Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Start-up takes forever after adding HD's

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Start-up takes forever after adding HD's

Ahh, Well then since you say files were being corrupted/missing and sector count was going up then ya I guess that does sound bad!

Quote Originally Posted by VorLonUK View Post
    You should use WDC Diagnostics for the WDC Drive and any of the other low level utilities for other drives (ie the one's supplied by the manufacturer). The other third-party "windows" utilities are for just monitoring and don't include a repair utility.

You should always try the proper utilities, before sending a drive in for RMA - unless you enjoy the wait that is. Although with Reallocated sector count indicating that the "Spare Sectors" are now being used, is always a concern as you don't know if an area of the drive has been damaged to a point that the drives available spare sectors will cover the amount required.
    Some Companies do offer Advance Replacement too.

The tool you need for Samsung Drives:-
    SAMSUNG Hard Disk Drive - support - utilities
    Thank you for your advice. But the WD drives are not my problem. Also, the Samsung drives I have (HD642JJ) are not supported by the Samsung tool. So I guess there are no "proper" utilities in my situation...
    And no, I do NOT really enjoy the wait. I DO enjoy security though

i have the same problem with one of my WD drive ... 1 terabyte ... every time i hook that on my system boot up so so slowly ... i format and did everything to that ... still same problem ... so now i use that as external drive and only use when i need to...
    you can basicly narrow it down to the drive by slowly add 1 drive at the time and see your boot up time ... also i did had 500w PSU ... and not enought when i had 7 drive , 8 fan, 8800GT .... recomended was 750w .... and switch and did help little

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information