Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Three clicks when board turns off

Default Three clicks when board turns off

When i shut down windows, and board is turning off, i notice 3 clicks comining from the board, as its shutting off, what does this mean ?. I didnt have this before, i just started noticing it ?.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Three clicks when board turns off

Hmm.... Open your case and see if you can tell where it is coming from.

Upload a recording of it if you can. All is well otherwise? No red warning box when you enter MIT in the BIOS?

No red warning box in bios, my overclock is just fine. It sounds like a clock tic, its 3 quick tic tic tic, then board turns off, sounds like the board itself is where its coming from. Dont motherboards make beeps, this i know, but this is not a beep, its a tic tic tic. I will try to record if im able to do that, very strange, but everything is working fine.

Ahh, yeah boards do beep and I will tell you what. If you do not have a case speaker connected it may be trying to beep and you hear that instead!

Can you find a case speaker and connect it to see if it goes away? Here is some if you dont have any, but can order one. Pretty cheap >>>

$2
    Case/Motherboard Speaker - Speakers

$4.20 w/ Free Shipping >>>
    FREE S&H Chassis Case System Speaker 2-Wire 4-Pin NEW - eBay (item 120335968486 end time Dec-17-08 20:58:03 PST)

$0.99 W/ $1.xx - 5.xx Shipping
    BestByteinc.com - Buy Computer Parts, electronics, and more

ahhhhhhhhhh i looked at that first link i think i do have one around, i think my board came with it, but i had no idea what it was. So can i asume that those 3 clicks are really 3 beeps ?. I will try to find my speaker, if not i will order one, where do i find out what the different amout of beeps mean ?. You never cease to amaze me with your knowlege

Sorry i gave you bad information, i just listened to it, it is 4 clicks at shut down, its 4 tics , or beeps everytime at shut down. Cant find my speaker, have to order one.

Well it could be ticks trying to beep, but normally beeps would be at startup. In the back of your manual there is beep codes.

Sounds like it could be actually something else. You may need to get your system our of your case and start trying things with the minimal connected until you find it. Plus with it being out of the case you should be able to better tell what it making the sound

Ok thanks buddy, i will take it out of case and see what happens

Thread Information