Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R Very Slow

Default Re: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R Very Slow

they do ... i use it on ep35c-ds3r, ep35-ds3l, ep45-ud3p .. excelent cooler and cheap ... just remember to get the bracket ... so much easier to put it in ...

mine on q6600 .. idle at 32-38 .. load at 53-59 .. and that on 3.42(380x9) .. also my case is antect900 .. so the airtunel go right at the cooller too. :)
    Last edited by godto; 11-11-2008 at 08:28 AM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I see thank you both guys :) I plan to pick up a higher CFM fan to improve cooling on it as well....atm I am looking @ 36-34-30-33 idle and 55c cap in a 20c room with stock so I expect to see a 15c drop or more in high load temps. Before I OC.

BTW this the correct back?
    Newegg.com - XIGMATEK ACK-I7751 Retention Bracket - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Also I was reading some of these brackets can short the motherboard...any truth to this or are they just the idiots not using something that comes with the kit?

Btw neat way to put on the evil push pins is take a roll of electrical tape put it in the circle on the tape you want to push a pin on and use a screwdriver to push down with and turn once it goes all the way down. Dropped my temps 10c on stock doing it this way.

Also @ 3.4ghz Godto whats your room temp when you get these temps you reported?
    Last edited by Twist86; 11-11-2008 at 06:14 PM.

It just depends, some can that do not have the plastic on them if you are not carefull.

I always tape mine to be on the safe side, but that one has a plastic cover so you will be fine with that. Ya that is indeed the correct one and you will have no worries

Cool deal thanks...what kind of tape you prefer? Never used electrical tape on a motherboard for practical use. Would the heat be a issue in the long term?

In case I get a pure metal back plate....newegg is not always truthful ^-^

no the back of the bracket have tape on it already ... hehehe .. i also order the bracket there .. that is the only place i found. .... put the coller on the CPU and then the fan and the mettal to the front after .... it's very easy bracket to put it in ... here is the link to one of the review and how to put the paste.

Best Thermal Paste Application Methods | best thermal past application,thermal paste application methods,thermal compound,thermal interface material,best practices,Best Practices for Thermal Interface Material Paste Application Methods and Thermal Gr

i personally apply this way ... with a plastic wrap around my finger ...put the paste to the crack first .. then with the grane i spead the pase ... make sure you press down so no air bubble ... when i got a thin layer .. i put in the method 1 side to the other ... i line up 2 hole on the video card side .. then slowly lay it flat... to me this seem like the best because i see a drop right aways. ... good luck

Well thanks you sold me :)

I had a few others agree with board size who also owned it so I just ordered it...I am glad I waited a day to make 100% sure....not that I don't trust but always best to have several people agree ^-^

Getting the bracket for $8.49 with free shipping vs yesterday was 13 dollars for it + a 5 dollar off + 10 mail in rebate and since the UPS guy THREW my Q6600 at my door so Newegg gave me a $15 dollar credit on my next purchase.

So in the end I am looking at a 16 dollar cooler....this is less then I payed for my A64 Pro for my X2 Cooler.

Only thing that could make this better is if they sent me 2 120mm fans with the box

Btw nice guide I too was thinking of how to best AS5 that sucker.
    Last edited by Twist86; 11-12-2008 at 12:38 PM.

Hello, My name is Dave and I have this new Mobo but I am using a C2D E8500 and have not had any problems OCing with this board and with over 10 years exp.building gaming rigs can say this is one of the best boards Ive used to date! as far as the cooler you asked about the answer is yes it fits very well and can be put in any direction without any issues what so ever and keeps my E8500@3.8ghz(1600FSB)@37c-60c 100%full load during intel burn test and thats at 1.3vcore! runs around 40-45c in most gaming like Crysis and FarCry2 max settings! as far as OCing I use manual FSB to 400mhz(1600) and set mem at 1:1 which is 800mhz and use EPP profile1 and set memery to extreme which sets my mem@800mhz 5-4-4-12 and is stable I'm using Gskill DDR2 1000@manual. 2.0v leave all other voltages on auto and it will be rock solid! also mine downclocks my mulitplier in windows to x6 from x9.5 during 2d apps which is nice and still runs @2.4ghz(1600 FSB)

Nice to hear you are all set and problem free! Those types normally dont stop in!

Glad your board has been hassle free for you!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information