Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GA-EP45-UD3P not going to POST/BIOS setup

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3P not going to POST/BIOS setup

@Brionj Ahh ok well nice to see you are up and running then. To optimize your ram you just have to lower timings one by one and test with memtest86+ as you go, really no other way to go about it.

Xclay, please add your specs to your sig, and please do post what exact settings you tried that fail from my suggestions. What you have above is way to many Auto's to have tried anything I suggested

I believe I was able to get almost all the recommended setting working with the exception of MHC Core and perhaps the advanced RAM settings. I will post a detailed list of BIOS setting showing what is working and what I have tried after I get home from work. Thanks again for your help.
    Last edited by x.clay; 11-24-2008 at 09:51 PM.

K, sounds like maybe you just need me to give you things to change in smaller steps then so not all is changed at once

I applied the settings you posted with a MHC Core 1.05 and it booted up fine this time. Memtest is running but so far there are no errors. I guess I have one of those boards that prefers less than stock I won't know for sure until I get a restart from a BSOD but with Vista 64 that shouldn't be too long. Thanks for all your help. I'll let you know if I have any further issues. For now I'm holding my breath and hoping this fixes the reboot issue.
    System Specs
    CPU: Intel i7 870
    CPU Fan: Zalman 10Flex
    Motherboard: Asus P7P55-Pro
    RAM: Corsair Dominator 1600 - 2X2 gb
    GPU: XFX 4890 1gb
    PSU: Silverstone 700W
    System Drive: Intel X25-M 80gb
    Storage Drive: Hitachi 1tb
    Case: NZXT Khaos

Nice to see! Ya, I think some BIOS's or Boards overvolt that by default for some reason, great to see it worked for you to use less.

Post back anytime

I'm having a very similar problem to the original poster, with a similar setup:
    MB: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3p
    CPU: Intel Q6600
    Video: Radeon 4850
    G.SKILL DDR2-800, 2048MB x 2
    PS: Corsair 750W

So, it's the same motherboard and the same memory as in his scenario.

I power up the system and all the LEDs come on (is this supposed to happen? I can't find a legend in the manual), the various fans come on (with the exception of the CPU fan...is this set to be temperature dependent by default?), and I can hear the HD come alive.

No post /BIOS setup comes up, and there's no apparent video at all, even though the video card fan is coming on so it's clearly getting power. I thought it was the monitor cable but I switched that out from an old analog to digital and still nothing.

Unlike in the other guy's case, mine doesn't seem to reboot every few seconds. The system just sits there, and again the only way to power down is to kill the power supply.

I've tried the original recommendation of taking a single DIMM and trying it in each slot, but that hasn't worked.

This is my 5th system build, but I'm at my wits end here. It's tough to troubleshoot with a system that seems blind ...I feel like it could be absolutely anything. Any ideas?

Disregard my last post. For your amusement: http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/prob...45-ud3p-28955/

I'm having similar memory problems. The bios boot with only one stick of ram (either stick works fine), but will cycle on and off if both sticks are in place. I've tried both 1-3 and 2-4 configurations. Notably (and perhaps this is normal or a sign of board defect), but even with a single stick, it will only work in slots 1 or 2.

I've read every thread I could find here and at other support sites (best discussion here, IMO), and have changed settings many times. The problem still occurs.

Components:

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P (Updated BIOS today)
    Intel Core 2 E8400
    2 - 2GB OCZ Reaper PC 8500 - 1066
    Sapphire HD 3850
    Windows XP 64 Pro

Assistance with this issue is greatly appreciated.

I had to adjust my MCH voltage to get 2X2gb of 1066 RAM to work properly. I would suggest filling out the BIOS form that is posted all over this Forum so people can better advise you.
    System Specs
    CPU: Intel i7 870
    CPU Fan: Zalman 10Flex
    Motherboard: Asus P7P55-Pro
    RAM: Corsair Dominator 1600 - 2X2 gb
    GPU: XFX 4890 1gb
    PSU: Silverstone 700W
    System Drive: Intel X25-M 80gb
    Storage Drive: Hitachi 1tb
    Case: NZXT Khaos

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information