Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is my GA-EP35-DS3 causing this?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Is my GA-EP35-DS3 causing this?

13 tests?

Can you link me to your PSU or look at the side of it and see what it says for 12V rail on the sticker. That could likely be the problem, free PSU's that come with cases are junk and should only be used as a last resort for a week or so if you have to wait on your real PSU Order

You need at least 26-28amps available on the 12v rail.

I see in your manual with the H.U.D. Software you can disable 2d/3d Auto Optimize

http://akeirhj.swec.com/imagebank/20...Etikett001.jpg

it has dual 12V and delivers 34A on +12. Antec Sonata III is a wellknown case for people in skandinavia seeking performance and silence, the same for the PSU.

I did ask this question before, do any other types of unwanted effects happen in other games?

After reading about other types of graphical corruption on the Blizzard forums, i wonder if this is a game vs driver issue.

Have you tried any Directx benchmarking software, such as:-

3dMark03,
    3dMark05
    3dMark06
    3dMarkVantage
    Futuremark

or even my favourite Rolling Benchmark Demo of the moment, X3 Terran Conflict: Demo Versions: X3: Terran Conflict Rolling Demo Benchmark - Demo Movie Patch Download Section - GamersHell.com

These Benchmarking tools stress the graphics sub systems and may help you pinpoint where the problem lays, especially if they can rule out a problem with your hardware.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Yes I have tried other games as I said before and I scored 15k in 3dmark05. No issues there. I'll try the X3 tomorrow. Time to sleep!

Quote Originally Posted by eRen View Post
    Yes I have tried other games as I said before and I scored 15k in 3dmark05. No issues there. I'll try the X3 tomorrow. Time to sleep!
    I wasn't neccessarily interested in the benchmarking scores, but just wanted to know that as these benchmarks stress the graphics system, if you saw any graphics corruption whilst they were running?

Just trying to find out if this is something specific to the current build of WoW and your PC software drivers/setup etc.

Edit:-
    X3 does stress your system, so monitor the PC whilst you initially run it.
    Last edited by VorLonUK; 11-15-2008 at 11:30 AM.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Hmm well 17A on two rails may not be good enough and with it being a free PSU quality does come into question. 34A minus the rest of your system does not leave much at all for the card. I would suggest you at least test a better PSU if not buy one anyway because you should when you bought the case. Free PSU's are just that, free. And free for a reason as they are never the best of quality.

It may not be your issue at all, but it would be the first thing I tested out

VorLonUK:

No errors when running these stress programs. No errors during X3.

Lsdmeasap:

Have you even looked up the PSU? It's won ton of awards and got good results on every test made. Just assuming it's crap because it came with my case? Why do that?
    Happy reading:

Techaddicts.net - Antec Earthwatts 500 Watt Power Supply Review

Antec Earthwatts 500W Power Supply Review - Hardware Canucks

I put in alot of time asking around to build the best for my budget, i even exceeded it just to get some quality items. Only "mistake" was the RAMs but they where the best ones in stock at that time.

Ya, Sorry I did just make a assumption. But really though, based on Amps needed and the output of your system + That card you do not have enough.

You need a PSU with about 45+ for that card and your system

Now I'm just confused. Before I bought the system people on forums told me it should work just fine. Even with a 8600gt needing 350W caused problems.

I would like to know where/how I could look up this kind of things and then know how much I need for my system. Will be good for the future.

Someone with the EXACT same problem as I have got this system:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 6000+ 3.0GHz 2x1MB Boxed (with cpu-cooler!) Socket AM2
    ADX6000CZBOX

Corsair XMS2 Xtreme TWIN2X2048-6400 2x1GB (tot. 2GB) DDR2 PC2-6400 800MHz CL5-5-5-18
    2GBTWXD2800

Asus Extreme GeForce 8800GTS 320MB DDR3 TV-out HDTV DUAL DVI SLI-ready RETAIL PCI Express
    ASN88GTS-320

Asus M3A-H/HDMI AMD 780G 4DDR2-DIMM 3PCI 3PCIe SATA Raid Audio Hybrid VGA GB-LAN Socket AM2+ ATX
    ASM3A-HHDMI

Corsair HX Series PSU CMPSU-520HXEU 520W 120mm Fan ATX2.2 20/24-pin 4/8-pins 12V Modular
    CAPSUHX-520W

Isn't his PSU strong enough either? We have no parts in common and he has the same error, with the tabing out fixing it, coming randomly and so on.

The sort of graphics corruption that's shown, doesn't look like your ordinary psu fault.
    I still think this is something more specific to the current build of WoW, especially after having a look at the blizzard forums.

Whilst checking one of my more favourite review sites, its seems the Antec PSU (EarthWatts 500) has a 34Amp Single 12 volt line. Which still should power your setup ok.

JonnyGURU.com - Power Supply Reviews and more! - Reviews - Antec EarthWatts EA-500 500W

I plugged in the 8-pin EPS12V connector and proceeded to put a 30A load on it. The PSU did not shut off, which confirmed that my visual observation that all of the +12V leads were in fact coming from the same source on the PCB. The Antec EarthWatts does NOT have multiple +12V rails. It only has one +12V rail with no limiters on any of the connectors.
    Monitoring,
    If you have HWmonitor (CPUID) running whilst playing WoW (or any game/app for that matter) you could check to see with that utilities min/max how much voltages do vary.

Have you tried an older Nvidia driver, just for testing?
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/Videocar...-bit)_c10.html

Other tests I would try would include turning Off all the ingame eye candy, ie graphics quality to a minimum.

I've seen weird effects caused by settings such as shadow quality etc in other games, where just one setting could cause all sorts of graphic corruption.
    If you are not seeing this in any other game, then you need to see if changing the games resolution, altering quality settings etc whithin Wow minimises or eliminates the problem.
    Last edited by VorLonUK; 11-15-2008 at 09:13 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information