Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mouse stutters constantly

Default Mouse stutters constantly

<meta http-equiv="CONTENT-TYPE" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><title></title><meta name="GENERATOR" content="OpenOffice.org 3.0 (Win32)"><style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --> </style> I'm having an annoying problem with the mouse. It will stutter and freeze up unpredictably. It stutters every time I browse explorer. I just got a new motherboard and installed vista 32 bit. The mouse I'm using is a Logitech G7. It worked fine on my old computer which used the same parts except for the motherboard and OS. I updated Vista, the bios to F10, and got the latest set point.

System:
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R
    Intel Q6600
    2GB 800mhz ram
    Vista 32 bit
    geforce 8800gt

Default Re: Mouse stutters constantly

just put a cat next to it ... dam .. you will see it move J/k

seriously ... i had the same problem before ... turn out my mouse was dying .

I tried a simple logitech usb mouse and got the same result. I ordered a usb to ps/2 converter but will have to wait a day or two to try it out.

did you try the mouse on different usb ??

or even get a bigger cat. :)

Yea I tried different usb slots, usb extensions cords.. I don't have a cat unfortunately :(

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

What USB BIOS settings do you have set? Intel Chipset drivers installed? Legacy USB Storage detect disabled?

Ah thanks a bunch! I went into bios and saw that the setting for usb mouse was disabled, also the legacy detection was enabled. I reversed those settings and the mouse no longer stutters. Thanks!

agh, maybe I spoke too soon. It ran fine after boot for about 5 mins but it's acting up again now. Yes I did install the Intel Chipset drivers, any ideas?

yeahhhhhhhh .. you found your Cat ... :-)

No I found a turtle instead! :( Since it did work for the first few mins I'm thinking maybe a process in the background is the culprit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information