Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: EP45-DS3L PCI Slot Problem

Default EP45-DS3L PCI Slot Problem

I'm building a PC with EP45-DS3L MB and E8600 CPU. Everything seems to work fine except for the PCI slots. I'm trying to install a DLink PCI wireless card but everytime I physically intall the card, the PC will not boot. No video at all and PC goes to endless reboots. I changed the BIOS setting to use PCIe as startup display instead of the default PCI but it did not help. I removed the PCIe video and installed an old PCI card. The MB recognized the card and try to boot but immediately shutdown and restart. Without anything plugged-in to the PCI slot, everything worked fine. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

BIOS Ver. F9
    CPU iE8600
    Video Gigabyte 2400HD (ATI) PCIe
    RAM (2) 1GB Kingston 6400

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: EP45-DS3L PCI Slot Problem

I got the card from a known good system that I was going to replace. I will try a different wireless card later on tonight and see what happens. What gets me though is I can't even boot the PC if I use a generic PCI video card. Boots fine with PCIe. That is why I'm thinking of PCI issue.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: EP45-DS3L PCI Slot Problem

Hmm try setting your ICH voltages to this and see if it helps >>>

ICH I/O……………….....1.550V............: <<< 1.55-1.6
    ICH Core…………...……1.100V............: <<< 1.14-1.25

Also set PCI Expres Freq to 100

Could be Bad PCI slots, I use a PCI Wireless card and have no issues on my P45, without added voltages. But I did recently need to add them for my new card to boot thru

Thread Information