Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GIGABYTE GA-X48-DS5 Overclock to 3.4 with Q6600

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GIGABYTE GA-X48-DS5 Overclock to 3.4 with Q6600

Yeap, just more Vcore and maybe 555-18, but you may need to use the B strap so you ram dont go up over 1100. So maybe 425 FSB w/ 2.40B multi

Yes, it was running about the same with new settings...I'll try your latest suggestion...my ram did go over...

Played with the new settings at 3.2 and get immediate errors with Prime, exactly as before with older 3.2 settings. In fact it ran better before without the manual adjustments. I altered various setting within your parameters you gave, but no good. Tried 3.4 settings for fun, exact same thing.

I'm thinking maybe chip doesn't like over 3.0, I don't know. Running in 3.0 settings mostly auto as before, and no errors so far in Prime.

While I know I could play with this for hours, I'm also going to look at new chips. I'm going to go look at prices now!

In 3.4 it was super fast...my video rendered significantly faster than 3.0. I'll probably be back for processor recommendations from anyone that has them.

Well what you should do first for 3.2 or more is make all the ram very loose and then test it quick to be sure it is not erroring. Then you will know you just need more volts for your CPU

That is likely all it is. You can be sure of that easy with Prime or Orthos by switching the test to Small or Large FFT's instead of blend, that will test the CPU only and you will know that is the issue. Which since you say it fails fast is likely the issue anyway

Thank you, I'll try running the tests the way you recommend. What settings constitue loose for the ram please? Do you mean make it loose in the slots?
    Last edited by Jeff Harper; 11-15-2008 at 06:54 PM.

Loose means higher ram timings. For Sure not loose in the slots!

I'm laughing right now...I googled "loose ram timings" and realized that when you read my question you would think I was completely out of my mind! Thanks for the answer!

Ya, I kinda thought you might! I was laughing as well, then I thought I better reply fast before something went wrong!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information