Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Memory / video problem on GA-EG45M-DS2H

Default Re: Memory / video problem on GA-EG45M-DS2H

Actually I don't feel comfortable running at 4GHz with the CPU Vcore at 1.3250V, under 100% continuous load, the actual CPU core temperatures as reported by HWmonitor were at 70C, with a peak at 72C. But interestingly, the more generic "CPU temperature" (also reported by HWmonitor) only stated it as 55C, I believe this is also the number reported in the BIOS and ET6 (which minus a further 5C for some reasons).

Are these temperatures too high? It won't go any higher though even after an hour of continuous running.

CPU fan was peaking at around 2700-2800rpm, quite noisy if you ask me.

System temperature is pretty much stable though at 45-48C.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

What does coretemp show for your cores at load? Ya 70C is getting warm for sure, but only during tests would your CPU ever run that hot

At startup, they are around 50C for core temps, 40-45C for the "CPU temperature" (HWmonitor and BIOS). Yes, the 70C cores were only during 100% load.

Hello all,

I wondered if one of you had the same problem as I do using the Firewire link ?

I tried to connect my camera to the firewire link internal connector linked to the front panel of the case (antec remote) or even to the backplane directly on the MB without success. Nothing detected.

Is there some specific drivers to install ? a parameter to set in the bios ? The internal i1394 is set to enable already in the Bios as it was by default.

Is there an eventual problem making a 4 wires to 6 wires link ?

Thanks for your help! Again!

Cheers,

Frédéric.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Hmm, do you have it enabled in the BIOS? Yes, Intel Chipset drivers should be installed, and all windows updates

Hi all, hope someone can help ....

I'm running windows 7 but had the same problem with Vista (was hoping Win 7 would fix it but it's the same). I'm running the Gigabyte G45 board and the only peripheral cards are a RocketRaid controller on the PCIe and a FloppyDTV-S2 tuner on the firewire port. I used MCStandby tool (in non install mode) and the system under vista and win 7 goes into and out of standby fine.

The problem is it takes about 10s to power off when going to sleep (no real problem) but over 20s to return from standby. This slow wake up is really a problem - particularly with the wife. I've heard of systems returning within 2 or 3s but have never got better than 24s. I though it might be hibernate or hybrid sleep but they are set off in my control panel and the BIOS is set to S3. I've really no idea how to start tracking the problem down and would really appreciate some advice.

Thanks in anticipation.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information