Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: GA-P35C-DS3R Memory & OCing problems!!!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-P35C-DS3R Memory & OCing problems!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marco_ar View Post
    They said me (with or without warranty) that I'll need a USA or Taiwan Gigabyte's express authorization to fix my mobo just because it was not bought here in Brazil???

Marco
    Sounds pretty clear to me, just get a Authorization # and then do the RMA

@LSDmeASAP

Welcome back! This (Gigabyte's) forum really needs someone like you ...

Well, what Brazilian Gigabyte's people told me was completely clear for me too. But they didn't tell me how can I get an authorization from USA or Taiwan to fix the mobo?!?!?!

On the other hand, there's some details that you shoudn't know ... Here in Brazil we have to pay up to 120% only in for Customs Taxes. Of course Gigabyte's Rep. will add their values and sell mobos. In my opinion this is because they don't want to fix my mobo!!! Because they didn't make money with this mobo that I bought overseas ... but, what I guess they should be once it was bought from Gigabyte's.

Anyway, I found one Non Authorizated tech that told me he's able to fix the mobo for R$ 60.00 (almost US$ 30.00). I don't think this Gigabyte's mobo deserves nothing better ...

Once again I'm thanking you for all your help and to all others members who had that bad luck buying Gigabyte's products.

@ Blackkatt,

Like you can see I changed mobo to an Asus (P5Q). Finally I got get my memory sticks running at 1066mhz [2.00v], 1111mhz [2.10v] and 1200mhz [2.24v]. Without errors, completely stable.

So, for me is pretty clear the problems came from the Gigabyte's mobo. If you take a look at Mushkin's forums you'll see the principal issues happens with Gygabyte's mobos.

In this way, seems like I got some luck while my Gigabyte's mobo dead because I was forced to move to a real mobo.

Gigabyte still have to learn a lot of things with Asus.

Good luck to all of you who still having problems with Gigabyte.

Happy new year (and for me ... with a new [functional] mobo ... )

Marco.

Anyway, I found one Non Authorizated tech that told me he's able to fix the mobo for R$ 60.00 (almost US$ 30.00). I don't think this Gigabyte's mobo deserves nothing better ...
    What would he Fix on it?

But, what makes me really upset was Brazilian Gigabyte's people. They said me (with or without warranty) that I'll need a USA or Taiwan Gigabyte's express authorization to fix my mobo just because it was not bought here in Brazil??? It's a big nonsense once Gigabyte is a worldwide company (or not?).
    Unfortunately Not all warranties allow you to get service in the country the product was not bought in.

Where did you buy the board? If warranties and the sale of goods are like anything over here, then either the place you purchased it from has a commitment to you in getting it repaired in the warranty period, or they should have a mechanism in place, where they have an authorised service centre or Gigabyte themselves have a facility where they deal with you direct.

Personally I don't think from the bits I've read that you have a fault with this board that an RMA will fix, unless I've missed part of the story that is.
    The Board is a Hybrid board as you know and both DDR2 & 3 are catered for. In my opinion they support both types of Ram OK and to specification, but the board is limited (probably because it's dual design) in respect to running the Ram at Higher Frequencies (ie overclocked).

You might get someone who has had good overclocking experience with the board because his/her Ram, CPU, Board Revision, Bios version, compliment one another - but I personally feel because it is a hybrid board, it has it's limitations when compared to those boards in the same price range that either support Just DDR2 OR Just DDR3.
    Last edited by VorLonUK; 01-06-2009 at 08:52 AM.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Sounds alot cheaper to have that guy fix it if you believe he can, as you say you may have to pay all those import taxes. $30 is cheap, it would cost me half that or more just to ship a RMA in if I were to do one

To get a USA or Taiwan Authorization # all you would have to do is call either place on the phone, or email them >>>

Email
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Technical Service Zone

Phone
    GIGABYTE

Mushkin forums are only filled with Gigabyte and Asus issues because of users not knowing how to set things up. Gigabyte boards are great with Mushkin (And plenty of other ram) it is just Unknowledgeable users who do not know how to properly setup things.

If this was a Asus forum you would see the posts pile up just the same, same for any brand. Plenty of buyers without knowledge. What you don't see at any forum is the 1000's of users who know what they are doing who do not make a post about issues because their boards works great because they have set it up properly.

Gigabyte do not make plug and play OEM Motherboards, but Enthusiast Overclockers boards that are made to break world record and do require that the user have knowledge of how to setup things in the BIOS. Of course some setups will work without issue on auto with any brand, but often this is not the case. Especially with a enthusiast board

Just so you know, Asus and Gigabyte are the same company (51% Gigabyte/49% Asus) >>>
    GIGABYTE and ASUS Join Forces Our Questions Answered! :: TweakTown
    Asus, Gigabyte form manufacturing joint venture- The Inquirer

They of course are still separate companies, but not so much as you think them to be

I would RMA the board if you can wait and get a # to do so, otherwise I would be letting that guy fix it for you

marco - I registered just to let you know this:

I have the same board (p35c-ds3r, version 2.0) and with bios version 7 which is the most stable, you shouldn't have any memtest errors. I had errors and tried a number of bios versions, and based on other forums, learned that bios version 7 is the best for this board. After flashing this version, memtest reported no errors, overclocked to the max that is.

Just an FYI -

JCT

ps. no memtest errors as long as your settings and voltages are good, and no defective memory.

Quote Originally Posted by JCT1875 View Post
    marco - I registered just to let you know this:

I have the same board (p35c-ds3r, version 2.0) and with bios version 7 which is the most stable, you shouldn't have any memtest errors. I had errors and tried a number of bios versions, and based on other forums, learned that bios version 7 is the best for this board. After flashing this version, memtest reported no errors, overclocked to the max that is.

Just an FYI -

JCT

ps. no memtest errors as long as your settings and voltages are good, and no defective memory.
    That's good feedback, but not very useful to those who have newer CPU's such as 45nm e8xxx and later.
    I've found Version F11 the best, although it's now been removed in favour of F12e (beta)

Also those with 1TB drives miss out on an important bios update too.
    Last edited by VorLonUK; 01-24-2009 at 09:55 AM.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

VorLonUK:

My post had to do with the best bios version out there for the P35C-DS3R board (version 2.0), and was in reply to the original thread message that somehow branched off into other discussions.

Since I've had this board for a year, I plan on keeping it for a while longer and wanted to try out the DDR3 memory since it's now matured and the price is right. With future upgrades in mind, I went out and purchased 2 gigs of Patriot Viper Series DDR3 2000 (PC3-16000) knowing I wouldn't be able to take full advantage of it's potential. I did manage to get 1500mhz (750.1 DRAM frequency) out of it - better than my previous 900mhz on (2) DDR2 6400C4 Corsair sticks. My timings on the DDR3's at 1500mhz are 9-9-9-24 (stock) but it took a couple hours before I found the sweet spot. I initially couldn't get it any tighter than 10-10-10-28 while at 1440mhz. I can also run 10-9-9-23 at 1500mhz. My E6750 is OC'd at 3.60ghz with an 1800mhz FSB (450x8). To test the memory, I ran memtest for approx. 4 hours with zero errors on the DDR3's. Just to prove that the P35C-DS3R can handle DDR3 memory very well, and above it's rated 1333mhz FSB.

JCT
    Last edited by JCT1875; 01-25-2009 at 05:43 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information