Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is my GA-EP35-DS3 causing this?

Default Is my GA-EP35-DS3 causing this?

Hi!

I've been posting on several swedish forum but without any luck, my problem remains.

I ordered a whole new computer in parts for about 2 months ago and put it together. Since then I've randomly getting these kinds of graphical errors in Warcraft III FT:

http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?i...3texturjm2.jpg

http://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?i...8162232vi3.jpg

http://img76.imageshack.us/my.php?im...8162224ms7.jpg

Sometimes I get them 6 times a day, sometimes I go a whole day without getting them. To fix it, I need to "tab out" of the game. The first time, it takes 20 sek (in and out). After that, without gettin an error again, if i tab it takes approx. 80 seconds (in and out). During the tab I have a black screen where everything freezes, I got no sound during it.

To get rid of it I need to reboot.

I have tried 3 different drivers for my gfx. I have also tried a seconds gfx (8600GT). Problem remains.

Memtest86+ shows error on my memory sticks(A-DATA GAMING PC6400 800mhz 5-5-5-5-12 1,9V), yes i've tried them one in a time and in different slots. But I found someone with the exakt same problem, he had memory errors too, changed his RAM, but the graphic errors remained.

My speccs are:

| C2D E8400 @ 3.0 Ghz
    | Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3
    | Gigabyte 9800GT
    | 2x1 GB A-DATA GAMING PC6400 800mhz 5-5-5-5-12 1,9V
    | 160 GB Samsung + 320 GB Hitachi
    | Antec Sonata III

Windows XP

I could really use the help!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Is my GA-EP35-DS3 causing this?

Looks to me like your graphics card itself is causing the errors. Since you said you do have ram errors have you set performance enhance to standard at least and set your ram voltage manually?

It looks to me like your cards GPU or onboard Ram is overheating, have you used any programs to turn the fan up on it yet to see if that is the issue?

You can check your Cards temps with this >>>
    GPU-Z Video card GPU Information Utility

And you can change fan speeds with this (or your Nvidia Control Panel) >>>>
    RivaTuner

I have all my fans connected to a fan controller that is cranked to the maximum(12V). And my temps never exceed 52*C. The casetemp is 28*C. I updated the BIOS today, which resulted in no more memory errors! I passed all 13 tests. I'll edit this post in 3 days if the graphic errors have stopped too. Or else I'll post as soon as I get one..

Quote Originally Posted by eRen View Post
    I have all my fans connected to a fan controller that is cranked to the maximum(12V). And my temps never exceed 52*C. The casetemp is 28*C. I updated the BIOS today, which resulted in no more memory errors! I passed all 13 tests. I'll edit this post in 3 days if the graphic errors have stopped too. Or else I'll post as soon as I get one..
    Hopefully your bios update may have fixed that, as that really does look like a "communication" problem (bios, drivers, software etc) to me rather than a faulty graphics card.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Nope, problem aint fixed! Now I really dont know whats wrong! 2 different cards causing it, memories fine, 3 different drivers, bios update. Whats left for me too try?

Quote Originally Posted by eRen View Post
    Nope, problem aint fixed! Now I really dont know whats wrong! 2 different cards causing it, memories fine, 3 different drivers, bios update. Whats left for me too try?
    What driver version are you using and have you updated Directx, either by the standalone pack, or by windows update?
    I'll find the latest Directx link for you, if you are using the latest Nvidia driver.

Edit:
    Full DirectX pack (rather than relying on WindowsUpdate for latest version)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Also have you updated the Intel chipset Driver?
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...ition&lang=eng

Plus are Nvidia cards the only make of card you have had on this install?
    Last edited by VorLonUK; 11-13-2008 at 02:57 AM.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

I only got the standalone DirectX, ill try the one u've linked.

The driver version is 178.24. I know theres a beta out but it's mainly for FarCry 2.

And yes, nvidia cards are the only ones i've tried. Can't get hold of an ATI.

Someone on the swedish forums mentioned the northbridge being "broken", may that assumption be correct?
    Last edited by eRen; 11-13-2008 at 03:10 AM.

Someone on the swedish forums mentioned the northbridge being "broken", may that assumption be correct?
    Anything is possible but I wouldn't just assume that was the problem. it wouldn't be the first thing I would think of.

In regard to the Northbridge, does the heatsink look like it's fitted securely on the motherboard. (this is the large Gold coloured NB Heatsink)
    Also if it gets quite hot is a good indication that it is fitted properly.

It doesnt get that hot, its just getting warm. But my AC Freezer Pro7 is designed to direct some of the airflow onto the NB heatsink. Might be the reason.
    I tried applying pressure from different sides but it wont even move 2mm.

It's 8a.m now when im writing this and i'll post later tonight when I had the chance to try the new directx.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I meant your graphics card fan... Have you turned it up yet? That is what would cool down your card not the other system fans.

I linked a program so you can turn the fan up, I also linked a program so you can see your cards temp... Can you post a screenshot of that running while your errors happen so we can see how hot your card is getting?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information