Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GA-P35DS3 - Integrated LAN problem

Default GA-P35DS3 - Integrated LAN problem

Hi,

I have bought a GA-P35DS3 mobo with integrated Gb LAN. My problem is, that it doesn't receive any packages, according to Windows. All settings are OK, connection is shown connected, bot no incoming packages. Sent packages number is increasing but received ones is always 0.
    Tried with the same cable, same settings but different network card and it worked.

Pls help!

Default Re: GA-P35DS3 - Integrated LAN problem

did you load the driver ??? try to go to gigabyte site and download latest driver for your board

Yes, I did. But no luck

did you enable the LAN in bios ??? and in bios .. you even can check it to see .. there is the option in there if your LAN function and how long is your cable.
    Last edited by godto; 11-13-2008 at 04:08 PM.

Yes, I did that too. It tells me, that it's all OK and the length is approx ok.
    I've no idea what to try...

after all setting are OK, the trouble maybe come from windows os
    pls start your PC at "Safe Mode with networking" option( press F8 while booting)
    -if it's OK in safe mode maybe there are soft conflict in windows service or viruses infected... if this could not help I think that you hae to try to use a pci LAN card to test .

As I noted before, I'd tried with a separate PCI LAN card and it worked well (same cable same settings). Just the integrated LAN fails receiving the packets. But I'll try the safe mode with networking. I'm 99% sure, that I don't have any viruses (format + fresh XP install + drivers).
    I'll let you know the results. Thanks for advice.
    Last edited by alpee; 11-13-2008 at 05:02 PM.

I managed to resolve the problem!
    In the hardware properies of the onnboard LAN (Device manager/Network adapters, Advanced tab) I've disabled the Flow control. Now everything works just fine.
    It caused me a little trouble and I thought I'll bring it back to the seller cuz still has warranty.
    Anyway, thanks for advice.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Nice to see you fixed it, I was about to ask if you installed the Intel Inf Driver package. Even though, if you have not yet you need to

Yes, I've installed it. I always install the latest drivers and updates from the net, regardless if the hw is just taken out from the box or not. But this time I didn't have connection until I found a separate PCI LAN card :( So I've installed it from the mobo cd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information