Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R Very Slow

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R Very Slow

Yeah I wanted to keep a 1:1 on memory and tightened to 4-4-4-12

Was able to drop voltages down to 1.3 that way.

I got 2 speeds 2.4ghz and 3.6ghz on Vista....and on CPU-Z I get 2.8ghz (400x7)

Giving me 3 different speeds which I know cpu-z is correct. I know the first vista speed 2.4ghz is the "stock" but I dunno where it got 3.6ghz. I never overclocked past 3.2ghz.

I am guessing its a visual bug with vista ...since @ 1.3v I couldn't boot up vista up @ 3.2ghz I was just curious if others had the same issue.
    Last edited by Twist86; 11-25-2008 at 08:51 PM.

Well CPU-z is what you want to believe. Vista thing, I dunno! I do know my board asked me to activate again one time when I changed Multi a bunch in one day, so I think it's thoughts about CPU's are messed up

I think I get it now.

Even though I am running @ 400x7 Vista sees me running @ 400x9 because thats what the CPU is defaulted on. It can't tell the difference with a new multiplier.

This could also be the issue of why after you overclock you can't use vista sleep mode anymore it won't boot back up...it could be trying to boot up @ 400x9.
    Last edited by Twist86; 11-27-2008 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twist86 View Post
    So I boot this sucker up and I go to install Vista and its slow...I mean so slow my Celeron 2.8ghz out shines it so I go into bios and it shows my CPU freq @ 266x8 so I changed it to 266x9 which I was told was stock speeds and its 2.4ghz now.
    I go back reinstall Vista and its super slow once again...give you a example 15 mins later I JUST got to the "install" option for Vista 10 mins later I have yet to see a "install on which HDD" right before the actual install. By that time my X2 4400+ would be 30-40% into the Vista install process.
    I had the same problem but with Asus P5n-d. Just disable the floppy drive option in bios. it works for me.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information