Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Gigabyte Raid Question

Default Gigabyte Raid Question

Hi!
    I have a GA-MA78GM-S2H(Rev.1.0) and itīs dead after I flash the bios! I use Raid 0 (Stripping) (128k cluster) in two 500GB Seagate 7200.11 disks! My question is: my two Seagate disks will work in any other motherboard with Raid 0 (Stripping) feature, mounting my files with no problem like in my GA-MA78GM-S2H??
    Thankīs!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte Raid Question

Yes, your disks will work in the same model of board just fine as long as you plug the drives into the same ports used on your old board.

Any other chipset or Model you wont be able to access your data at all likely.

Did you try to fully and properly clear the CMOS? See post # 2 >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

Talking Re: Gigabyte Raid Question

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Yes, your disks will work in the same model of board just fine as long as you plug the drives into the same ports used on your old board.

Any other chipset or Model you wont be able to access your data at all likely.

Did you try to fully and properly clear the CMOS? See post # 2 >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/
    Hi LSD! After many tries and no solution, Iīll buy a new Board! Iīm deciding between GA-MA78G-DS3HP (GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Overview - GA-MA78G-DS3H (rev. 1.0)) or GA-MA790GP-DS4HGIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Overview - GA-MA790GP-DS4H (rev. 1.0)

Comparing with my old (and dead) board, GA-MA78GM-S2H(Rev.1.0) , the GA-MA78G-DS3HP has the same chipset (SB700) and the GA-MA790GP-DS4H has a newer version of this chipset (SB750)!
    My bigger doubt: if I buy one of this boards, configure a Raid 0 (Stripping) (128k cluster) array exactly the same than I use on my old board, can I use my in two 500GB Seagate 7200.11 disks normally??
    If no, can I use a software like Runtime RAID Reconstructor (RAID Reconstructor - Recover Data from a Broken RAID Array) to rebuild my raid array? Iīll must use another hard drive to save the reconstruct image, ok?

Thanīs in Advance!
    Leandro.

Yes, if you get the same exact chipset you will just need to plug your disks in and set your BIOS to RAID as before. You will need to be sure you plug each disk into the SAME port as you had on your old board.

The newer chipset will likely fail at this.

Yes, you can use those types of apps, but it takes a LONG time and the data is not named the same so you will have to dig thru it all and rename it usually. More time then it is worth for sure!

Best to get the same chipset board, and set your BIOS to RAID and plug the disks back into the same ports and you should be fine

Red face Re: Gigabyte Raid Question

Yes, if you get the same exact chipset you will just need to plug your disks in and set your BIOS to RAID as before. You will need to be sure you plug each disk into the SAME port as you had on your old board.

The newer chipset will likely fail at this.

Yes, you can use those types of apps, but it takes a LONG time and the data is not named the same so you will have to dig thru it all and rename it usually. More time then it is worth for sure!

Best to get the same chipset board, and set your BIOS to RAID and plug the disks back into the same ports and you should be fine
    Really bad news again! Sorry by the question, but are you sure LSD? Have you really tried to use Raid array in another board with "almost" the same chipset (a evolutions of the old chipset) or itīs a theoric fail if we try it?? Any practice experience of that or theorically?
    Sorry again!
    Thankīs!

Same chipset, not almost. Yes, I have, but yes anytime you try to do that you could have a fail.

So, if you have another PC you can and should maybe try a raid reconstructor first and backup what important data you need

Cool Re: Gigabyte Raid Question

Same chipset, not almost. Yes, I have, but yes anytime you try to do that you could have a fail.

So, if you have another PC you can and should maybe try a raid reconstructor first and backup what important data you need

Ok! Do you know if the ECS A780GM-A (V1.0) (ECS Web Site) or Asus M3A78-EM (ASUSTeK Computer Inc.) that has the 780G chipset will work in this case?
    Another question: any other chance to get a new MX 25L8005 chip? Where?
    Thankīs!

I would suggest you buy ONLY the same brand and model of board if you Data is that important to you.

I dunno where you could get a chip like that? Maybe a dead or used board on ebay

Thread Information