Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Memtest86+ failed on EP45-DS3R with 2x2 Mushkins. Any idea?

Default Re: Memtest86+ failed on EP45-DS3R with 2x2 Mushkins. Any idea?

Ok I'll reset timings and restart memtest. Thank you. See you again 8 hours later if it all goes well :), or else you'll see my next post soon ahah :)

btw: I left mch core at 1.240. is it ok? all advanced timings are auto.

update: 1st stick of ram w/o errors after 4 pass.
    Last edited by australis; 11-14-2008 at 10:18 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ya 1.24 MCH is fine. So, how did it go or have you finished up testing yet?

heyyyooo :) well one by one tests went well. no stick failed. I started memtest with both sticks with the timings set you advised.(but I set multi to 3, 800 mhz) 9 pass w/o errors so far; took around 8 hours. so they are not faulty! :) You are amazing man, thanks. How come you guessed all these "fit" timings!? ;) And another question comes if it doesn't bother you, if I plan to make a mild oc to my cpu which settings should I change? For example running it at 2.8. 'cause my case is not well ventilated (just 1 intake and 1 exhaust fans) so I don't want it to overheat. There is already an oven inside; powercolor 4850 :)

Great to hear! Guessed timings? Ahhh, I know what is acceptable ranges is all.

Well, if you want to overclock a quad, I suggest you buy a better then stock cooler for starters. I dont think the stock one can get you very far, but all you do is change Ram to be all loose again so it dont cause you issues and then just raise the FSB until it fails to boot then you know you need more CPU Voltage. Small steps and watch your temps and you will be fine. Keep them under 70 at load

Well my cooler is not stock, a Scythe Zipang cooler, I chose it for its silence. It's not perfect but silent. So what I understand is, I'll raise the fsb to 300 or 333, set pci and pcie to 33 and 100 , change the memory multi accordingly, and feed my cpu with a little voltage? Ok, I'll try it. But I cannot go far because of inside heat I guess :) Thank you again lsdmeasap ;)

Ya, that would be all you would need to do really. Sorry, I thought you had stock, well that should at least be a little better for sure.

Then once you get your CPU where you want it you can start lowering your ram timings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information