Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Memory / video problem on GA-EG45M-DS2H

Default Re: Memory / video problem on GA-EG45M-DS2H

Advanced Timing Control:

Advanced Timing Control showing tRRD value in use, which is 3, the values are only visible in the option screen now with this BIOS. My tWTR, tWR, tRFC and tRTP values are 3, 6, 52 and 3 respectively:

Channel A Timing Settings (similar for Ch B), sorry, forgot to get into the Static tRead Value:

Channel A Driving Settings (similar for Ch B), it's all at default values of Auto, I took a shot of the options available for Driving Strength Profile:

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ahh, that is odd that on 333 MCH you do not have the other two mutli's available (3.20 and 4.00) so now I see how 4.00A is likely not possible as well. I see 4.00C, wonder why no A is available? Very odd

So all of these are not available? >>>

Available Northbridge/MCH Straps & Associated Memory Multipliers

Just for the record:

I lowered the RAM voltage even more to 1.8V (manual), and just for not having to remember the setting I left it on auto (BIOS is showing it at 1.8V).

RAM is not even warm to touch now. The G45 is warmer than when running on auto (1.3V now vs 1.2V on auto), but I can keep my finger on the sink indefinitelly w/o getting burned.

I now have to finish installing all the apps and getting the rig in "production". So until getting to OC I'm good.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    What for is the generically named: Robust Graphics Booster?

RGB just adds additional bandwidth to the PCIE bus to allow more processes to run if the bus is not already full. Which it is never, so you can use Fast or Turbo for that setting if you like. You would need to run some graphical benchmarks to see what if any differences you see.

Lsdmeasap, correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand, the RGB setting is only for PCIe video cards only and does not affect the onboard video which the G45 GMCH has...?

Lsdmeasap, maybe I should do another round of load optimized defaults and see whether the "missing" multipliers show up.

Or maybe they forgot to update this board's BIOS correctly to include all options. Anyway, what does it take to request Gigabyte to come up with a BIOS update?

IMHO, the G45 GMCH is basically a P45 MCH with added video only, so the handling of the DRAM should be similar. Which actually makes this EG45M-DS2H board very tweakable in terms of memory speeds/timings and CPU speeds, subject to the limitation of the onboard video which is just a tad above 400MHz bus according to all the reviews out there.

I am not sure if the RGB will affect the onboard, it may, as I think it affects the whole Graphics Bus

I found this at Gigabyte site, very old though? >>>

The GIGABYTE Robust Graphics Booster (R.G.B) feature boosts 3D graphics performance on all DirectX8 and DirectX9 applications.
    R.G.B.

I also found this, and it is about a onboard chip >>>

Technology has name of Robust Graphics Booster allows to increas the frequency of the chipset graphic core by the value from 1% to 50%. Associates used as the test bench the motherboard Gigabyte M55Plus S3 revision 1.2, based on that integrated chipsete NVIDIA GeForce 6100. The graphic core of this chipset works at the default frequency of 425 MHz, the overclocking frequency on the core succeeded to be increased to 33% - 566 MHz. This is already greater than the default frequency of the graphic core of chipset GeForce 6150. Increase in the speed showed in tests performance boost varied from 10% to 12%.
    gigabyte robust graphics booster review

If you do, be sure you go back to the BIOS right after you reboot and set your SATA Settings again, as they will be changed.

Ya, I agree since it only has onboard GFX it should have the same multi's for memory. Can you use a older BIOS to check and see if it is in there maybe? Check your CPU Support list before you try anything like that!

I'll look around for a review on this board and see if I see anything mentioned about this

Looks like it might be gone, shown here >>>
    Gigabyte GA-EG45M-DS2H Intel G45 Chipset Review

As there looks to be only a few spaces left before the end. I see several reviews with similar but no mention of of it in words as you would imagine

You maybe should email support and see what they have to say about it >>>
    GIGABYTE - Support - Technical Service Zone

Is there other missing multi's from the above list or is it just those two on the 333 strap?

It may just be a G45 chip configuration? That is what would decide straps, so maybe it is crippled itself

I do see on G33 there was certain BIOS's that had Certain multi's and one seemed to be missing the 1:1 multi. So it may be a similar issue here

I was on rev F1 when I bought the board but apparently it didn't support my E8600, although it ran and detected the CPU just fine, hmmm? I noticed that there's limited settings already.

Then I flashed to F2 which is the one that has E8600 support. Also limited settings for the memory. The missing ones aren't only the 3.20B and 4.00B, for D/400 bus, the only option is only 2.00D, although if the multi is set to Auto at 400, it will use a 2.40 setting, that's how I got my RAM to run at DDR2-960 when I overclocked my CPU to 4GHz at 400x10.

I'll try to email the Gigabyte support.

But I still have some questions, maybe doru can answer also:

1) To doru, how did you get your OCZ memory to run at 1066, what is your CPU bus speed, GMCH speed and memory multiplier used.

2) To Lsdmeasap, what is the significance of the alphabets A, B, C, D on the memory multipliers, I mean, a 2.00B should have the same effect as a 2.00D, as this is actually a 1:1 setting, only thing will be the bus speed that is different. A multiplier is a multiplier, right, the bus speed is another setting thing altogether... which I think should be made independent. In fact, with the GMCH set to Auto, at my default CPU bus of 333. I even tried 2.66C multiplier setting which should give me a 889MHz DRAM, but it failed to boot no matter what I did to the voltages and timings, very strange considering that I ran successfully at 400x10 with the DRAM at 960.

Oh okay, doru, just re-read your first post, you are on a 266 bus CPU, and you only need to change to 4.00C to get your OCZ to run at 1066...

How I wish mine's that simple...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information