Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R CPU fan question?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R CPU fan question?

I thought it may be your Sys_Fan2 Header. Now, did you test this header with BIOS Setting PWM And voltage as well, just wondering if you thought of that as one may work better then the other.

Yes sometimes it is a BIOS issues, and other times not. You can try a few older BIOS's out and see if you feel up to it.

Ya, you should be able to hook it to PWR_Fan header, Sys_Fan1 or 2 and it will be picked up, maybe not each of those would show in the BIOS but they all would in everest

Figured i'd add my 2c in. Mine does the same thing a few seconds pass before the cpu fan kicks in it wierded me out too the first time i saw this happen, but doesnt seem to hurt anything.
    Rig: Quad Damage
    3Dmark06 score: 13505 No OC
    CPU: Q9450 @ 2.66Ghz
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UDP3
    Memory: Geil DDR2 - 800 4GB (2X2GB)
    GPU: EVGA 8800GT 512MB
    HDD: 2x Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS
    PSU: Corsair 650TX 650W
    CASE: Silverstone TJ09B

Yes, I did test with both and PWM seems to work well now that the fans are on the CPU header.

Snce I'm using BIOS rev 6 and I noticed Gigabyte has a version 7 beta, I'll wait till it's GA'd to see what it addresses...

I hooked up an RPM fan wire from one of the 2 PWM fans to the sense pin of sys_fan2 since that header isn't being used now and it worked fine. I see in BIOS the RPM speed and it is below 1000. So all is good now and enjoying this new system.

Thanks for all your tips and suggestions, hopefully anyone else experiencing this will find this thread useful.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I believe they are trying to fix S3 Sleep issues in the upcoming updates. So if you want something added or looked into please send a report and ask them to pass it along to the BIOS engineers >>>
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Technical Service Zone

Nice to see you can now see your RPM's and you got your fans going as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information