Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HD Audio issue EP45T-DS3R

Default HD Audio issue EP45T-DS3R

Initially my problem was Realtek was installed and audio volume was fine but every other program the volume was minimal if audible, you-tube was no audio.

OK so I've attempted every option and followed just about every thread I've read.

I've safe mode and uninstalled both MS UAA's, add/remove all audio, unistalled K8888.

Safe mode reinstalled WMD_R209 and nothing it doesnt even install the Realtek software. Both UAA instances no offer me another problem as on reboot it detects a new PCI device that I cant figure any drivers for, displays 2 yellow! where the MS UAA where in system devices.

The first time I installed I had issues with this but never had 2 instances of the MS UAA or the PCI problem, I actually fluked getting it working :)

Default Re: HD Audio issue EP45T-DS3R

Are you sure that Azelia audio Codec is enabled in BIOS's Integrated Peripherals screen?
    GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
    i5-4690K + Corsair H90
    Sapphire Radeon R7 240
    16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
    Corsair CX750M
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Yeah I double checked that

Have you checked it's not something as simple as the Realtek Control panel Volume "out of Sync" with windows control panel Volume?
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

MS XP service pack 3 Dowloaded the WMD_209 of Realtek site, tried the one that came with the disk, seems when I disable and uninstall MS UAA I have no sound at all and realtek just doesnt install the software?

@ VorLonUK, the realtek speaker test audio is fine when it works but the actual system sounds and youtube, games ect its barely audible if at all and thats with all settings maxed out, when I can get it to a semi working state :(

Have you adjusted the volume sliders in the taskbar and thru control panel sounds at all, or checked that they (Realtek not Microsoft as default) are enabled and set correctly in the sound configuration tab of control panel?

Have you tried installing the bundled UUA and RealTek driver provided by Gigabyte on your boards page? If not try that

Yeah I've got everything set to max and before my reinstall, I had to set levels to 75 to avoid distortion and even then youtube clips had to be played at half level.

I've tried the gigabyte Realtek bundle software and the Realtek WMD_209 but nothing, if I uninstall the MS UAA in the system section then I lose all audio and realtek will not install properly and I end up with unknow PCI device & no audio at all.

Hmm, very odd. Can you try disabling legacy USB Storage detect in the BIOS and see if that has any effect? It often can affect things strangely.

Can you just do a clean or repair install? Repair install may not fix this issue though, it may need to be a clean install

What codec packages do you have installed, and do you have the latest Adobe shockwave, and flash player installed?

All windows updates installed? If so, please check again now and do a custom scan not quick or express, that way you see all additional/optional updates

*EDIT* Try this method with the "unknown PCI Device" listed in device manager >>>

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888111

First extract all the content of 'kb888111xpsp2' with WinRAR, here you will find a folder named 'commonfiles'. This folder contain the 'Microsoft UAA Function Driver for High Definition Audio'.

After that you goto 'Device Manager' here you will find a unknown devices named 'PCI Device' in 'Other Devices' install 'Microsoft UAA Function Driver for High Definition Audio' for that device by pointing the "Update Driver" to the extracted files & after that install your sound device driver.
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 11-25-2008 at 05:38 PM.

Ok so what I've done is gone in safe mode uninstalled Realtek and an ATI AA01 HD driver, regedit and deleted all instances of it exect for one SZ key for the ATI AA01 which even using permissions will not let me delete.
    I've reinstalled Realtek WMD_209 and currently have audio although I can only describe the youtube audio as being slightly digitally corrupt but volume is slightly better, both instances of Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio still exist in system devices because if I uninstall them I end up with unknown PCI device.
    I currently have the Unknown Devices-Audio Device on High Definition yellow?

I think I have the latest shockwave flash player installed and have turned of legacy USB

I do have the KB888111 installed and unsure what version of the MS UAA is installed driver 5.10.0.5010 is all I know.

not sure where to go from here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information