Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: GA-P35C-DS3R F11 & F12b Bios Gone From Site




  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15

    Default GA-P35C-DS3R F11 & F12b Bios Gone From Site

    Title says it really, on checking the Gigabyte site for any updates I noticed the newest bios for the rev.2.0 is F10, I know there was a F11 & F12b available as I've got the F11.
    Just curious why the F11 was pulled and whether I should think about reverting to F10 if it was pulled due to some major bug?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    942

    Default Re: GA-P35C-DS3R F11 & F12b Bios Gone From Site

    Quote Originally Posted by grees00 View Post
    Title says it really, on checking the Gigabyte site for any updates I noticed the newest bios for the rev.2.0 is F10, I know there was a F11 & F12b available as I've got the F11.
    Just curious why the F11 was pulled and whether I should think about reverting to F10 if it was pulled due to some major bug?
    Seeing that if you look at the CPU support list, both F11 bioses and F12b are required for the latest chips, i can't honestly see there being a "major bug" etc that has caused them to be both pulled by Gigabyte.

    I have noticed this myself on the GB site. I've used the F11 bios for awhile now and have found it to be very solid.
    I tend to think that GB are "spring cleaning" as they do very often and/or have some additional bios updates ready and someone has removed them from the list, possibly because it would fill the grid too much on the webpage.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a second page to the bios list etc..

    Although not available on most the GB sites, including Global, US and UK, the Latvian site, still have the links direct to the Gigabyte global servers and they are still active.
    http://www.gigabyte.lv/download/mb/bios/20567/
    Last edited by VorLonUK; 11-12-2008 at 05:23 AM.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: GA-P35C-DS3R F11 & F12b Bios Gone From Site

    Thanks for the reply, I've had no probs at all with the F11 either, just checking/being paranoid. :)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    942

    Default Re: GA-P35C-DS3R F11 & F12b Bios Gone From Site

    Quote Originally Posted by grees00 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I've had no probs at all with the F11 either, just checking/being paranoid. :)
    As far as I remember too, the F11 bios added the Fine CPU Multiplier adjustment which comes in handy when you want to try different overclocking options. So I personally wouldn't want to go backwards.

    The F11 & F12b bioses are still linked to on the French site and the European Russian FTP server has them still on it.
    Seeing that the later bioses target support for the latest CPU's, I can't see GB pulling F11 & F12b without replacing them with a bios to support all current CPU's - for instance the new E0 chips wouldn't be supported.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    52

    Default Re: GA-P35C-DS3R F11 & F12b Bios Gone From Site

    Quote Originally Posted by VorLonUK View Post
    As far as I remember too, the F11 bios added the Fine CPU Multiplier adjustment which comes in handy when you want to try different overclocking options. So I personally wouldn't want to go backwards.

    The F11 & F12b bioses are still linked to on the French site and the European Russian FTP server has them still on it.
    Seeing that the later bioses target support for the latest CPU's, I can't see GB pulling F11 & F12b without replacing them with a bios to support all current CPU's - for instance the new E0 chips wouldn't be supported.
    Hmm where do you find "Fine CPU Multiplier adjustment" is these bios? I don'
    't see it

  6. #6

    Default Re: GA-P35C-DS3R F11 & F12b Bios Gone From Site

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackkatt View Post
    Hmm where do you find "Fine CPU Multiplier adjustment" is these bios? I don'
    't see it
    Ctrl + F1 in main menu before you get in MIT .. adn when you go in to MIT then you will see it

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    942

    Default Re: GA-P35C-DS3R F11 & F12b Bios Gone From Site

    It's on the MIT page, but you don't need to use Ctrl/F1 anymore to reveal the advanced options - they are always visible on the newer bios versions.

    There is a new bios release imminent for this board apparently - (with a MicroCode update)
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

  8. #8
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: GA-P35C-DS3R F11 & F12b Bios Gone From Site

    Blackkatt you will not see Fine CPU Multi as you have a older 65Nm CPU. This is only a Option on new 45Nm CPU's

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •