Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problems Overclocking GA-P35-S3G

Default Re: Problems Overclocking GA-P35-S3G

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Let me know! ya, I thought of you as soon as my PC rebooted and failed to load three times with my overclock when I stuck in my new card.

Strangely I had a Sapphire X1950Pro 256MB GDDR3 which needed 30A on the 12V rail and upgraded to a Sapphire HD 3870 512MB GDDR4 Toxic which needed less amps, but it would not work at all until I added some board voltages. I guess maybe the new tech called for more power to process things.

I have a 750W with 50+ on the 12V so I knew something was up and it was not my PSU
    :( can't change my video card voltages... only the pci-e speed (auto is 100mhz)
    only voltages i can change on this board are fsb,vcore,ram and north bridge.
    Maybe a new motherboard is in order then , what one do you have?

Yeah, I've used the F2, F4, F5a and have never seen PCI-E voltage parameter on this P35-S3G, even after Ctrl+F1.
    Gigabyte P35-S3G . 50mm Fan on MCH +0.2v
    Intel E6500 (9 x 420) 3780mHz 1.33125v
    G.Skill 4x1GB
    PC2-6400-NQ
    840mHz +0.2v
    Gigabyte HD4850 . Acer X223W . Acer X193W+
    Rosewill
    RP500-2 . WD WD3200AAJS . Masscool 8WA741

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Well it could be the PSU, it only has 2 12V rails at 18A each and that card may need more? Not sure, all I can find is minimum of 450W PSU but no 12V rail requirements which all cards do need a certain amount.
    Just looked at the requirements on the box of my card.. it says minumum of 24A on 12v rail...
    I'm not so strong on the PSU department... do my 12v rails combine to make 36A?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ahh, no voltages like that on the S series board, I am not surprised as that is a cheaper model. Ya, that adds up to enough, but with your card needing 24ish that only leaves the rest of your system with 12 or less. So That may not be enough

Not sure what to suggest a board or a PSU, but if you could test with another larger PSU that would be great to help you decide.

I see you do have PCI Expre Freq, set that manually to 100, that may be your issue. If you leave it in Auto when you overclock it is also overclocked as well which is why you should always set it manually to 100 (Or 101-110 max)

See if setting that manually helps you any since you do not have the pcie voltage, and maybe a bump to MCH and or FSB could help as well since more data is put thru those using a larger card

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information