Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte Motherboards BIOS Chip

Default Gigabyte Motherboards BIOS Chip

Hi!
    My GA-MA78GM-S2H use a MX 25L8005M2C BIOS Chip! Anyone knows the BIOS chip used in GA-M61SME-S2L and GA-M61SME-S2?'
    Thank's!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte Motherboards BIOS Chip

Likely the same exact chip, why? I say the same because even my board uses that one. And that was the chip used in M5 variant boards and still is used in todays

Here is the manual for it if you need it >>>
    BIOS CHIP mx25l8005.pdf

Talking Re: Gigabyte Motherboards BIOS Chip

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Likely the same exact chip, why? I say the same because even my board uses that one. And that was the chip used in M5 variant boards and still is used in todays

Here is the manual for it if you need it >>>
    BIOS CHIP mx25l8005.pdf

Hi LSD! I must know if that boards uses that same chip because Im planning to do a BIOS Hot Flash into my GA-MA78GM-S2H, because Ive no solutions after many tries, including your advices (Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H (Rev.1.0) BIOS Flash Error - TweakTown Forums). Im from Brazil, and if I try to use the RMA (the board is from Zipzoomfly), I surely loose many time, two or three months, like the RMA of my Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (yes, Im unlucky guy).
    My plan is to buy a cheap gigabyte motherboard that uses the MX 25L8005M2C BIOS Chip, Hot Flash my corrupted BIOS, and then sold the cheap motherboard!
    If you can help-me, please do it!!
    Thanks In Advance!!

If it is a socketed Bios Chip then using a Bios Saviour should be able to program the chip. You would need to have a working motherboard that uses the same type of Bios chip but this way would be safer than hotflashing. Bios Saviours mean that a motherboard can have two Bios chips which can be switched between using a switch on the back of the PC. If one Bios chip becomes corrupt then changing the switch would allow the other Bios chip to be used to boot the PC and then the corrupt Bios could be re-flashed after moving the switch to select the corrupt Bios.

It is the safest and best dual bios method, far superior to Gigabytes dual bios which is pretty much useless as many have found out.
    Gigabyte X48-DS5 F7 Bios
    Intel Q9450 2.66GHz 8 x 333, 8 x 438 (3.5GHz when overclocked) 1.35V with Intel Power saving enabled
    Windows XP Pro SP2 32 bit
    2x2GB OCZ Reaper HPC PC2-8500
    Corsair HX 520 PSU
    Gigabyte GV-RX385512H HD3850 512MB
    Western Digital WD5000ABYS 500GB SATA hard drive
    Western Digital WD5000YS 500GB SATA hard drive - disconnected
    Seagate 250GB SATA hard drive
    Samsung 1TB
    Samsung 500GB
    Seagate 80GB
    BenQ 1640 IDE DVD-ReWriter
    NEC 3520 IDE DVD-ReWriter
    Pinnacle Dual DVB-T PCI Tuner
    Mystique Dual PCI-e DVB-S2
    mCubed T Balancer Fan controller controlling 6 case fans and CPU fan - CPU fan recently changed after system freezing started with new higher speed CPU fan.
    minifan blowing through northbridge

Quote Originally Posted by RedDwarf View Post
    If it is a socketed Bios Chip then using a Bios Saviour should be able to program the chip. You would need to have a working motherboard that uses the same type of Bios chip but this way would be safer than hotflashing. Bios Saviours mean that a motherboard can have two Bios chips which can be switched between using a switch on the back of the PC. If one Bios chip becomes corrupt then changing the switch would allow the other Bios chip to be used to boot the PC and then the corrupt Bios could be re-flashed after moving the switch to select the corrupt Bios.

It is the safest and best dual bios method, far superior to Gigabytes dual bios which is pretty much useless as many have found out.
    Hi RedDwarf! Well, my bios chip is soldered, and my board dont have Dual Bios! So, my only way is to Hot Flash the My Bios using a bord with the same Bios Chip!
    I ask again: anyone knows the BIOS chip used in GA-M61SME-S2L, GA-M61SME-S2 and Gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2?
    Thanks!!

You won't be able to hotflash a chip if it is soldered to the board. Hotflashing means removing a socketed chip while the PC is running, which is why it is dangerous and then inserting a different chip which is then flashed.

How do you think you can do this with a soldered chip?
    Gigabyte X48-DS5 F7 Bios
    Intel Q9450 2.66GHz 8 x 333, 8 x 438 (3.5GHz when overclocked) 1.35V with Intel Power saving enabled
    Windows XP Pro SP2 32 bit
    2x2GB OCZ Reaper HPC PC2-8500
    Corsair HX 520 PSU
    Gigabyte GV-RX385512H HD3850 512MB
    Western Digital WD5000ABYS 500GB SATA hard drive
    Western Digital WD5000YS 500GB SATA hard drive - disconnected
    Seagate 250GB SATA hard drive
    Samsung 1TB
    Samsung 500GB
    Seagate 80GB
    BenQ 1640 IDE DVD-ReWriter
    NEC 3520 IDE DVD-ReWriter
    Pinnacle Dual DVB-T PCI Tuner
    Mystique Dual PCI-e DVB-S2
    mCubed T Balancer Fan controller controlling 6 case fans and CPU fan - CPU fan recently changed after system freezing started with new higher speed CPU fan.
    minifan blowing through northbridge

Quote Originally Posted by RedDwarf View Post
    You won't be able to hotflash a chip if it is soldered to the board. Hotflashing means removing a socketed chip while the PC is running, which is why it is dangerous and then inserting a different chip which is then flashed.

How do you think you can do this with a soldered chip?
    Yes, I Know! I will remove the chip from the board, desoldering it carefully! No problem! Im eletronic technical too. Its a hard and dangerous work, but I will do it becouse I need my board working again quickly!

Asking again: anyone knows the BIOS chip used in GA-M61SME-S2L, GA-M61SME-S2 and Gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2?

Thanks!

Well I cannot find out for sure, but what I do see is that all Gigabyte boards I look up use that Chip. Old ones and new ones.

So you would just have to try it, and if that does not work then resolder it and RMA... That is all you can do

Red face Re: Gigabyte Motherboards BIOS Chip

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Well I cannot find out for sure, but what I do see is that all Gigabyte boards I look up use that Chip. Old ones and new ones.

So you would just have to try it, and if that does not work then resolder it and RMA... That is all you can do
    Yes LSD! Ill do it! Try to Hot Flash the Bios and if this dont work resolder it and RMA! Ill publish here the results! Thanks LSD!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information