Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EP43-DS3L and E7200

Default Re: EP43-DS3L and E7200

Couldn't achive 8x400 for some reason. It POSTs ok, but when I run Prime95 Vista freezes. I tried raising DRAM voltage but it didn't help. I'm running 9.5x333 with Vcore 1.5625 with no problems. Any ideas?
    I'm getting a non-stock cooler next week so I would try going further, but this thing puzzles me.

Thanks

Nikola

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

That is way to much vcore, especially on stock cooler

Ya, sorry you would need to use 2.66 for your multi and that would not be 1:1. But yes faster is better 1:1 is a thing of the past.

Try my suggestions on page one with 402 FSB with 2.66D multi and static tread of 9-10 and see how it goes. You will of course need to set Vtt and Vcore, but you for sure do not need 1.5625 at all. What is that actually in windows, check with CPU-z

If you think you have to have it because it wont boot otherwise it is likely because you are not setting enough Vtt, again that is WAY To much

Thanks again. It was a typing error, my Vcore was 1.15625, not 1.5625 :). unfortunately I had problems with my motherboard, so I'm waiting for replacement.
    I'll continue my overclocking efforts when I get a replacement MoBo.

Nikola

Ahh, ok! Well... that may not have been near enough then for 3.6, sorry to hear your RMA'd the board. Why did you do that?

It started freezing on its own, even at stock speeds. I first thought that the problem was DRAM modules, so I changed them to quality ones, but it kept happening. At the end it started freezing sometimes even before POST, sometimes when I was in BIOS. Then sometimes it booted Vista OK, but froze in few seconds. At last I called customer serviced and they concluded that its probably some fault in MoBo so tomorrow I'll be getting a new one, so I hope it will solve my problems.

Nikola

Ahh, well at stock then ya sounds like for sure maybe issues unless you did not have relevant 2x2GB/4x1GB settings set if you are using 2x2Gb or more of ram

Good luck setting up the new board, and if you have issues dont RMA So fast and I will see if I can help you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information