Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6 mobo wont post

Default Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6 mobo wont post

I just bought a Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6 mobo with Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 Yorkfield processor with GSkill memory.

I power the mobo up but it seems that at the end for bios cycle it just restart after 5sec and then go through the same cycle.

I have no idea what to do next.

Thansk

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6 mobo wont post

What exact ram did you buy and how much, please link to it where you purchased it at.

Thanks

Until then please try with only 1 stick of ram in slot one. Do you have a older 775 CPU? I ask because you may need to update the BIOS before you can use that board with a Q9300 as it is only supported by the F6 BIOS and up. I see That is the oldest BIOS available for that board on the download page, but depending on when you board left the factory it may have a older BIOS Pre F6 and it is just not listed on the page anymore.

But there is some things to try first if you dont have a older CPU. If one stick of ram does not get you going to may need to get the board out of your case. I would test the board out of the case, on a cardboard box or wooden table with ONLY CPU/Heatsink, one stick of ram and your Graphics card connected to it... Nothing else.

This way you will find out if you have a short or some other piece of hardware that is failing. Also be sure to test each stick of ram, like if one does not work try the other. Also if you have any other older DDR2 ram try that as well as you may have gotten a DOA set of ram. Once you do get going, be sure you load and apply optimized defaults in the BIOS, save and reboot back to the BIOS to make all your other changes you planned. That way your CPU is picked up correctly

Thread Information