Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SATA Jumper for UD3?

Default Re: SATA Jumper for UD3?

Quote Originally Posted by w6kkt View Post
    Vanderman,
    where is the hard drive "jumper" located.
    On the back of all seagate drives there is a very small white jumper on pins on the right of the SATA port. This limits the hard drives transfer to 1.5gb/s to improve compatability with older raid controlers.

Just for refrence the new 1.5tb does not come with them because they feell its beyond the limit of SATA 1 so compatibility will be less of an issue as noone with a sata1 limited board will look to a 1.5tb drive.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Thanks for the information. I thought maybe I had overlooked a jumper on the mb. I just built this new system and have been chasing my tail for the last three days, trying to get my "Acronis 8.0" or "G4U-2.3" backup programs to clone my drives in less than 20 hours (1.8KB/sec), thinking I had missed something in bios or jumper on mb. Turns out both programs will not work properly with new system. I downloaded free "Glonzilla 1.2.1-23" which works very well and very fast clone (1.8 gigs/min). Now I can sleep like a baby!
    This is my first Gigabyte MB. Needless to say it is very impressive.
    Thanks.
    Thanks to all
    Jesse (w6kkt)
    Intel core2-duo-e8600 @4.0ghz, GA-EP45-UD3R mb, 8gb G-Skill pc2 memory, 2x160 hd's, PC-Power&Cooling 750 w pwr, BFG 8600GTOC, Princeton VL1918, ZEROtherm NV120 heatsink, CoolerMaster 632 alum case. OS: Ubuntu 8.10amd64, Sabayon x86-64, mepis 8.0-64, and XP-PRO-32bit.
    Benchmark: 3dMark2001:43204, piFast: 20sec

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Thanks for posting back!

So this "Glonzilla 1.2.1-23" works with SATA and or RAID or no? Please do link me up if you can, I will find it but just wanted a link posted for others later if they find this thread

And I take it you meant Clonezilla right?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information