios.rom (whatever it's called) /X ?
    Make sure you rename the bios to the standard MS DOS format of 8+3 letter extension. So something like f10b.f10 will work
    Luckily, although I had not realised, the Aorus Master has a removable master BIOS chip, whereas the backup BIOS is soldered onto the mobo. So a quick trawl of eBay uncovered a seller of pre-flashed BIOS chips for a range of mobos, where you can specify the BIOS version required. Hopefully this 10 get out of jail option will fix the issue. Had I corrupted the backup BIOS, then I would be stuffed!

However, this painful exercise has revealed to me that the dual-BIOS feature of the Aorus Master is simply not fit for purpose. If it cannot fulfil the purpose for which it is designed, then what is the point of it?

All of the official documentation from Gigabyte is simply incorrect and misleading, especially with regard to the fact that the booted BIOS is the one that gets flashed, regardless of the position of the mobo switch. This is somewhat dangerous if you are not aware and are following the "official" recovery process.

Why have Gigabyte not done anything about this? They MUST be aware of it and they are already into the tenth generation of BIOS versions for this mobo.

*** EDIT ***
    Replacement BIOS chip arrived today with F9 pre-loaded. Took five minutes to install and now my master BIOS boots perfectly. Best 8 I've spent this week
    Last edited by Yemble; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:17 AM.

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

From when I update bios F9b, now I can't update any bios version.

It always show: Oemld Mismatch

How can I fix it?

Luckily, although I had not realised, the Aorus Master has a removable master BIOS chip, whereas the backup BIOS is soldered onto the mobo. So a quick trawl of eBay uncovered a seller of pre-flashed BIOS chips for a range of mobos, where you can specify the BIOS version required. Hopefully this 10 get out of jail option will fix the issue. Had I corrupted the backup BIOS, then I would be stuffed!

However, this painful exercise has revealed to me that the dual-BIOS feature of the Aorus Master is simply not fit for purpose. If it cannot fulfil the purpose for which it is designed, then what is the point of it?

All of the official documentation from Gigabyte is simply incorrect and misleading, especially with regard to the fact that the booted BIOS is the one that gets flashed, regardless of the position of the mobo switch. This is somewhat dangerous if you are not aware and are following the "official" recovery process.

Why have Gigabyte not done anything about this? They MUST be aware of it and they are already into the tenth generation of BIOS versions for this mobo.
    You can flash a corrupted Master backup bios with a $5 clip and some free software. And a second PC to flash it from.

Edit: And NEVER reboot a failed boot by holding the power button you can corrupt one or both BIOS's that way. Always power off from a failed boot by turning off the power switch ON THE POWER SUPPLY.
    Last edited by KedarWolf; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cleo View Post
    From when I update bios F9b, now I can't update any bios version.

It always show: Oemld Mismatch

How can I fix it?
    (Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Owners Thread) - Page 369 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Use the efiflash in the zip file included in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by KedarWolf View Post
    I comment here because I can't comment on overclock.net

I do with guide on

When it boots into DOS, I type:
    Code:
    efiflash 1.F9 /x
    It show: "!!OEMID Mismatch!!"
    Code:
    efiflash 1.F9
    It show "Invalid BIOS Image"

Now How I can fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by KedarWolf View Post
    Thank you very very very so much! KedarWolf

It fixed

Quote Originally Posted by cleo View Post
    I comment here because I can't comment on overclock.net

I do with guide on

Code:
    efiflash 1.F9 /x
    It show: "!!OEMID Mismatch!!"
    Code:
    efiflash 1.F9
    It show "Invalid BIOS Image"

Now How I can fix it?
    Try efiflash 1.f9 /x /NoOemID or efiflash 1.f9 /x \NoOemID or \NOOEMID (i dont know if it is case sensitive).
    Gigabyte Aorus Master

Quote Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post
    Try efiflash 1.f9 /x /NoOemID or efiflash 1.f9 /x \NoOemID or \NOOEMID (i dont know if it is case sensitive).
    Thank you! I have fixed it with the help [email protected]

Thread Information